Rangers Announce Interim Results

David1872

Why has Johnson came out and said there are more fraught times ahead?

Surely with £13m profit,most of that can be wiped from the debt which leaves us £18m debt..............wasn't that the amount allegedly offered for us last month

Read the summary by Bluedell mate. Especially this bit...

Take out the Champions League income and we would be looking at a loss of over £4 million for the half year, and perhaps a loss of £8 million for the full year, which shows that we have still a long way to go before we are in the position of breaking even without European football.

Until we can at least break even without CL football the bank will remain twitchy. It looks from the outside looking in that there will be more operating cuts in the Summer to ensure this happens.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely with £13m profit,most of that can be wiped from the debt which leaves us £18m debt..............wasn't that the amount allegedly offered for us last month

It doesn't work like that.

This is our half yearly profit, we've took into account the "biggies" in this. i.e, season ticket sales and CL money. The next six months means we don't have this, so therefore we will probably make a loss in the next six months. So that figure will fall dramatically come June.

The good news is, it looks like we will make a decent profit.

I hope I'm right in what I'm saying here?

The european bit money is true, the season ticket bit isn't. We spread that out over the season so will still have around half to add.

We have wages and other costs to pay before the next big influx of cash from season ticket sales and the pittance from spl tv money.The one off ticket sales from games from non season ticket fans is well short of the weekly wages,expenses and game costs so the profit will be used to keep the club running until the end of the season.

It doesn't work like that.

This is our half yearly profit, we've took into account the "biggies" in this. i.e, season ticket sales and CL money. The next six months means we don't have this, so therefore we will probably make a loss in the next six months. So that figure will fall dramatically come June.

The good news is, it looks like we will make a decent profit.

I hope I'm right in what I'm saying here?

That's still not a guarantee, we still could end up with a loss.

It really all depends on operating costs, bonuses and new contracts in the next 6 months.

All in all this 1st report is slightly deceiving. But it is a right step in the right direction (tu)

Maybe just maybe in Muir, Johnston and Bain we have 3 men doing the best for the club at this minute in time. Lets hope things carry on this way

lot of shite mate, we are skint...going into administration and selling all our players in the summer.

Don't you listen to the tims?

:bringbackpierre:

Alastair johnston said these results will not mean buying players as these results have helped to pay debts owed for the current squad and other expenses.

He said winning the league could mean signing more players (it will mke it far more likely). Our only obligation is to pay off 1 million a year. we need to prove to bank we can pay contracts in long term. Hopeful walter will stay, he will decide in the summer.

brief summary......

P.s. he ain sure when tiger woods is coming back..... :anguish:

I think iys funny how people actually believe there is even the slightest of hopes we will be signing anyone?

We cant even come to terms with our main man ( Boyd ) what makes you think we could sign anyone?

Also and I am sorry to be all doom and gloom right now but if these results are so positive! how is it so impossible to find a buyer?

Ill tell you, murray doesnt want to sell, he wants to ride the recesion out and retain all his profitable businesses in the long run including us?

Please see the smoke lads! like I say if these results are so good why cant we attract a bidder?

:shifty::P

AJ has just said "we will still only pay £1million to our debt every year".Would it not be better for us to pay the debt off a soon as we can? wacko.gif

He said because of interest rates it would be better to not pay it off right now...Not sure what that means but thats what he said laugh.gif

Because money is so cheap to borrow just now. The interest payments are lower than ever. Its better to keep the cash we have and spend it on other areas of the club. Should interest rates rise and therfore the payments rise that would be the time to bring the debt down.

The main thing i picked up on is... Alastair Johnston wouldn't commit if the debt was coming down, he just said we have a structure with the bank to pay £1million a year and we can operate within that.

Now that could mean the debt is still the same, or even higher than reported due to the interest surrounding this. :unsure:

The main thing i picked up on is... Alastair Johnston wouldn't commit if the debt was coming down, he just said we have a structure with the bank to pay £1million a year and we can operate within that.

