1. 1. Who do you think is better

• Whittaker
    • Broadfoot

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broadfoot all day long, no question.

Whittaker is shambolic defensively, one of the worst defenders in the purest sense I've ever seen play for us. Going forward he can be effective but this is generally in easier games at home to bottom 6 sides. The game at the weekend against Hibs was arguably his best performance in a Rangers jersey, in terms of being a well rounded display both defensively and offensively against a decent side.

But still, when it comes down to it, crucial Old Firm game........has to be Broadfoot over Whittaker, no question. Remember the first few weeks and months of the season ? Whittaker cost us goal after goal. And just recently, against Falkirk the bottom side in the league, at home, he looked an absolute bag of nerves defensively.

neither are great. whittaker cant seem to keep his concentration defensively and always gets caught out at the back post but offers a lot going forward. Broadfoots just a fairly average spl player. i was going to post something about how walter did really well to take whittaker out of the firing line a few months back when he was having a mare, then bringing him back in midfield, and building up his confidence as he's clearly a player whose head can go down quite badly, then sticking him back at rb. then i remembered walter had actually signed them both.

I prefer someone who can defend at times. Whittaker's defending is hopeless.

Both are not good enough, but I'd play Broadfoot ahead of Whittaker. The amount of goals we conceded down our right side as a result of Whittaker either getting caught out, diving in, or failing to close down... was a fcuking embarrassment. He was the weak link, and one most opposition targetted.

Weve conceded 15 goals in the spl this season.

How many goals were Whittakers fault?

Most of them. :craphead:

Serious question......

I recall Papac giving away a needless penalty against Celtic

McCulloch Losing his man at a corner against Hamilton

Weir getting turned by Stokes at Ibrox for Hibs equaliser

Weir letting McDonald run off him for the goal at Parkhead

Im interested to find out how many are Whittakers fault.

he was struggling couple of times in the CL, teams seemed to be targetting him. then a couple of the spl managers caught on to that, which is why smith took him out of there for a while i think.

dont like criticising our players too much, especially not a guy who looks like his head goes down big time when he gets stick from the crowd, but i really think his concentration and defending the long ball to the back post have let us down at times.

Started off this season saying Broadfoot, but he's came back into the side looking like a fucking Sunday League player recently.

His pass percentage on Wednesday night was absolutely diabolical, he looks slow, committing stupid fouls, as well as allthe usual flaws in his game.

Whittaker is firmly back to being number one right-back at the club.

Broadfoot should play against the filth, whittaker is fine against most other teams…..

Either one of them would do just as well at the moment, Whittaker actually looked like a defender against Hibs on Sunday.

Smashing that little totty-faced bastard into the advertising boards in the first ten minutes is also a commendable way to make yourself into an instant Ibrox hero :pipe:

Not too sure who I'd rather see face celtc, and McGeady? The myth that Broadfoot keeps McGeady in his back pocket is a load of rubbish - he's done it in one game, but Whittaker struggles against him aswell.

Had to choose Broadfoot. I sit in the Govan Front right in line with the Copland 18 yard box and when we are defending this area Whittaker leaves the opposition left-mid about 20 yards space as he always seems to get sucked into the ball. The opposition always exploit this and he never seems to have learned and they always get a cross in, its so frustrating cause you can see it coming miles off, just one crossfield ball is all it takes and they have a decent crossing position. When Broadfoot plays this doesn't happen as much.

It's like asking which ball would I like to chop off, the left or the right.

Preferably I would have neither in my side, but if I had to choose one, it would be Steven Whittaker on current form. Although he is terrible.