Jamie Redknapp - as a player

Boab

My pal said last night he was an average joe as a player - not pish but not amazing - whereas I said he was above average and more of 7.5 if you can get such a thing.

I'm naw saying he was amazing but a right good player, though admittedly maybe a squad player to some teams.

What's your view?

very very overrated imo. Not really international quality only gottae in as it was a transitional time for their midfield.

Old man mcallister showed him up too at club level. Injured show pony who got the breaks in football and punditry cos a who his fatha was.

very very overrated imo. Not really international quality only gottae in as it was a transitional time for their midfield.

Old man mcallister showed him up too at club level. Injured show pony who got the breaks in football and punditry cos a who his fatha was.

Do you just talk shite everywhere?

Redknapp was a different class to McAllister IMO.

Good player, who could maybe have hit a higher level had he not suffered injury after injury. He had numerous ankle injuries, spent hours and hours a day on a CPM machine, and had 12 knee operations, one of them which fucked him up big time, yet still managed to play over 300 career games, and represent England. You could also question his early day's outwith football where he was a bit of a playboy, and loved the limelight.

His touch, vision, ability to pick out a pass/distribution, and final ball was pretty damn good, and he had a good footballing brain.

I really detest watching Jamie Redknapp being a pundit on the EPL and CL games.

The next time he is on just watch him. Whoever else is beside him is sitting nice and relaxed and speaking proper English. Redknapp sits on the edge of the seat like he is ready to spring forward like a fucking Cobra while saying things like, ''I fink he did this wrong'' and ''I fought he was great'' Speak proper English!

The next time he is on just watch him. Whoever else is beside him is sitting nice and relaxed and speaking proper English. Redknapp sits on the edge of the seat like he is ready to spring forward like a fucking Cobra while saying things like, ''I fink he did this wrong'' and ''I fought he was great'' Speak proper English!

Good Rangers Lad though....

Do you just talk shite everywhere?

Redknapp was a different class to McAllister IMO.

Alan Cunt-on your such an idiot redknapp was better than mcallister! :rolleyes:

aye! Andy townsend is another one coiled like a cobra ready to spring foward.

worst pundits tho mcmenamin, peter reid (monkey face thai lady boy fucker extraordinaire), and ian wright

i dunnae what it is, the scottish pundits just like the managers are the best

That and the fact he talks over the old pros like Souness and Platt, I reckon its only a matter of time before he gets a slap!

Wish someone would slap his da too..

That and the fact he talks over the old pros like Souness and Platt, I reckon its only a matter of time before he gets a slap!

Wish someone would slap his da too..

That's another point I forgot to add.

If you watch him on CL nights when the likes of Graeme Souness, Ruud Gullit, Jurgen Klinsmann etc are on he is jumping in ahead of them and you can see them all, especially Souness, sitting back and not paying attention to him.

And as for Harry Redknapp he looks like something from Spitting Image, top manager though.