***PreMatch Analysis***

nvager

Rangers versus Motherwell at Ibrox stadium on Saturday 19, December, 2009. Kick-off 3:00 PM.

Rangers are once again top of the SPL after beating Dundee United at Tannadice last Tuesday night by 3-0.

Rangers have 34 points from 15 games with a goal difference of +20. Celtic trail by one point after the same number of games and have a goal difference of +17. Our opponents on Saturday, Motherwell are in fifth place with 20 points and a goal difference of 0.

If we win on Saturday we will go 4 points ahead of Celtic who play Hearts at lunch time on Sunday.

As usual this is another must win game in a series of them leading up to the match against Celtic on the 3rd of January. We are now showing good form due to playing two wingers with pace and Davis in the middle. The team is much more balanced, playing at a good tempo and looking far more dangerous. The football moreover is effective and attarctive. Broadfoot coming back has solidified the defence too.

The question now is will Walter Smith stik with this team and formation in the forthcoming games? I think he will. He has absolutely no reason to change anything. The only change may be to replace McCulloch with Thomson and Alexander with McGegor if McGregor is fit, but that may take another week.

I really think if we show anything like the same urgency we displayed at Tannadice then we will win this game by at least 3 goals. We have the talent to do so.

My feeling is the team is likely to be Alexander, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Beasley, Davis, Thomson, Novo, Miller and Boyd.

McCulloch is one booking away from missing the Celtic game so I feel he will be on the bench. Edu is in the squad, I believe. so hopefully he will replace Thomson at some point and get some playing time under his belt.

I hope if we play well and are up a few goals, that both Edu and some youngsters get some playing time. We know what Lafferty and Naismith can do already.

My prediction is Rangers to win by 3 goals - 3-0 and Boyd to score at least two.

Don't see any reason to make wholesale changes for this one apart from McCulloch dropping out to make way for Thomson. Every time we go to the top of the SPL we seem to drop points and hand the initiative back to Celtic. This cannot happen on Saturday. We have to go for the jugular and keep our lead at the top of the SPL.

I'm going for a Rangers win but I think it will be tight 2-1

Can't wait for this game so that we can shut Gannon up.

I wonder after we trash them will it be as a result of our superior performance or his players just not being at it ?

As we said before and during the Dundee utd game its time that we put all these shitey wee insignificant clubs firmly in their place. The biggest elements of these clubs seems to be the size of their managers mouth ...

Don't see anything in the Motherwell side that concerns me. Ruddy, Moutaouakil, Saunders, and Jutkiewicz are decent players, but the rest are shit, and they have one of the worst defenders in Scotland - Mark Reynolds.

I saw the highlights of them against celtc, and they did not impress me at all - a good side would have given them 6 or 7.

Jim Gannon will have them fired up, but we should also be buzzing, and the chance to put pressure on celtc, along with home advantage should see us through - anything other than a win will be unacceptable.

Don't see anything in the Motherwell side that concerns me. Ruddy, Moutaouakil, Saunders, and Jutkiewicz are decent players, but the rest are shit, and they have one of the worst defenders in Scotland - Mark Reynolds.

I saw the highlights of them against celtc, and they did not impress me at all - a good side would have given them 6 or 7.

Jim Gannon will have them fired up, but we should also be buzzing, and the chance to put pressure on celtc, along with home advantage should see us through - anything other than a win will be unacceptable.

Watched the 2nd half of m'well vs Celtic and as Muff said any decent team would have put at least 6 by them. Should be a fairly easy win if we play well.

Gannon's remarks on how Celtic have already lost the league due to referee's decisions was a joke - get those fucking palyers told he is a dirty wee beed rhattler and get motherwell pumped for that 0-0 draw earlier this season

Fucking hate motherwell