Rangers Announce Interim Results

David1872

10310.gif

Was just wondering who was hysterical. They are good results and may not fit in with other posters constant state of depression but there you go... smile.gif

GCL, by looking at the results and the business plan we have with the bank, would you say a fire sale would be the last thing that would happen in the summer? considering we look like leauge winners so the UCL will be guarenteed again?

No way any of us can answer that with any degree of certainty. With the information that is out there, and in my opinion, i would be stunned if we have a fire sale but who is to say their are things going on that none of us know about.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he doesn't mind me repeating what he said but one of our resident financial experts bluedell is saying on gersnet these are better results than he would have expected. Profit higher and costs lower..... (tu)

Delighted if that's what he is stating.

I hope he doesn't mind me repeating what he said but one of our resident financial experts bluedell is saying on gersnet these are better results than he would have expected. Profit higher and costs lower..... (tu)

Thats the be all end all.

Maybe just maybe in Muir, Johnston and Bain we have 3 men doing the best for the club at this minute in time. Lets hope things carry on this way

From what I read Johnston isn't exactly thrilled that Rangers are in the banks hands.

Given that we only need to pay back £1 million per year of the debt (according to the sources I consider most reliable), then if we see out the next 6 months without making any major loss, would it be unreasonable to think this may give us around 6-7 million to play with?

But our long term security will still be uncertain as the automatic qualification spot will be gone season att he end of season 10/11 and the winners of the SPL will need to negotiate the qualifiers before getting into the group stages.

This is a potential bananna skin we can do without and this could just knock us back to square 1 again.

The Europa league may become our focus in the future as it is the easiest way to gain extra revenue although it is a lot less than just making the Group Stages of the Champions League.

Until such time as this is achieved, we are compelled to maintain our working relationship with Lloyds TSB Bank plc.

The Board understands that reliance on such a facility going forward is not desirable if we are to retain control over the Club's destiny and avoid negatively impacting the potential for future success.

That is certainly a very apt statement , and sorry GCL what I meant by hysteria was the 2 everything's fine attitude " when as you say yourself there may be things going on none of us know about , sorry but i cannot help but be cynical until SDmand all his cronies are well gone . I'M just a glass half empty type of guy at the moment , but it's good to see such good figure's especially aftrer they posted losses. sorry increased debt

qualifacation for the chmapions leauge isnt hard, if when trying to qualify you are your countries champions, You face only winners of there leauges like, hungry, latvia, denmark, sweden, poland etc. The biggest side we could face would be FC copenhagen or a dinamo zagreb. So its not totaly out of our reach

So, things not as bleak looking as being made out?

Not at all but in better shape then we were......plus better figures then Celtic!!

Just imagine Tims miss out on CL 2 years in a row, they would be in real trouble taking in to account the money they spend on wages and transfers :lol:

Maybe just maybe in Muir, Johnston and Bain we have 3 men doing the best for the club at this minute in time. Lets hope things carry on this way

From what I read Johnston isn't exactly thrilled that Rangers are in the banks hands.

Why would anyone be.... <cr>

Of course we wouldn't either way, but the post above seems to indicate that its a rosy situation when it clearly isn't.

Until such time as this is achieved, we are compelled to maintain our working relationship with Lloyds TSB Bank plc.

The Board understands that reliance on such a facility going forward is not desirable if we are to retain control over the Club's destiny and avoid negatively impacting the potential for future success.

That is certainly a very apt statement , and sorry GCL what I meant by hysteria was the 2 everything's fine attitude " when as you say yourself there may be things going on none of us know about , sorry but i cannot help but be cynical until SDmand all his cronies are well gone . I'M just a glass half empty type of guy at the moment , but it's good to see such good figure's especially aftrer they posted losses. sorry increased debt

There also may not be anything else going on. You are a glass 10000th full type of guy and that is fine, but don't accuse others of hysteria for not believing the sky is falling in.