Another perception on recent claims by contacts/boss

Shipyard Blues

Why are people insistent on continuing the very personal vilification of good bears simply for posting an opposing opinion on the status quo?

Far too many people with too many agendas for the ordinary bear to make up their mind on who is being straight here unfortunately.

An utter shambles.

It's like a Artur Boruc-sized ball of candy floss.

Lots of digesting, but very little fulfillment.

It obviously worries me a bit more than most on here then. I think we need to keep an open mind from both angles and not fully commit to either those on FF or RM if thats how "sides" can be boxed. Probably a bit of truth in all.

I am worried people are being maniuplated, I just hope someone is strong enough to stand up and say enough. This is only about Rangers nothing else.

I think it's why we really need clarity and should demand it.

who posted this on follow follow ?

Didnt notice go have a look find out for yourself and get involved in the discussion. As many people as possible need to get involved in this to give the wider audience as best a chance to understand the truth as possible. Many people will act as sheep and fall behind whoever but this is to important not to dismiss off hand without real unbiased consideration.

:lol:

The article was posted by Barry221 on FF. He did not write it, that is for sure.

I'd really love to find out who put him up to posting it.

Why? who cares who wrote it, it stimulates a necessary debate in murky waters. Can you not log on FF or get them on RM for a discussion? I would assume personally an element of truth in both sides.

I do however know if everyone could work together we'd be a stronger force to force answers to the most important of questions.

YAWN. What an absolutely pathetic attack on RangersMedia and its staff at a time when people are wanting unity. Really fucking bored of this.

On the other hand it has raised RM's profile on FF ;)

I've not been on but I've been told that we're not exactly getting many compliments...

That would be too much to expect.

I have a dream, that one day we will all live in peace. We will hold hands and run through the fields laughing and joking. The sun will be shining and we'll all be happy.

I had a dream, When I was young, A dream of sweet illusion, A glimpse of hope and unity, And visions of one sweet union, But a cold wind blows, And a dark rain falls, And in my heart it shows, Look what they've done to my dream.

:sherlock:

The article was posted by Barry221 on FF. He did not write it, that is for sure.

I'd really love to find out who put him up to posting it.

Why? who cares who wrote it, it stimulates a necessary debate in murky waters. Can you not log on FF or get them on RM for a discussion? I would assume personally an element of truth in both sides.

I do however know if everyone could work together we'd be a stronger force to force answers to the most important of questions.

I care who wrote it because it is full of unsubstantiated nonsense and personal attacks on a friend of mine, that is why.

Why are people insistent on continuing the very personal vilification of good bears simply for posting an opposing opinion on the status quo?

Far too many people with too many agendas for the ordinary bear to make up their mind on who is being straight here unfortunately.

An utter shambles.

Spot on with that comment. The OP is obviously aimed towards Contacts. I don't have enough first hand info to form an opinion on it. I doubt many have. But even if it's true he's not the only one looking out for themselves over and above the bigger picture.

Saddening.

Anyone else find it ironic that the owner of FF and editor of FF fanzine is taking the moral high ground on this whole issue?? Has he old scores to settle with the authors or are they a threat to him and his interests?

As far as i can see the two RM articles suggesting that Donald Muir may not be the anti-christ after all, simply provide an alternative viewpoint and a certain amount of balance required to the whole question of protesting.

Without balance there can be no debate, so whether you believe the articles, agree or disagree, it is better they are out there than kept secret. Only on RM and Vanguard Bears is self-motivated censorship unknown.

From my admittedly limited knowledge, it seems that the owner of FF has a living to be made from the Rangers support, and you can only presume that it is therefore very much in his interest to be involved in supporter representation and to try to manipulate and influence there from. Certainly it appears he does this from FF, the RST, RSA(?), and does anyone know if he has a hand in yesterday's protest?

Can you be an independent representative of the Rangers support when the Rangers support is your livelihood?

The fact of this very obvious conflict of interest should always be remembered when forming an opinion on anything coming from FF.

To be lectured on the perils of self-interest from FF is like being lectured on babysitting from Jim Torbett.

An utter shambles.

I think thats the point Frankie and whats incredibly frustrasting. How can one family split so opposing down the middle where their very existence is at stake?

It's not all FF, very much a two way street. When others from FF came on here to try and engage like RWA attacks immediately happened for example.

