Rangers Announce Interim Results

David1872

The main thing i picked up on is... Alastair Johnston wouldn't commit if the debt was coming down, he just said we have a structure with the bank to pay £1million a year and we can operate within that.

Now that could mean the debt is still the same, or even higher than reported due to the interest surrounding this. :unsure:

How could that possibly happen, our results are there for everyone to see..

I don't think the debt is being reduced by any amount? it is merely being serviced? from a Murray/Muir only point of view, why throw good money after bad? if these interim results are carried through to year end. Muir will already have earned himself a nice wee bonus here on those results. Why draw up a winning horse by paying large amounts towards the debt thus changing profit into a loss? and beside (if rumours are true of a future takeover) why not let any prospective buyers take care of the debt????

Trying to deal in facts, not stuff just made up on other MB's...... (tu)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing i picked up on is... Alastair Johnston wouldn't commit if the debt was coming down, he just said we have a structure with the bank to pay £1million a year and we can operate within that.

Now that could mean the debt is still the same, or even higher than reported due to the interest surrounding this. :unsure:

I don't think the debt is being reduced by any amount? it is merely being serviced? from a Murray/Muir only point of view, why through good money after bad? if these interim results are carried through to year end. Muir will already have earned himself a nice wee bonus here on those results. Why draw up a winning horse by paying large amounts towards the debt thus changing profit into a loss? and beside (if rumours are true of a future takeover) why not let any prospective buyers take care of the debt????

what bonus? reveal all plz

Sorry, alleged bonus?

I think iys funny how people actually believe there is even the slightest of hopes we will be signing anyone?

We cant even come to terms with our main man ( Boyd ) what makes you think we could sign anyone?

Also and I am sorry to be all doom and gloom right now but if these results are so positive! how is it so impossible to find a buyer?

Ill tell you, murray doesnt want to sell, he wants to ride the recesion out and retain all his profitable businesses in the long run including us?

Please see the smoke lads! like I say if these results are so good why cant we attract a bidder?

Okay the figures are posted on this thread, you explain what is bad about them....

The figures are great mate, superb in fact! however it for me anyway ( always the pestamist ) a number of questions!

1) we should now be down to £18 million in debt, how is it taking so long and why so dificult to find a buyer?

2) Why does ally and walter always paint a bleak picture about lloyds and the board?

3) Where is the profit actually going ( who's pocket )

4) The board and the bank would have been well aware of this profit margin on the 31/01/10 so shy even after the departures of pedro and rothen did they refuse to sanction a loan deal?

5) Other than tell us that we need money, what is the chairman actually doing at our club?

Can you answer them?

william ??? sure it's not brendan ??? anyone else smell anything ?

I think iys funny how people actually believe there is even the slightest of hopes we will be signing anyone?

We cant even come to terms with our main man ( Boyd ) what makes you think we could sign anyone?

Also and I am sorry to be all doom and gloom right now but if these results are so positive! how is it so impossible to find a buyer?

Ill tell you, murray doesnt want to sell, he wants to ride the recesion out and retain all his profitable businesses in the long run including us?

Please see the smoke lads! like I say if these results are so good why cant we attract a bidder?

Okay the figures are posted on this thread, you explain what is bad about them....

The figures are great mate, superb in fact! however it for me anyway ( always the pestamist ) a number of questions!

1) we should now be down to £18 million in debt, how is it taking so long and why so dificult to find a buyer?

2) Why does ally and walter always paint a bleak picture about lloyds and the board?

4) The board and the bank would have been well aware of this profit margin on the 31/01/10 so shy even after the departures of pedro and rothen did they refuse to sanction a loan deal?

5) Other than tell us that we need money, what is the chairman actually doing at our club?

Can you answer them?

already expressed my opinion on him above, giz me the creeps

I don't think the debt is being reduced by any amount? it is merely being serviced? from a Murray/Muir only point of view, why throw good money after bad? if these interim results are carried through to year end. Muir will already have earned himself a nice wee bonus here on those results. Why draw up a winning horse by paying large amounts towards the debt thus changing profit into a loss? and beside (if rumours are true of a future takeover) why not let any prospective buyers take care of the debt????

Trying to deal in facts, not stuff just made up on other MB's...... (tu)

Why, is speculation now deemed out of bounds after the recent debacles of supporters participation in all things boardroom?

Brilliant news, but nothing to be getting too carried away about. If these figures include estimations of money that we've still to receive such as Champions League cash, then it's not money in our possession yet, so not money that's currently helping our actual ins and outs and the day to day running of the club. Not trying to spoil the fun or anything, it just seems to me that these figures could actually be slightly misleading if some of this 'profit' won't actually be coming in for another few months. Maybe Boss or Bluedell could clarify the significance?

It just means that we will get it in the future. We have accounted for the profit part of it, but not the actual cash in our bank account. It will just mean that our debt will decrease when received.

Right, thanks BD. So, is there no real significance? When we're talking about figures like £5m (just for example) then surely it's fair to say that we'd be better off already having that money to reduce our interest payments day to day now than it sitting in someone else's account making them money? Ok, we'll get it eventually, but our situation could be even better by having now surely?

Correct, yes and yes. :)

Can you answer them?

Whatever mate, all they questions are decent legitimate question which alot of bears will be wondering? to tar me one of them is nothing short of shocking?

I'm amazed that some posters are managing to put a negative swing on these results :anguish:

I hope you don't think that's what I was trying to do papa. Just trying to add to the discussion that not all of this reported 'profit' has necessarily been received and indeed, it may well be that a large chunk of it isn't received until the summer. Bluedell doesn't seem to think that's particularly significant though, which is cool.. (tu)

I'm amazed that some posters are managing to put a negative swing on these results :anguish:

Nobody is putting a negative spin on these results, just some are clearing up a few things as it's easy to get carried away.

These results are a step in the right direction (tu)

agreed mate, a defo step in the right direction!

still questions remain though?

Nobody is putting a negative spin on these results, just some are clearing up a few things as it's easy to get carried away.

These results are a step in the right direction (tu)

agreed mate, a defo step in the right direction!

still questions remain though?

Most of the questions have been cleared up, which is another bonus today when you think about it.

We all can now concentrate on the football, and make sure we do our part to help bring home the treble (tu)

I find it strange how we have even been linked with administration and things like that and that the banks are involved this much. We cant be in that bad a position if we dont even need to service the debt right now even though we could.

Nice to have some good financial news for a change. It shows that we are heading in the right direction. Winning the league and entering the CL is an absolute must.

I don't mate i think winning the cl is a must :P:D:sherlock:

Can you answer them?

Whatever mate, all they questions are decent legitimate question which alot of bears will be wondering? to tar me one of them is nothing short of shocking?

..."Whatever"....

a sign of admission?

So with an operating Profit of £13mill then we should be sitting with the debt at around £20mill or so at the end of the season. Its not as bleak as the mhedia are making out

I would assume that we will make an operating loss over the next 6 months since the champions league money is taken into account in the previous 6 months, not to mention season ticket revenue.

Can you answer them?

My suspicions were arisen as early as post #119