Now that could mean the debt is still the same, or even higher than reported due to the interest surrounding this. unsure.gif

Was he asked directly about the debt?

Now that could mean the debt is still the same, or even higher than reported due to the interest surrounding this. :unsure:

How could that possibly happen, our results are there for everyone to see..

AJ has just said "we will still only pay £1million to our debt every year".Would it not be better for us to pay the debt off a soon as we can? <cr>

He said because of interest rates it would be better to not pay it off right now...Not sure what that means but thats what he said :lol:

I don't care about the interest rates,just get the bank paid and get them tae fuck out of our club along with SDM. (tu):mad:

Now that could mean the debt is still the same, or even higher than reported due to the interest surrounding this. unsure.gif

Was he asked directly about the debt?

He was asked about it.

I think iys funny how people actually believe there is even the slightest of hopes we will be signing anyone?

We cant even come to terms with our main man ( Boyd ) what makes you think we could sign anyone?

Also and I am sorry to be all doom and gloom right now but if these results are so positive! how is it so impossible to find a buyer?

Ill tell you, murray doesnt want to sell, he wants to ride the recesion out and retain all his profitable businesses in the long run including us?

Please see the smoke lads! like I say if these results are so good why cant we attract a bidder?

Okay the figures are posted on this thread, you explain what is bad about them....

The figures are great mate, superb in fact! however it for me anyway ( always the pestamist ) a number of questions!

1) we should now be down to £18 million in debt, how is it taking so long and why so dificult to find a buyer?

2) Why does ally and walter always paint a bleak picture about lloyds and the board?

3) Where is the profit actually going ( who's pocket )

4) The board and the bank would have been well aware of this profit margin on the 31/01/10 so shy even after the departures of pedro and rothen did they refuse to sanction a loan deal?

5) Other than tell us that we need money, what is the chairman actually doing at our club?

Can you answer them?

1) no we shouldn't . It's not that simple.

2) We haven't bought a player in 18 months would you be positive ?

3) it's not going ion anyones "pocket", it's going to Rangers

4) We don't know

5) running the club and trying to sell the club.

No offense mate but you havent answered the questions because you couldnt?

The results are great but there is no way that money is going to rangers otherwise we would have made a siging or 2 in january?

None taken, have you not understood the answers because you're not capable of ?

I asked the questions that u made yourself out to know the answers to? clearly you are less educated than Rangers finances than me?

Read the summary by Bluedell mate. Especially this bit...

Take out the Champions League income and we would be looking at a loss of over £4 million for the half year, and perhaps a loss of £8 million for the full year, which shows that we have still a long way to go before we are in the position of breaking even without European football.

Until we can at least break even without CL football the bank will remain twitchy. It looks from the outside looking in that there will be more operating cuts in the Summer to ensure this happens.

i think't it will be a few million less than that, without cl games, the club will have less operating expenses aswell and we have more players off the books.

See if we don't need to and Johnston has basically said that we won't put the majority of the money towards the debt,where will it go? Or will,like others have said,keep it and see if we make a loss for the second part of the season?

Also does anyone know how can celtic afford to break even without Cl money and we can't? (I take it they can)

See if we don't need to and Johnston has basically said that we won't put the majority of the money towards the debt,where will it go? Or will,like others have said,keep it and see if we make a loss for the second part of the season?

Also does anyone know how can celtic afford to break even without Cl money and we can't? (I take it they can)

I dont think they can mate hence they anounced a deficit yesterday?

put simply, without CL income scottish football would be finished and the grim view is that come next season that bounty becomes very very hard even for the champions, to get their hand on?

The main thing i picked up on is... wouldn't commit if the debt was coming down, he just said we have a structure with the bank to pay £1million a year and we can operate within that.

How could that possibly happen, our results are there for everyone to see..

The operating cost are down, but the overall debt isn't. As Alastair Johnston was saying we pay £1million a year to service the debt and we can operate within this structure.

Now if that's the case the overall debt will be growing with interest, and we are just paying the minimum amount to chip away at it.