Golf

kplfishtank

Is it in good shape? I'm thinking of going down there later in the month.

it was in good shape , well !! the rough was in good shape as i was never on the short stuff , but it is a good course . Still get that tinge of jealousy on the 5th tee when lookin across to Royal Troon . How the other half live !!

well, the 1st is uphill, the 2nd even moreso....... the 4th and 5th are uphill, 8 and 9 are uphill, then yer alright till the 17th, they changed the course so you go through the back gate earlier (First hole through the gate now the 5th) so it gets that back part out of the way quicker and leaves 2 flatter holes for the back 9 which is good.....

tbh I reguarly play 36 holes in a day....... tired by the end of it but still a cracking course, very hard, very varied holes with some of the best views and t shots looking over the whole of glasgow, the first hole back through the gates is brilliant, feels like your just hitting it off a cliff right into the city centre :D

yeah its VERY hard to judge, your basically hitting off a cliff........... with the wind howling in your face but the wind down in the corner can be totally different, hit a 7 iron about 100 feet into the field the other day............... its very hit or miss, going to have to practice some sort of low punch shot just for that hole, firing it up into the the golfing gods hands is nae good

sprinted round kirkhill after work tonight in 3 hours,

shot 86 (+16) with 36 points...... still cant tame the fuckin driver, some holes I feel like a fucking pga pro, pinned one 290 yards tonight picked up the tee after half a second.......

and then other shots im duck hooking them ........ blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

tbh id give up 40 yards to be arrow straight everytime :( theres a few holes at kirkhill where your drive lands on the down slope and if you can drive it 200 yards youll get a 300 yard drive no worries........

the 2 holes i hit absolute screamers on, one was totally flat the other uphill, both about 285-290......... the rest im hooking and slicing and having long difficult irons to greens from shite lies :/

tbh id give up 40 yards to be arrow straight everytime :( theres a few holes at kirkhill where your drive lands on the down slope and if you can drive it 200 yards youll get a 300 yard drive no worries........

the 2 holes i hit absolute screamers on, one was totally flat the other uphill, both about 285-290......... the rest im hooking and slicing and having long difficult irons to greens from shite lies :/

:D The joys.