The Protestant traditions of the Rangers football club

bouncy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BB was always good for the football competitions at Kelvinhall and the tuck shop at the end of the night. :pipe:

We got a team together to play the BB. Honestly, I've never met a bigger bunch of queers in my life. The Brownies would have been a better match.

The BB was always good for the football competitions at Kelvinhall and the tuck shop at the end of the night. :pipe:

We got a team together to play the BB. Honestly, I've never met a bigger bunch of queers in my life. The Brownies would have been a better match.

What BB was that? Whose 'we'?

Remember when ye went tae the Nippers then the Lifies then the Boys Brigade and ye felt part of something and they all made you a better person ? And the Church of Scotland was part of it all and backed you up ? What the fcuk has happened to us ? :sherlock:

I never went to the BB. That was for queer hawks.

You sound like a fuckin scout

You sound like a gay boy. I take it you went to the BB then?

:craphead:

Aye man, i'm an officer now. Ain't no queer hawks in there i'll tell ye, all good prods :wink:

Aye, the BB was a true proddy institution in my day and defineatly no queer hawks, a right few hard men in my group,although we did have church parades and Sunday morning bible classes, the Scouts would accept anyone, I loved the BB, sad too say in these days but as a young guy then it gave you something to look forward too on a Friday night. :pipe:

Still is :wink:

What BB was that? Whose 'we'?

My and my friends, and just guys we played football with. Can't remember what BB it was. It was just the BB to us, not sure if they have local ones for every scheme. If you were in the BB you got slagged to fuck. It was totally uncool to be in the BB when i was growing up.

The BB's were always a bastion of protestant supremacy. The scouts were for queers and tims in Stonehouse. When my dad started in his work at Andersons in Motherwell you had to be either in the Orange Order or the Masons or if you were an apprentice in the BB's. nae Tims allowed in those days.

Remember when ye went tae the Nippers then the Lifies then the Boys Brigade and ye felt part of something and they all made you a better person ? And the Church of Scotland was part of it all and backed you up ? What the fcuk has happened to us ? :sherlock:

They wouldn't let you in you mean !Were you an outsider then as well as on here ? :sherlock:

They wouldn't let you in you mean !Were you an outsider then as well as on here ? :sherlock:

It certainly reeks of bitterness :wink:

They anyone in. Even Tims. Like I said, it's for wee gay boys. That's how you got in so easy. :sherlock: