Wiiliam McBeath's Headstone - Completed and now installed

Lutheran

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly i would like to say well done to all who contributed to and organised the headstone for one of our founders.

However it is only right that thanks go to the pioneers committee at FF who started the research work over 3 years ago and together with the author of the book, located William Mcbeaths final resting place. Without these guys, all first class bluenoses, there would have been nowhere to erect the headstone. I was proud to be on the first ever founders trail on September 6th last year and the unveiling of the plaque at Fleshers Haugh a few weeks later and will be equally proud to visit the resting place of Mr Mcbeath when time permits. Some of the comments on this thread about members of FF are quite frankly the result of ignorance of the facts.

WATP

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=259&Itemid=1

Firstly i would like to say well done to all who contributed to and organised the headstone for one of our founders.

However it is only right that thanks go to the pioneers committee at FF who started the research work over 3 years ago and together with the author of the book, located William Mcbeaths final resting place. Without these guys, all first class bluenoses, there would have been nowhere to erect the headstone. I was proud to be on the first ever founders trail on September 6th last year and the unveiling of the plaque at Fleshers Haugh a few weeks later and will be equally proud to visit the resting place of Mr Mcbeath when time permits. Some of the comments on this thread about members of FF are quite frankly the result of ignorance of the facts.

WATP

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=259&Itemid=1

I for one do not seek any division in the rank and file of the Rangers support and in fact have offered my admiration to the many fellow bluenoses who were responsible for the marking of one of our founding fathers burial place with the magnificent newly installed headstone.

Had i been aware of the fundraising i would also have contributed to something and somebody who was and is dear too all of us.

As i previously stated i give thanks to every Rangers fan (and this of course includes the tremendous work by the lads at FF) who has committed thier time, effort, and money to the worthy and continuing story of the founding fathers of our great club.

WATP

WATP

Four boys and a baw, he was a prolific poster on here and i remember him talking about finding the grave ages ago, he is mentioned in the VB article, where did he go? poster no more?

I for one do not seek any division in the rank and file of the Rangers support and in fact have offered my admiration to the many fellow bluenoses who were responsible for the marking of one of our founding fathers burial place with the magnificent newly installed headstone.

Had i been aware of the fundraising i would also have contributed to something and somebody who was and is dear too all of us.

As i previously stated i give thanks to every Rangers fan (and this of course includes the tremendous work by the lads at FF) who has committed thier time, effort, and money to the worthy and continuing story of the founding fathers of our great club.

WATP

[quote name='pcbear' date='18 February 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1266524294'

Four boys and a baw, he was a prolific poster on here and i remember him talking about finding the grave ages ago, he is mentioned in the VB article, where did he go? poster no more?

Look a couple of posts up^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Surely there must have been a thread on FF about the plans VB had and asking members to contribute? :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Any mention of VB, Vanguardbears, is either deleted or edited by admin on that site.

Surely there must have been a thread on FF about the plans VB had and asking members to contribute? :)

sadly mate the word VanguardBears is not accepted on theyre website but all the celtic forums names are

petty and sad from a so called gers website

If there was then i never noticed it as due to work commitments i am sometimes offline for a few days.

Still, i'll keep my eye open for threads on RM and VB asking for punters to donate to future projects organised by the good people of FF.

If there was then i never noticed it as due to work commitments i am sometimes offline for a few days.

Still, i'll keep my eye open for threads on RM and VB asking for punters to donate to future projects organised by the good people of FF.

You never noticed the thread on FF because it was deleted.

Still, I await your next sarcastic comment with fervour ... :rolleyes:

I take it you never read or fully understod my previous post then ?

Perhaps it was deleted and if so perhaps it was during one of the periods when i dont have access to the internet due to aforementioned work commitments.

I take it you never read or fully understod my previous post then ?

Perhaps it was deleted and if so perhaps it was during one of the periods when i dont have access to the internet due to aforementioned work commitments.

No I read it AND understood it, perhaps you have not read the whole of the thread or indeed understood what the previous replies were about.

Any mention of "Vanguardbears" on FF get's deleted or edited by the admin on there. No perhaps, it happens, but you probably already knew that eh??

With respect noodles you are digging a hole for yourself with that comment. Read the VB clarification statement again.

With respect to you mate i have read the statement carefully. I wouldn't claim to know which parts of any statement by anyone on any website on any subject, were fact and which were fiction unless i had written it myself.

Statements, imo are in fact just that...statements.

I think this idiot is in danger of hijacking this thread from what it was intended as a thank you to all on RM and other Rangers forums although not FF, who contributed to the great work started by the guys on Vanguardbears and 4BAAB,recently brought to fruition by the erecting of this beautiful headstone.

I think this idiot is in danger of hijacking this thread from what it was intended as a thank you to all on RM and other Rangers forums although not FF, who contributed to the great work started by the guys on Vanguardbears and 4BAAB,recently brought to fruition by the erecting of this beautiful headstone.

Point taken regarding the original purpose of the thread although i do take exception at being insulted by a supposed fellow bluenose.

I do hope you are not representative of the good people of the websites you sited in your comment ?

I will bow out of the thread although i would be happy to hear your reasons for calling me an idiot through the PM

function.

Point taken regarding the original purpose of the thread although i do take exception at being insulted by a supposed fellow bluenose.

I do hope you are not representative of the good people of the websites you sited in your comment ?

I will bow out of the thread although i would be happy to hear your reasons for calling me an idiot through the PM

function.

Here mate, your at the serious wind-up. Face facts. And change your name to poodle, because thats what you are.

You've been sent over here to noise good bears up and belittle a project your masters had NOTHING to do with.

Admin, I know we encourage debate from all, but this isn't debate, more a deliberate noise-up.

function.

Here mate, your at the serious wind-up. Face facts. And change your name to poodle, because thats what you are.

You've been sent over here to noise good bears up and belittle a project your masters had NOTHING to do with.

Admin, I know we encourage debate from all, but this isn't debate, more a deliberate noise-up.

I'd agree with that, clearly been sent from elsewhere, to do someones bidding for them..