Golf

kplfishtank

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

Looking for some inch longer left handed irons for a beginner and came across these. Can anyone tell me if they’re worth buying? Is 4.5 upright lie angle too much? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184514038881

Thats a lot above standard loft. Best way is to try a few options at a driving range. Probs too late for this set but, it is a lot of money to just buy a set for the sake of it.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Thats a lot above standard loft. Best way is to try a few options at a driving range. Probs too late for this set but, it is a lot of money to just buy a set for the sake of it.

Thanks. The pro I’ve been having lessons with said to look for +1 inch length and 2 degree upright, so thought 4.5 seemed a lot! 

Right bears, whose gonna win the masters?

DJ is hot right now and so is Jon Rahm.

Can't wait to see Dechambeau try to hit it 400 yards.

But I will be putting my money on Rory, like I always do.

I know Tiger knows the course inside out but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the cut.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Right bears, whose gonna win the masters?

DJ is hot right now and so is Jon Rahm.

Can't wait to see Dechambeau try to hit it 400 yards.

But I will be putting my money on Rory, like I always do.

I know Tiger knows the course inside out but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the cut.

I know the answer to this question but I can't tell you bud as it may effect his odds:pipe:

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So many players could win it. No one dominates the game the way it was in the old days.

It's a minefield in truth.....take big DJ for example....he is the first to admit that Augusta is set up perfect for his game but he general struggles round it.....I backed him one year and he finished -14 under or round about that, I think he had something like 6 eagles between the par 5s on the back 9....basically over his 4 rounds he was only 2 under for the rest of the course 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So many players could win it. No one dominates the game the way it was in the old days.

cannot see rory winning it much as i wish he would he cannot string 4 good rounds together  my fancies are the same as yours rahm or dustin johnston  maybe thomas

8 minutes ago, badjon said:

Only really watch the majors so had forgotten they were playing this week, the change in the usual weather for the tournament has to be taken into account. I know next to nothing about golf so just enquiring 👍

Wet helps longer drivers 

14 hours ago, badjon said:

Only really watch the majors so had forgotten they were playing this week, the change in the usual weather for the tournament has to be taken into account. I know next to nothing about golf so just enquiring 👍

Temperture wise, it will be around the same as April, just a little colder for the morning tee times.

They have been working for weeks together the greens up to speed.

I expect it to play just as tough. Nine under to win - McIlroy ...

No really a massive golf fan, wits this about the boy that drives further than everyone else ever has and they want to change the course or something for him.   I’m lost at that how is that fair because he’s better at something than someone else?

53 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No really a massive golf fan, wits this about the boy that drives further than everyone else ever has and they want to change the course or something for him.   I’m lost at that how is that fair because he’s better at something than someone else?

I don't get the hate towards him by folk.