Golf

kplfishtank

Hardly finished, just unlikely to win a major again. I think hes playing injured, if you saw him half way through the 3rd round he looked stiff as fuck. Most noticable when picking the ball out the hole.

Still a great player and still be an honour to play with him if you manage the chance as an amateur. Ogletree looked scared on the 1st day (no surprise), probably got some great advise from Tiger during that round.

Just now, mclovin9091 said:

Hardly finished, just unlikely to win a major again. I think hes playing injured, if you saw him half way through the 3rd round he looked stiff as fuck. Most noticable when picking the ball out the hole.

Still a great player and still be an honour to play with him if you manage the chance as an amateur. Ogletree looked scared on the 1st day (no surprise), probably got some great advise from Tiger during that round.

Hasn't had a reasonable tournament since his victory a year ago. His form in 18 until the masters was great. 

Don't normally watch most of any major comp due to working but having had the time to put on 2 screens.

Are they normally that shite off the tee or do i just miss it because i only watch the highlights? It seemed to me that a hell of a lot of shots were played from the trees.

Woods took a 10, but you watch it and just shows golf at his cruellest - sure it gets highlighted because it is Woods but plenty of worse shots hit this weekend than his first 2 shots at the green, worse shots that didn't end up in the water. Over compensated at the 3rd go and ended up with the most awkward lie in a bunker and suddenly you are playing a 10. but... that tee shot could easily have snagged in the grass, and he walks away with a 3. That's golf, as amateurs we have all been there. 

I think they have to put an asterisk next to the record score though. The course this week didn't play like Augusta - it really suited the drive and wedge game - and Johnson is the finest exponent of that. The greens are Augusta's main defence and they clearly were far more forgiving than normal. Aprils masters won't be like shooting darts at the green, you won't be stopping 180yrd approaches dead. This played like any other tour event. 

I like DJ though, and happy to see him win. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Nice wee set of official logo golf balls on sale on the Titleist website. Bit dearer than you'd pay normally but nice, particularly as a gift:

https://www.titleist.co.uk/my-titleist/custom-golf-balls/Rangers-fc-golf-balls

Wonder if we will bring out more golf items now