Rangers Announce Interim Results

David1872

Maybe just maybe in Muir, Johnston and Bain we have 3 men doing the best for the club at this minute in time. Lets hope things carry on this way

From what I read Johnston isn't exactly thrilled that Rangers are in the banks hands.

Why would anyone be.... <cr>

Of course we wouldn't either way, but the post above seems to indicate that its a rosy situation when it clearly isn't.

Who could possibly forget, we have guys like you to remind us of that every day.... :)(tu)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe just maybe in Muir, Johnston and Bain we have 3 men doing the best for the club at this minute in time. Lets hope things carry on this way

From what I read Johnston isn't exactly thrilled that Rangers are in the banks hands.

Why would anyone be.... wacko.gif

Of course we wouldn't either way, but the post above seems to indicate that its a rosy situation when it clearly isn't.

i wasnt trying to paint it as rosy. Im just saying these 3 working together along with the champions leauge money, could be a good start ffs. The results have came as a pleasent surprise, as the good ol mhedia and other so called Rangers fans have painted everything to do with Rangers as doomed, when clearly these results are healthier than anyone expected

This is excellent news. However the next 6 months figures will be the real indication of how we are progressing. With very little income compared to the first 6 months we could be looking at a very modest profit. Still a profit but I think everyone needs to be wary of getting carried away with these results. Saying that, with the wage bill reduced and the purse strings tightened in all areas of spending, who knows. We could have a nice set of results come August/ September time.

You are correct, we simply must play in the CL's next season and if they don't......it could get even more interesting.... :sherlock:

You can now see why the Bheasts were so desperate to throw money at Monkey Heid in a last panicked attempt to claw back the points and goal difference. GIRFUT.

Haha, I've just had a look over on Kerrydale Street, apparently we just made these figures up. :lol:

I saw that.... :lol:

That's when you know the results are good......

It was the first thing I got when I mentioned it on facebook too! They don't want to dare believe it!

Kerrydale street is a good laugh, our figures aren't audited and we lied to the city..... :lol:

I can't wait to bury these bastards next weekend.....

This is excellent news. However the next 6 months figures will be the real indication of how we are progressing. With very little income compared to the first 6 months we could be looking at a very modest profit. Still a profit but I think everyone needs to be wary of getting carried away with these results. Saying that, with the wage bill reduced and the purse strings tightened in all areas of spending, who knows. We could have a nice set of results come August/ September time.

I would agree with that. the next 6 month figures will be very interesting. If we can turn a small profit in that time it bodes well for the future.

Haha, I've just had a look over on Kerrydale Street, apparently we just made these figures up. :lol:

It was the first thing I got when I mentioned it on facebook too! They don't want to dare believe it!

Kerrydale street is a good laugh, our figures aren't audited and we lied to the city..... :lol:

:lol:

We've hardly given a couple of 16 year olds the figures and told them to do if for their Higher Accounts. All 'unaudited' means is that the we're not going to pay the auditors to come and tell us the figures wee have are correct. Thats good financial management (as reflected in the results).

Lloyds may also have had a wee peek.... ;)

Haha, I've just had a look over on Kerrydale Street, apparently we just made these figures up. laugh.gif

I saw that.... laugh.gif

Kerrydale street is a good laugh, our figures aren't audited and we lied to the city..... laugh.gif

laugh.gif

We've hardly given a couple of 16 year olds the figures and told them to do if for their Higher Accounts. All 'unaudited' means is that the we're not going to pay the auditors to come and tell us the figures wee have are correct. Thats good financial management (as reflected in the results).

Laughable isnt it. Why pay an accountant an absolute fortune to do something you can do yourself. Its only the year end that have to be audited. Total numpties grasping at straws.

Encouraging as these figures are, I wouldn't go jumping for joy just yet. As the statement makes clear there are obstacles ahead, the fact that we are "compelled" to continue to work with Lloyds shows that there is a long way to go.

As many have said the CL is vital to our future & we must (at least) retain our top players. I think anyone anticipating multi-million pound spending in the summer is kidding themselves.

Excellent results.

My only surprise is that anyone here is surprised! You've been told often enough how things were shaping up financially. :sherlock:

Ok then who do we thank for these excellent figures, the bank who according to Walter "are running the club" or Donald Muir "the saviour within"???

Lets have a protest about these results - lets call this protest 'Support for the Board' . I would like to fly some banners and get some leaflets done in support of the board - who will contribute !! 10310.gif

It seems we aint dead yet!

Encouraging as these figures are, I wouldn't go jumping for joy just yet. As the statement makes clear there are obstacles ahead, the fact that we are "compelled" to continue to work with Lloyds shows that there is a long way to go.

As many have said the CL is vital to our future & we must (at least) retain our top players. I think anyone anticipating multi-million pound spending in the summer is kidding themselves.

I don't think anyone on this forum is thinking that, to be fair. We all know that spending - if anything - will be kept for wages for bosmans or loans.

i have not seen anyone implying we will spend millions in the summer, what it does do is set peoples minds at rest in these uncertain times, i think we wouldnt need to strengthen too much anyway. as i said b4, baby steps but productive steps

Given that we only need to pay back £1 million per year of the debt (according to the sources I consider most reliable), then if we see out the next 6 months without making any major loss, would it be unreasonable to think this may give us around 6-7 million to play with?

No i don't think so,all the money will be going on the debt.Unless someone knows otherwise.

There are now 100 members and 50 guests viewing that thread.

Someone's worrying....