Boyd "In the past I thought goals were just enough.''

Boab

McCulloch would be a good captain, as mentioned above he has the right personality and the way he physically bullies the opposition would be a real lift. However if we are talking about a future Rangers team here, I would hope McCulloch was not a regular first team player, and so would not be captain. I've heard Davis being banded around alot on here as a future captain, but I doubt his abiltiy to fit the captains role aside from the fact he's our best player.

I reckon if Kenny Miller was a bit more popular with the fans (like if he never played for them) his name would have been mentioned. He's an experienced player, works hard and speaks well. He has also been one of our most consistent preformers this season... tin hat on

McCulloch would be a good captain, as mentioned above he has the right personality and the way he physically bullies the opposition would be a real lift. However if we are talking about a future Rangers team here, I would hope McCulloch was not a regular first team player, and so would not be captain. I've heard Davis being banded around alot on here as a future captain, but I doubt his abiltiy to fit the captains role aside from the fact he's our best player.

I reckon if Kenny Miller was a bit more popular with the fans (like if he never played for them) his name would have been mentioned. He's an experienced player, works hard and speaks well. He has also been one of our most consistent preformers this season... tin hat on

Your totally right about Kenny, me and my mate were discussing this the other night. IF he hadn't put on that ghastly strip then he would be an excellent choice.

Who here would have him as captain though???

I cannot see McGregor as captain of Rangers.

He is many things, great shot stopper, Rangers man etc but a dignified leader is not one of them. Too much of the Posh and Becks about him and his g/f.

Lord Davie of Weir has been an inspirational figure, who has oozed class and decorum. A very hard act to follow.

good stuff from boyd, his comment on fortune game me a chuckle too

at the start of the season there was much debate about boyd, and i remember saying that it was almost exactlly this point in mccoists career that he also woke up and got the finger out. now boyd seems to be doing the same, so it lends weight to the comparison and should give us a nice feeling inside if we are looking at a second coming of sorts :)

on the captain front, i would say no to boyd for one reason..... i dont believe forwards make good captains and the role should really be a centre mid, or a cb. keepers can be ok too. but, midfield should be able to influence the game and its a good choice. i can see why davis is mooted, but, i really prefer my rangers captain to be a scot. i would have to go with thomson, as he can be good, but possibly more important, he never seems to make the front pages.

(and am on a mobile so thats why no caps)

at the start of the season there was much debate about boyd, and i remember saying that it was almost exactlly this point in mccoists career that he also woke up and got the finger out. now boyd seems to be doing the same, so it lends weight to the comparison and should give us a nice feeling inside if we are looking at a second coming of sorts :)

on the captain front, i would say no to boyd for one reason..... i dont believe forwards make good captains and the role should really be a centre mid, or a cb. keepers can be ok too. but, midfield should be able to influence the game and its a good choice. i can see why davis is mooted, but, i really prefer my rangers captain to be a scot. i would have to go with thomson, as he can be good, but possibly more important, he never seems to make the front pages.

I'd have still be on my phone tomorrow trying to type all that out!!!

I'd have still be on my phone tomorrow trying to type all that out!!!

haha N97 has a full (ish) keyboard fella, slightly easier