Managers Mail

BLUEDIGNITY

Start As You Mean To Go On

SUNDAY'S 4-1 win over Hibernian was extremely pleasing and now, as we look towards the new year, it's our objective to keep our good run going.

After a poor start at Easter Road, we recovered well and scored good goals, something which has been a feature of our play lately. Long may that continue.

Just as we want to finish 2009 on a high tomorrow against Dundee United, we're also looking to begin 2010 in the right fashion when we visit Celtic on Sunday.

The meeting with United will be tough, despite the fact they have lost Craig Levein since we last met them a couple of weeks ago.

Peter Houston is taking their team at the moment and he'll not only make sure they are up for the game, he'll bring them to Ibrox looking for a positive result.

We certainly won't be going into the match with any thoughts that United will be any different from what they were when Craig was manager.

It took one of our best performances in a long time to beat them at Tannadice recently and we'll have to reach those levels again to come out on top.

After United, our thoughts will turn to the derby and there is nowhere more difficult for us to go and play domestically than Celtic Park.

It's always a very hard place to take something from and we know that through our experiences there previously.

We've done well lately and our fans have enjoyed watching us but I don't think the away team can ever be seen as favourites in an Old Firm game. That's just not a factor.

You would always expect the home team in the derby to have that role and we'll have to be at our very best because we know if we're not, we'll lose.

We'll go into the game aware of what we need to do and if we play to our capabilities, I'm confident we can do well and get the result we're looking for.

After what I hope was a good Christmas for you, have a happy new year and all the best for 2010 when it comes.

Walter Smith

:sherlock: