***The Official St. Johnstone v Rangers Thread***

Muff

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mcculloch: :thomson: :fleck:

:boyd: :miller:

Massive game, the biggest of the season so far, and one we must win. The back four, three in midfield, and two upfront, pretty much pick themselves, it's the left side that gives us problems. Nacho Novo does not look fit, and he is out of form, Steven Naismith cannot play out there (like playing with a man down), who know's if DaMarcus Beasley is fit enough?, and Kyle Lafferty is far too inconsistant - bar two halves, he has been dreadful. Don't particularly like Steven Whittaker out there, and at this moment in time, should replace Broadfoot at right back, who is playing no better than a Sunday league player.

St. Johnstone will be no mugs, so we must raise our game, and play from the first, to final whistle!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like the idea of pushing Davis out wide, we lose our most influential player in there.

However, i am struggling to come up with a better team than that Muff.

I don't like Davis out there either, especially with Thomson and McCulloch in the middle, but it worked against Hibs. I'd rather play those three, than see someone like Lafferty or Naismith on one side!

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:beasley: :davis: :thomson: :novo:

:boyd: :miller:

Beasley played well and scored in a bounce game yesterday so hopefully he'll be fit enough to start on saturday.

I'd go with Beasley. Even if he's 75% he still gives us a much better shape and worries the opposing side, helps us press higher up pitch

The main thing is to get the three points, which will edge us that little bit closer to retaining the league title - especially with the celtc game the following weekend, but it will also put pressure on celtc.

St Johnstone like to try and get the ball down and play but they can lump the ball up the park too with Deuchar up there... We will have a fair bit of space to exploit I reckon as I think they will really come at us and I think, if fit, Beasley should get the nod at left wing... Id start the same team that started against hibs... Novo, Naismith and Lafferty should all be on the bench. A win keeps our gap but puts pressure on Celtic who have what you would hope is a tricky game against Dundee UTD