The Ref Yesterday

minstral

Just been watching the game once again, and does anyone else think the ref had taken his time to award our goal yesterday. When watching yesterday i thought he was going to disallow it as he seemed to take ages to award it.

I agree, I had jumped up celebrating but had to stifle it and watch the ref to see what he was doing. Thought it might have been dissaollwed for a foul on the Goalie. Maybe he was just waiting on confirmation through his earpiece from the head of 'The Establishment' to award it...

I think he waited to see if we scored otherwise he would have given us a penalty for hand ball against one of their coloured players. Not sure which one it was. It was a definite hand ball as he tried to punch it clear.

As an afterthought - should he have been red carded for that?

Aye, I did aswell. Partly because it was a goal mouth scramble and I kept thinking that Boyd might have fouled Boruc cos it all happened so fast and that the ref was going to chop it off. Of course, he didnt and got it spot on!

I think he waited to see if we scored otherwise he would have given us a penalty for hand ball against one of their coloured players. Not sure which one it was. It was a definite hand ball as he tried to punch it clear.

As an afterthought - should he have been red carded for that?

I thought I saw that too. I was too busy celebrating to dwell on it but in the cold light of day he was lucky. Maybe the Establishment thought it would be pushing it too far.

Imagine if he did give the penalty and sent the boy off. Timmy would have melted.

As I was jumping about I thought maybe he was going to disallow it. I was furious with the decision that disallowed the first goal. Kenny Miller to me was only protecting his face from the Celtic players dangerous foot and he gets pulled up for a hand ball! I guess it evened out with a bit with Brown's red card being a bit soft. All in all though I don't think Celtic fans have anything to complain about. There were plenty of tackles by N'Guemo, Kamara and co that were worse than Bougie's yellow.

Thanks guys i thought it was just me, but what a noise when he did award it. :uk:

Place went fkn berserk pal, what a rush.....

The picture shook on Sky Sports.

It was like a 9.0 on the richter scale lol

The noise after the goal was fantastic, and i was nearly in tears watching all the fans hugging one another, and seeing how mutch that victory meant to each other. Its been a long time since i heard that much noise at Ibrox, and everyone of you deserve great credit for the support you all gave to the team, and i am proud of everyone of you. :clap:

The noise after the goal was fantastic, and i was nearly in tears watching all the fans hugging one another, and seeing how mutch that victory meant to each other. Its been a long time since i heard that much noise at Ibrox, and everyone of you deserve great credit for the support you all gave to the team, and i am proud of everyone of you. :clap:

(tu) I've never got as many hugs off random strangers (including one fit girl) as I did last night after the final whistle. Incredible feeling and one that I'll remember for a long time. Would've given anything to be at the ground.

When that goal went in I jumped up to start celebrating and twisted my ankle, I've never had a twisted ankle which felt so good! :D

I almost crushed my nuts on the back of a chair doing the bouncy :lol:

Was like this in the pub, never mind what it must have been like at Ibrox :clap:(tu)

We Are The People (tu)

Just been watching the game once again, and does anyone else think the ref had taken his time to award our goal yesterday. When watching yesterday i thought he was going to disallow it as he seemed to take ages to award it.

He was probably trying to remember if he had boarded up his windows with bits of 8 by 4 chipboard before leaving the house :-)

The noise after the goal was fantastic, and i was nearly in tears watching all the fans hugging one another, and seeing how mutch that victory meant to each other. Its been a long time since i heard that much noise at Ibrox, and everyone of you deserve great credit for the support you all gave to the team, and i am proud of everyone of you. smiley-gen014.gif

Thanks ! :lol:

The noise after the goal was fantastic, and i was nearly in tears watching all the fans hugging one another, and seeing how mutch that victory meant to each other. Its been a long time since i heard that much noise at Ibrox, and everyone of you deserve great credit for the support you all gave to the team, and i am proud of everyone of you. smiley-gen014.gif

00000042.gif I've never got as many hugs off random strangers (including one fit girl) as I did last night after the final whistle. Incredible feeling and one that I'll remember for a long time. Would've given anything to be at the ground.

I was in a pub in Sunderland, packed with mackems just before their game, I was the only Rangers fan in the place, when the goal went in I went crazy jumping up and down, shouting my head off! I turned to see everyone else in the place pissing themselves laughing at me, one guy looked at me and said, "so did Rangers score then?" :D :D