Golf

kplfishtank

20 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I still shoot in the low to mid-80's mate into my late-fifties because of myĀ Scotty Cameron putter. Love it.

I miss my Scotty Newport should never have sold itĀ although I putt well with my spideršŸ‘šŸ»

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I miss my Scotty Newport should never have sold itĀ although I putt well with my spideršŸ‘šŸ»

canny use them mate. To clumsy and bulky looking for me. My Scotty putter looks like something from the 60" or 70"s. A simple small blade.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

canny use them mate. To clumsy and bulky looking for me. My Scotty putter looks like something from the 60" or 70"s. A simple small blade.

I donā€™t miss any small putts with the spider as I find it really difficult to have a wave in my swing with it. Rolls straight through the ball for mešŸ‘šŸ»

Backed Thomas Detry to win again for the umpteenth time in the Olympic 72 hole course there. Had my fingers burnt so many times with this b stard but keep backing him as surely he must win a competition sometime. Backed Calum Hill in the other one. Here's hoping (again).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone looking for a new set of clubs?

Bought a set of Callaway X2 Hot 10 Piece and a 14 Golf Bag. Fucked my back the day they got delivered last year so Iā€™ve never fuckinfg hit them.

Cost me Ā£729 so if anyoneā€™s interested Iā€™ll flog them. Theyā€™re going on gumtree and eBay but thought Iā€™d offer here firstĀ 

Played Ratho Park on Friday and Archerfield Fidra on Saturday.

Ratho is an interesting track, ideal for an outing, not too long but very tricky greens.

Fidra is great and majority prefer it over the Dirleton but reckon Dirleton has the more traditional links feel and us better for it. Both great tbh.

Putting was shocking all weekend, 40 on Friday, 34 on Saturday

On 16/08/2021 at 07:37, dummiesoot said:

Played Ratho Park on Friday and Archerfield Fidra on Saturday.

Ratho is an interesting track, ideal for an outing, not too long but very tricky greens.

Fidra is great and majority prefer it over the Dirleton but reckon Dirleton has the more traditional links feel and us better for it. Both great tbh.

Putting was shocking all weekend, 40 on Friday, 34 on Saturday

What you playing off?

6 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

6 at the moment, playing shite generally so going up rather than down

Wow. I've just got back into it again after about 8 years no playing. Took lessons to try and fix going over the top thinking I just had to shallow the club more and turned out I've basically been gripping and doing much more bad habits than I thought. Starting to work but.Ā  Just took a wee membership at Dalziel park too. Got the bug big time.

On 30/08/2021 at 17:43, HairyBeary said:

Played Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen and Trump over the weekend . Got so lucky with the weather . Royal Aberdeen was my favourite , great course and was slightly less hungover that day.Ā 

My mate played Cruden Bay on Friday & Trump on the Saturday, Cruden Bay looks stunningĀ 

On 30/08/2021 at 17:43, HairyBeary said:

Played Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen and Trump over the weekend . Got so lucky with the weather . Royal Aberdeen was my favourite , great course and was slightly less hungover that day.Ā 

Royal Aberdeen is a wonderful course, Cruden Bay is a cracker too but I walked the Trump and it gave me the shivers man. Go off-line and you're in big trouble.