Rangers Announce Interim Results

David1872

Listening again to Clyde1 broadcast earlier tonight and here is a synopsis of the comment from AJ regarding the situation ...

** Debt situation is a Red Herring due to reporting times for figures

** Obligation is to pay down debt by £1m year which is easily achieved

** £9m paid to outstanding balance of player fees

** Debt is likely to be short of £30m but that doesn't take account of CL & other monies yet to be received which could not be included in the figures

** Rangers cost structure based on European football

** Administration never a reality

** Donald Muir represents SDM on the board NOT the bank. He is there to help financially restructure Rangers. He is a noin executive member of the board therefore has limited authority & responsibilty.

** Rangers have an acceptable financial plan organised with Lloyds. Not the preferred situation but needed to keep moving forward.

** Rangers to look again at the business plan & the business protocol within the plan to possibly aid summer dealings

** Lloyds provide working capital to underwright the club's operations

** Ongoing discussions regarding sale of club

** Does not know relationship between MIH & Bank in regards to disposing of Rangers shares

** Depending on perfmormance this year will have an effect on any potential summer dealings.

** Confident of offering contrwct to Kris Boyd but dependant on Rangers valuation of same

** No bid for club (including the rumoured £18m)

** Tentative enquiries for the purchase of club

This is what i think were the highlights.

NOTE - I can't do the same with RR as i can't get the listen again feature to work

Pretty much my take too.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be going off on a tangent from the claims you made about Lloyds and muir last night, you accept these were wrong i take it. Also no mention of what points contacts has been proved wrong about

I don't remember ever claiming our current relationship with Lloyds was healthy, in the respect we will grow as a club when it still exists. We need external funding. I have been very specific in the points i have agreed with and the ones i told you that you were wrong about. I feel what the chairman said today backed that up.

It's not the point i "back" muir but i have questioned the misrepresentation of him. You can repeat your "Walter and ally said this and that in private" stuff as often as you like until i hear it in public i am not that interested. Muirs role has been explained to you by the chairman, if you have decided not to accecept that then why protest for answers in the first place ?

AJ's comments in relation to the raging recent debates about what Smith meant/Muir/protests etc was imho often ambigious and a tad contradictory. I think depending on what side of the fence you were on you could pull bits out to reinforce your position.

The debate will rage but certain points like the oft dismissed on FF CL money aspect seems to be beyond question now.

the amount of people that these POSITVIE results seem to have hurt is fucking pathetic. There is some amount of negative shite still being spouted, because it didnt suit peoples agendas

Exactly. These are good results. Lets enjoy this moment. Its great news at last

It is only great for MIH, as we are servicing £1million p/year, the rest goes straight to MIH's Debt.

We could make £30m and still be in debt as it would go to MIH.

It's Murray who is fucking us over! Unless a buyer is found, it will be bleak long term.

These interim results are excellent!!! but we are worrying ourselves to death over the debt.

I have no more knowledge of the financial state of affairs of our club than the next Bear, but i will stick my neck out here and hope i don't get it chopped off. Or get a life ban from this forum (as happened on FF) by defending SDM.

I don't believe any of the profits will go out, or is going out the club to service MIH's own debts. It has never been said that they are? nor been proved to date that they have/are being used to prop up Rangers parent company?

Rangers are paying Lloyd's 1mil per Annam servicing this debt, through Rangers own on the field and in house business success.Any profits will i believe go back into Rangers maintaining and running the club, end of.

It would be business suicide (and personal suicide) for SDM to syphon off profits from Rangers to service debts accrued by MIH.

But i may stand corrected.

walter has eluded to it and alastair johnston on rr never filled us with optimism ffs

all our profits are being used to service the MIH debt and will do until we find a buyer

and i wonder how long that will take ffs...2 points i have on that subject....

1.AJ/SDM wont be in a hurry to find a buyer or sell because the longer they have got hold of us the more they can syphon and use to reduce the MIH debt.

2.lloyds wont be in a hurry also .If they see the MIH debt being reduced as a result of us

then they will want us to be part of MIH for as long as ffs

knowing that we are servicing the debt but still will be a sellable asset to reduce the debt further when they feel they have (including johnston and murray)milked us for all they can ...

NOW ARE WE STARTING TO REALISE WHAT WALTER SMITH HAS BEEN

HINTING AT ???

If that is the case, then i am going to watch for an sudden death in the obituary section of the Scotsman newspaper.

aye knock yourself out mate,,,check out whos buying our shares whilst your at it eh..

Yeh me, cos if ever there was a time to buy Rangers shares this is it!!! The club is posting excellent interim results, OK we have some debt, but it is well within Rangers (not MIH) means to service it.

We are winning on the Pitch and will get CL monies in next year,

We have a fantastic manager and playing staff, excellent stadium, facilities and supporters to fill it week in and week out.

Trust me a buyer will be found and the shares will rocket ...short term, then settle, but time enough for some smart cookies to make a wee profit.

But our club is a great tempt for Rangers men with deep pockets and a love for our club....simples

Just wish my pockets where deeper mate.

PS, for any current chairman in office it would be very very negligent if he allowed any previous chairman (owner or not ) to syphon off profits to other arms of his companies???