Golf

kplfishtank

1 hour ago, Skelf said:

I don't get the hate towards him by folk. 

Because golf courses aren't set up for balls to be hit 400 yards. The game has always been about finesse and course management. Obviously distance and accuracy play an important role.

When Tiger came on the scene, he was outhitting everyone that Augusta extended the distance of many holes. They cannot do it again for Dechambeau because they simply do not have the real estate to do so.

Technology is ruining the game. Dechambeau is using a 48 inch driver that has a club speed of 144 mph!!

It would be very difficult for a player under 6ft to use a club of that length with success.

I hope he doesn't win.

21 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Caught a wee bit with Bob bubka on talksport today and he was saying they have an air conditioning type thing under the greens at augusta that should mean they play consistently no matter what the weather does 

I have listened to him for years on talksport, i seen him for the first time yesterday on Sky he is a fair bit older than i thought he was, he talks a good game.

18 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I have listened to him for years on talksport, i seen him for the first time yesterday on Sky he is a fair bit older than i thought he was, he talks a good game.

Went to see The Open at St Andrews the time before last it was there.  The Saturday night at the bar right across from the 1st tee and 18 green it was heaving, no room inside.  Just heard this voice and knew straight away who it was.  There he was standing with Ray Houghton and a few other guys.  Houghton with all his freebies, golf shoes, brollies, jumpers, champagne flowing.  Big Bob was like a magnet.

Sunday night we met McDowell in a club and obviously asked who he supported.  Said Mun U but we said, naw Rangers or celtic?  Rangers.

41 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Because golf courses aren't set up for balls to be hit 400 yards. The game has always been about finesse and course management. Obviously distance and accuracy play an important role.

When Tiger came on the scene, he was outhitting everyone that Augusta extended the distance of many holes. They cannot do it again for Dechambeau because they simply do not have the real estate to do so.

Technology is ruining the game. Dechambeau is using a 48 inch driver that has a club speed of 144 mph!!

It would be very difficult for a player under 6ft to use a club of that length with success.

I hope he doesn't win.

:lol:fuck off. The guy is trying to play the game and use the tools at his disposal to be the best player in the world,fair play to him

8 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

:lol:fuck off. The guy is trying to play the game and use the tools at his disposal to be the best player in the world,fair play to him

Pretty soon you will have to be minimum 6ft 4 and 250 lbs to compete on the PGA. Also, they have done a poor job of drug testing. Woods was on roids and I wouldn't be surprised if Rory was at one point as well.

They need to put restrictions on technology.

Gone are the days when guys like Faldo or Couples would win Augusta by thinking their way around the golf course with a strategy.

Golf is slowly becoming a driving competition.

Whatever happened to 'drive for show, put for the dough?"

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Pretty soon you will have to be minimum 6ft 4 and 250 lbs to compete on the PGA. Also, they have done a poor job of drug testing. Woods was on roids and I wouldn't be surprised if Rory was at one point as well.

They need to put restrictions on technology.

Gone are the days when guys like Faldo or Couples would win Augusta by thinking their way around the golf course with a strategy.

Golf is slowly becoming a driving competition.

Whatever happened to 'drive for show, put for the dough?"

A certain person done that last year and he's nowhere near the big hitters anymore.Plenty others on different courses aswell.Just because dechambaeu can drive the ball further than every other cunt cause he's built like fuck and using technology thats aloud doesn't make it a bad thing.Its up to the other players to combat that and up their game 

The one thing that gets me is pros using "game- improvement" (GI) irons. At first i couldn't understand why, i mean, is it not embarassing as a pro to admit that you're getting  a bit shit? Then took into account the fact that most new GI irons have stronger lofts thus alowing (what seemed to me) the older players starting to use them.  Is that them having to find the additional yardage to keep up with the younger big hitting guys?

I play Titleist 710 MBs and hit my 7 iron 145-150 yards (pretty standard for a decade+ ago) wheras now the Titleist GI irons i would hit the 7 iron over 170 yards because of the loft change. Seen as i don't play off the championship tees i don't come across many courses where i NEED to hit longer. So much so that i have just decided to go back to a Callaway Great Big Bertha 10 degree driver for consistency over an extra 10 yards.

9 hours ago, gazza27 said:

I read somewhere he is not getting on with it (new driver)and will keep using his shorter one , love to see the big hitters John Daly was the original  breath of fresh air the way he played (his book is a good read if you are interested)

9 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Went to see The Open at St Andrews the time before last it was there.  The Saturday night at the bar right across from the 1st tee and 18 green it was heaving, no room inside.  Just heard this voice and knew straight away who it was.  There he was standing with Ray Houghton and a few other guys.  Houghton with all his freebies, golf shoes, brollies, jumpers, champagne flowing.  Big Bob was like a magnet.

Sunday night we met McDowell in a club and obviously asked who he supported.  Said Mun U but we said, naw Rangers or celtic?  Rangers.

No wonder there was no room if Houghton had his shop in there.