Golf

kplfishtank

What's your handicap that's decent shooting.

Went to the practice area today 12 balls from 80 yards down to 40 yards best results were coming from chip and runs with a 8 iron or pitching wedge, medal tomorrow and looks like a decent day.

Playing off 13 just now but i know it can and should be lower. Personal circumstances have meant i haven't played much competitive golf the last few years. Finally free to get back in to it hence why i took the lessons as i knew my game needed improved in all areas. Driving and short game being the two that really needed worked on. Driving is getting there and so is the short game. Got medals final this Saturday so weather permitting i will be working on those two areas this week.

Anyone play much golf in Edinburgh?

Not really once in a blue moon, played Craig Millar park a few weeks ago nice course but very hilly. Mortonhall looks nice but never played it. East Lothian and North Berwick have some nice courses. The Glen, craigielaw, Gullane 1,2 and 3 are all nice but a little travel from Edinburgh. Kings acre a little closer and a ok course. The Titleist fitting place is there.

Not really once in a blue moon, played Craig Millar park a few weeks ago nice course but very hilly. Mortonhall looks nice but never played it. East Lothian and North Berwick have some nice courses. The Glen, craigielaw, Gullane 1,2 and 3 are all nice but a little travel from Edinburgh. Kings acre a little closer and a ok course. The Titleist fitting place is there.

I seen the gullane courses last year when I was at Muirfield for the Open. Some amounts of courses along the coastline there, golf paradise.

Playing off 13 just now but i know it can and should be lower. Personal circumstances have meant i haven't played much competitive golf the last few years. Finally free to get back in to it hence why i took the lessons as i knew my game needed improved in all areas. Driving and short game being the two that really needed worked on. Driving is getting there and so is the short game. Got medals final this Saturday so weather permitting i will be working on those two areas this week.

need to get you and ginger over to mine , will sort something out when i get home from world cup

need to get you and ginger over to mine , will sort something out when i get home from world cup

Yeah would be good and vice versa. Clay is taking us down to the coast for a game soon as well. You playing in their open day?

My grips are shocking, the choice is off the scale, any recommendations and ballpark cost, I seen lamkin ones that seemed a fair bit dearer than the rest are they good?

I got a Lamkin crossline standard grip, on a 5 wood was £6 would like to get every club done with them like the feel of it. Will be £6 a club and you should get them fitted for free if they don't fit them for free go elsewhere. £5.99 on American golf for the grips.

What do people think of having the same grip on every club ?

I got a Lamkin crossline standard grip, on a 5 wood was £6 would like to get every club done with them like the feel of it. Will be £6 a club and you should get them fitted for free if they don't fit them for free go elsewhere. £5.99 on American golf for the grips.

Amazon do 13 for 56 quid, jumbo crossline.

Never had same grip on every club but should in theory be beneficial.

Anyone play much golf in Edinburgh?

You can usually get good pay as you play deals at Dalmahoy through teeofftimes.co.uk.

Played the East course last year for £22 for a round on a Sunday morning. Monster of a course, but a great track and in superb condition.

My grips are shocking, the choice is off the scale, any recommendations and ballpark cost, I seen lamkin ones that seemed a fair bit dearer than the rest are they good?

I went with GolfPride ones with a couple of extra tapes added to make them thicker. Wanted the red, white and blue ones but had to wait 6 weeks so never bothered. My mates the Pro so only took £5 per club.

You can usually get good pay as you play deals at Dalmahoy through teeofftimes.co.uk.

Played the East course last year for £22 for a round on a Sunday morning. Monster of a course, but a great track and in superb condition.

I really like the newer holes they put in to lose the two short finishing holes, I think 13 and 14 are the newer ones.

Played the west course about a month ago that's a great little course, haven't played the East course yet but meant to be playing it soon with my Uncle as my Auntie is a manager of some sort at the Mariott, and can get me discount.