Rangers Announce Interim Results

David1872

Lets have a protest about these results - lets call this protest 'Support for the Board' . I would like to fly some banners and get some leaflets done in support of the board - who will contribute !! 10310.gif

It seems we aint dead yet!

No need, seems a wee bit of truth and clarity goes a long way to subduing the Bears!!!!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that we only need to pay back £1 million per year of the debt (according to the sources I consider most reliable), then if we see out the next 6 months without making any major loss, would it be unreasonable to think this may give us around 6-7 million to play with?

Encouraging as these figures are, I wouldn't go jumping for joy just yet. As the statement makes clear there are obstacles ahead, the fact that we are "compelled" to continue to work with Lloyds shows that there is a long way to go.

As many have said the CL is vital to our future & we must (at least) retain our top players. I think anyone anticipating multi-million pound spending in the summer is kidding themselves.

I don't think anyone on this forum is thinking that, to be fair. We all know that spending - if anything - will be kept for wages for bosmans or loans.

Encouraging as these figures are, I wouldn't go jumping for joy just yet. As the statement makes clear there are obstacles ahead, the fact that we are "compelled" to continue to work with Lloyds shows that there is a long way to go.

As many have said the CL is vital to our future & we must (at least) retain our top players. I think anyone anticipating multi-million pound spending in the summer is kidding themselves.

i have not seen anyone implying we will spend millions in the summer, what it does do is set peoples minds at rest in these uncertain times, i think we wouldnt need to strengthen too much anyway. as i said b4, baby steps but productive steps

Just tempering things unless more get carried away like Garry88! :)

i have not seen anyone implying we will spend millions in the summer, what it does do is set peoples minds at rest in these uncertain times, i think we wouldnt need to strengthen too much anyway. as i said b4, baby steps but productive steps

Garry88, on 17 February 2010 - 01:51 PM, said:

Given that we only need to pay back £1 million per year of the debt (according to the sources I consider most reliable), then if we see out the next 6 months without making any major loss, would it be unreasonable to think this may give us around 6-7 million to play with?

:sherlock:

Ah, some expected good news at last. A £13 million profit is a very good achievement and just shows what workin on a budget and having a plan in place can achieve. A big difference to the sporadic spending of the Murray Era.

With the Champions League money to come next season it could mean we have some funds to play with in the summer as well as being able to fend off bids for our star players. Could this possibly persuade Walter to sign a new contract?

This also will have an impact on any potential buyer. Because of the club making a big profit the share prices will inevitably rise. I'm not sure if this means that Murray/Lloyds will now demand a higher bid for the controlling stake in the club but i feel that anyone who was looking to buy the club relatively cheap has missed the boat.

Good figures as anything in the black has to help our overall position so really chuffed.

Reading AJ comments about our reliance on the bank and their willingness to "allow" us to remain competitive is concerning.

With the Mendes transfer and the further reduction in wages of him and Rothen plus the C/L "prize money" plus hopefully the league monies etc we could have even more to reduce the debt with.

On another note though how come our profit jumped up nearly £20m because of the C/L part payment yet the mhanks fell by less ie we make £20m they lose £10m ?

Maybe timmy got it wrong ans Scottish Power are heading to the tattiedome with the cutters as we type

Just checked over on Bert kassies brilliant UEFA site , the C/L tv money is not paid until the competition is finished .

I believe we've included all UEFA money in our figures, maybe someone can correct me?

garry88, do you want the debt gone or more pressures on the finances, i hope we could get through this debacle debt free, without spending, we should use loans and bosmans for the short term, get the club sorted once and for all and keep murray away

Good figures as anything in the black has to help our overall position so really chuffed.

Reading AJ comments about our reliance on the bank and their willingness to "allow" us to remain competitive is concerning.

With the Mendes transfer and the further reduction in wages of him and Rothen plus the C/L "prize money" plus hopefully the league monies etc we could have even more to reduce the debt with.

On another note though how come our profit jumped up nearly £20m because of the C/L part payment yet the mhanks fell by less ie we make £20m they lose £10m ?

Maybe timmy got it wrong ans Scottish Power are heading to the tattiedome with the cutters as we type

Because we got into the cl and they didn't,i guess!

Ah, some expected good news at last. A £31 million profit is a very good achievement and just shows what workin on a budget and having a plan in place can achieve. A big difference to the sporadic spending of the Murray Era.

With the Champions League money to come next season it could mean we have some funds to play with in the summer as well as being able to fend off bids for our star players. Could this possibly persuade Walter to sign a new contract?

This also will have an impact on any potential buyer. Because of the club making a big profit the share prices will inevitably rise. I'm not sure if this means that Murray/Lloyds will now demand a higher bid for the controlling stake in the club but i feel that anyone who was looking to buy the club relatively cheap has missed the boat.

Have we cleared the debt already?! ;)

I wouldn't count our chickens before they have hatched.

Next 6 months results will be the ones that matter.

No doubt this is a step in a right direction and it just kinda helps with finding a buyer too, that we can be sustainable and turn a profit. Which makes us an attractive prospect.

The £20m turnaround includes CL money and the savings from player sales and wages. Remember last year we had no European income at all except the Kaunas debacle.

As for Celtic's losses, who cares, fuck them. :uk:

Ah, some expected good news at last. A £31 million profit is a very good achievement and just shows what workin on a budget and having a plan in place can achieve. A big difference to the sporadic spending of the Murray Era.

Have we cleared the debt already?! ;)

I got my numbers back to front. Schoolboy error. :lol:

I think iys funny how people actually believe there is even the slightest of hopes we will be signing anyone?

We cant even come to terms with our main man ( Boyd ) what makes you think we could sign anyone?

Also and I am sorry to be all doom and gloom right now but if these results are so positive! how is it so impossible to find a buyer?

Ill tell you, murray doesnt want to sell, he wants to ride the recesion out and retain all his profitable businesses in the long run including us?

Please see the smoke lads! like I say if these results are so good why cant we attract a bidder?

I hope thats true. If so it seems that the situation isnt that awfully bad at all. With SPL title and place in the CL next season it would be interesting to see if we are going to sign anyone. Lets hope so, but first, lest win the damn title!

WATP

I think iys funny how people actually believe there is even the slightest of hopes we will be signing anyone?

We cant even come to terms with our main man ( Boyd ) what makes you think we could sign anyone?

Also and I am sorry to be all doom and gloom right now but if these results are so positive! how is it so impossible to find a buyer?

Ill tell you, murray doesnt want to sell, he wants to ride the recesion out and retain all his profitable businesses in the long run including us?

Please see the smoke lads! like I say if these results are so good why cant we attract a bidder?

Okay the figures are posted on this thread, you explain what is bad about them....

im sure there will be buyers out there and th emore things like these positives coming out of the club can only benefit this situation, who knows what is around the corner. we seem to be looking like a better business proposition as the months pass, and it shows we can have success without any extravagant spending, quite the opposite really

Not as bad as what the mhedia are saying. Scaremongering at it's best!

As AC/DC once said, 'Rock 'N' Roll ain't never gonna die,' Well Glasgow Rangers ain't never gonna die either!

Was that not Neil young.... :craphead:

Who's he?

Rock 'n' roll ain't noise pollution

Rock 'n' roll ain't gonna die

Rock 'n' roll ain't noise pollution

Rock 'n' roll it will survive

:pipe:

Is there going to be a statement on the debt at all soon or? Because i take it it will all go to the debt and then we will be in roughly £17 million debt?

Doubt it. We've got an agreed deal of £1million per year to pay off the debt to the bank. I can't see us giving all £13million to bank to service the debt.

How much is it costing us to service the current debt?