To much politics being played and many others like on this thread not willing to intelligently add to the debate but rather throw stones again.

I am sure there is a few people on here that do like to discuss these points with people on other boards inc FF, but you will find that there is a few that have been banned from FF because they had a different view point or actually questioned some posters input.

An utter shambles.

I think thats the point Frankie and whats incredibly frustrasting. How can one family split so opposing down the middle where their very existence is at stake?

It's not all FF, very much a two way street. When others from FF came on here to try and engage like RWA attacks immediately happened for example.

To much politics being played and many others like on this thread not willing to intelligently add to the debate but rather throw stones again.

I never suggested it wasn't a two-way street. Of course it is.

To be clear, as someone who supported the protests (though not the banners/flyer), I found the timing of the RM articles somewhat problematic and happy to say so publicly.

However, the content of them were reasonable enough - contacts' especially valid and worthy of taking on board when viewing the whole scenario. Why anyone would take umbrage for that is rather strange.

The whole truth of the matter is that no-one knows the truth and those using the issue to refuel an already tedious inter-site war and publish petty and inaccurate allegations about bears are something to care about when they purport themselves as fan representatives.

It is extremely disappointing and saddening to see the reaction of some to a simple difference of opinion on the condition of our club but not altogether surprising. A few people on all sides need to take a step back and ask if they're really helping our fans and club during this time.

Another copy and paste from FF. I couldn't give a shit what is posted, or said over on that forum.

Well you should do, it's from a Rangers fan disclosing information about a very real and dangerous situation on the club, just as many other bears Contacts or otherwise have on here.

Who cares what media they use and to simply say you couldnt care about anything said by bears on another forum is part of this wider frustration.

I wondered how long it would be before open season was declared on Suck...

He's declared open season on others. Let's not pretend there is some sort of halo there...

I thought RM was above such petty squabbles :angel:

(Not really the best smiley but your 'halo' comment required it)

An utter shambles.

I never suggested it wasn't a two-way street. Of course it is.

To be clear, as someone who supported the protests (though not the banners/flyer), I found the timing of the RM articles somewhat problematic and happy to say so publicly.

However, the content of them were reasonable enough - contacts' especially valid and worthy of taking on board when viewing the whole scenario. Why anyone would take umbrage for that is rather strange.

The whole truth of the matter is that no-one knows the truth and those using the issue to refuel an already tedious inter-site war and publish petty and inaccurate allegations about bears are something to care about when they purport themselves as fan representatives.

It is extremely disappointing and saddening to see the reaction of some to a simple difference of opinion on the condition of our club but not altogether surprising. A few people on all sides need to take a step back and ask if they're really helping our fans and club during this time.

Frankie I think people like yourself who can rise above politics need to take on the responsibility to bridge whatever gap that exists, for the sake of us all and the club we love.

Anyone else find it ironic that the owner of FF and editor of FF fanzine is taking the moral high ground on this whole issue?? Has he old scores to settle with the authors or are they a threat to him and his interests?

As far as i can see the two RM articles suggesting that Donald Muir may not be the anti-christ after all, simply provide an alternative viewpoint and a certain amount of balance required to the whole question of protesting.

Without balance there can be no debate, so whether you believe the articles, agree or disagree, it is better they are out there than kept secret. Only on RM and Vanguard Bears is self-motivated censorship unknown.

From my admittedly limited knowledge, it seems that the owner of FF has a living to be made from the Rangers support, and you can only presume that it is therefore very much in his interest to be involved in supporter representation and to try to manipulate and influence there from. Certainly it appears he does this from FF, the RST, RSA(?), and does anyone know if he has a hand in yesterday's protest?

Can you be an independent representative of the Rangers support when the Rangers support is your livelihood?

The fact of this very obvious conflict of interest should always be remembered when forming an opinion on anything coming from FF.

To be lectured on the perils of self-interest from FF is like being lectured on babysitting from Jim Torbett.

Fantastic post. I keep getting chopped for "personal stuff" but the nature of this debate is the individual personalities.

RM, Boss, Malcolm McNiven et al should not be lectured about self interest by someone who exploits the Rangers support and the name of Rangers at every turn for his own, selfish, money making ends. We even have the sordid memory of him assaulting a RST member. That was all swept under the carpet yet he threw his "friend" to the wolves by making him resign from the RST board after he stated that he had no problems with our now defunct player selection system.