Kamil Wiktorski

Heard quite a bit about him through my uncle and a few other's, but never seen him play. Seem's to be making a name for himself, and is highly rated in the Polish set up - signed from Bydgoszcz back in the summer of 2009. I'm sure he played in the under 17 Championships that were shown on Eurosport, but I never saw any of the Polish games.

Think he's a central/defensive midfielder, who can also play in centre of defence, a position that he's been playing in the last few weeks. Big, tall, physical player, who's pretty good on the ball.

Along with Wiktorski, Kane Hemmings is another one who's been getting good review's this season.

Youth is the future, and it's good to hear, and see a good few of them doing well, and making a name.

When he signed I think he said he hoped to get a run out in the first team at some point this season. We wont be spending much money until we get a new buyer so its essential that we produce one or two youngsters each season to compete in the first team squad. That might not be the worst thing in the world, cos , for example, Danny Wilson looks a far better defender than any of the tripe Celtic has signed this season.

The difference between making it and not as a pro footballer is pretty small. When youngsters get signed they do so on talent, but plenty dont progress, have the mental strength or just get bored with football (esp youngsters released by big clubs).

Heard quite a bit about him through my uncle and a few other's, but never seen him play. Seem's to be making a name for himself, and is highly rated in the Polish set up - signed from Bydgoszcz back in the summer of 2009. I'm sure he played in the under 17 Championships that were shown on Eurosport, but I never saw any of the Polish games.

Think he's a central/defensive midfielder, who can also play in centre of defence, a position that he's been playing in the last few weeks. Big, tall, physical player, who's pretty good on the ball.

Along with Wiktorski, Kane Hemmings is another one who's been getting good review's this season.

Youth is the future, and it's good to hear, and see a good few of them doing well, and making a name.

I would love to see them progress to the first team in the next few years. Totally agree that youth is the future of the club

Can someone who watches the reserves/U19s U17s please list the younger players who have a real chance of making it at Ibrox.

He looks good but it's maybe a bit early to say given he's still only 16.

Not sure if elfideldo will agree but from the 'younger' age category I'd say the picks of the bunch are Kane Hemmings, Kal Naismith, Darren Cole & Gordon Dick. Then obviously there are players we have seen or heard of recently like Jamie Ness, Gregg Wylde, Ross Perry & Steven Stirling. All these players have a good chance.

I don't know much about the first year 17's to comment.

It's a fine line between making it and not as someone said above. It's about taking your chance when you get it and they only need to look at Danny Wilson for proof.

How is this an article worthy of the front page. :anguish:

All I know of the youth is from Elfideldo's blog and by reading that Kane Hemmings has been a stand out player this season. Apparently scored two good goals in a 2-2 draw with Motherwell earlier in the month.

How is this an article worthy of the front page. :anguish:

All I know of the youth is from Elfideldo's blog and by reading that Kane Hemmings has been a stand out player this season. Apparently scored two good goals in a 2-2 draw with Motherwell earlier in the month.

I must admit I found the article to be rather pointless. Far too short and said nothing of the player in question.