Golf

kplfishtank

i played barshaw this morning

i play every hole hole as a par 6 (108 par) and went round in 3 over 111

first round since last year (september or october) so im quite pleased with that today

had a couple of vile 8s on the scorecard, had a few putts for normal pars (3s or 4s) aswell

goin to break 100 this summer!!!! hahaha

not long finished, 4 and a half hours of fucking idiots :lol: too many people playing today that have never seen a golf club and held the full course up :(

anyway... hit a 74 6 over par not too bad for me, very pleased. :)

whats your handicap?

74 is brilliant unless you play off scratch then its pish

not long finished, 4 and a half hours of fucking idiots :lol: too many people playing today that have never seen a golf club and held the full course up :(

anyway... hit a 74 6 over par not too bad for me, very pleased. :)

whats your handicap?

74 is brilliant unless you play off scratch then its pish

my handicap is 9 :D I advise you never play Linn Park its not kept to any standard what so ever, very poor. i usually play rouken glen or mearns castle.

I played on Friday, a tie on the New, won 5&4.

what kind of clubs does everybody use?

7.5° Titleist 905 driver.

Callaway X-12 2 iron.

Titleist MB blades, 3-9 iron.

48°, 54°, 56°, 60° Titleist spin-milled vokey wedges.

Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

playing linn park at the moment. Its not in great condition at all but its stoud so its going to be a long day.

Linn park, Netherlee area?

Nowhere better to grow up than on the Links of St. Andrews. The set-up is brilliant, there are so many courses, and it's cheap. A years Links ticket, which allows me to play 7 courses (Old Course and the Castle Course included) as many times as I want is £5 dearer than it is for one round at Kingsbarns (£170 a year) - it's free up until the age of 18, if that can't get people into golf, then nothing will.

Sadly, there isn't as many youngsters taking the game up for some strange reason :(

Nowhere better to grow up than on the Links of St. Andrews. The set-up is brilliant, there are so many courses, and it's cheap. A years Links ticket, which allows me to play 7 courses (Old Course and the Castle Course included) as many times as I want is £5 dearer than it is for one round at Kingsbarns (£170 a year) - it's free up until the age of 18, if that can't get people into golf, then nothing will.

Sadly, there isn't as many youngsters taking the game up for some strange reason :(

Awesome, Muff, I'm a wee bitty jealous of you when you read that. We have the same issues at Elderslie with lack of junior golfers although we have a young girl playing nationally. what we do have is a fucking brilliant greenkeeper. We have so many pros and quality amateurs that comment on the quality of the greens.

Just picked up a Titleist 680 Forged 2 iron from eBay for £12.99 in all - what a bargain!!!

Good to see some people still believe in a good 1 or 2 iron instead of a hybrid!.

I can't hit them, they are awful things. My current 2 iron is completely worn, and I've been hunting about for ages for a replacement. I also found a Titleist pro trajectory spoon in my old mans garage the other night, must be a good 20 years old. I'm going to stick a new shaft on it and take it out with me.

<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Just picked up a Titleist 680 Forged 2 iron from eBay for £12.99 in all - what a bargain!!!<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Good to see some people still believe in a good 1 or 2 iron instead of a hybrid!.<BR>
<BR><BR>I can't hit them, they are awful things. My current 2 iron is completely worn, and I've been hunting about for ages for a replacement. I also found a Titleist pro trajectory spoon in my old mans garage the other night, must be a good 20 years old. I'm going to stick a new shaft on it and take it out with me.<BR>
<BR><BR>I have a Ping Eye 2  1 iron (about 25 years old) that is absolutely brilliant in the wind nice low trajectory, love the club, tried re-shafting it and took a while to get used to it again. <BR>

got a tie oin saturday and ive not played since last monday could be finished before the 14th

Look on the bright side, it's not too far to walk in from the 13th. tongue.gif

You better get some practice in before Vegas.

TT is Southern Dunes worthwhile playing i am over in Haines City in July, lovely villa on the course, overlooking the 2nd fairway from the pool!

You can't beat the older clubs, Ping, Titleist and Taylor Made, made some excellent clubs. I don't like all this new technology. Club heads are too big, too many different shafts... I like a simple small headed driver, thin bladed irons and an extra stiff rifle shaft.