Final Fantasy 13

You mean Ruby and Emerald Weapon? They were tough as fuck. I've not fought them for years, haven't got much into disc 2 of my replay of FF7 on the PSP. I think I used a strategy relying on Knights of the Round, HP Absorb and Mime. I can't remember exactly though.

aye sorry emerald instead of diamond

first you had to get the underwater materia or else you died, then you had to get w-summon, final attack, phoenix, KOTR and either hades or bahamut ZERO and mime materia, plus you had to get quada magic materia also

then you filled the other materia slots with anything else you wanted levelling up big time

one character equip phoenix-final attack (both of which were levelled up to level 2 after fighting ruby weapon

another character have KOTR-HP absorb and Bahamut ZERO/Hades-Quarda magic

another character had mime

and then you had to go through quite possibly the longest battle ever known in a game, constant miming once you cast the original KOTR and quadra bahamut ZERO w summon attack

sooooooooooooooo boring but my god it was worth it you got 3 rare materia

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of the main story is cutscenes and battles until you reach chapter 10. Then it opens up sidequests and so on. Thats the main critcism of the game for me, too linear during the main story.

I did enjoy the story, but the battle system was the main draw for me.

Does this get better? I'm a few hours in and it just seems constant cut scenes and battles.

Doesn't seem as fun as it did back in the day

Aye it gets better. Not much but still better.

I didn't enjoy XIII until right near the end. I think it was then that I realised what you can actually do in it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is an FF 13 thread, but I thought I'd just throw this up in here.

http://kotaku.com/5840027/final-fantasy-x-is-coming-to-playstation-vita-and-ps3-in-hd

Final Fantasy X is Coming to PlayStation Vita and PS3 in HD

Square Enix will bring PlayStation 2 role-playing game Final Fantasy X to the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3, the company announced today, giving the 2001 video game a high definition makeover.

The game's publisher called the HD upgrade a "special 10th anniversary production" but did not show the Vita and PS3 version in action, only saying that the specs for each version of Final Fantasy X would be similar. No date yet and no word on that Final Fantasy VII remake you were hoping for, but a potentially good sign for the Vita.

Only ever played FFVII when I was like 6 at my mates and we were useless so we never got very far and we were more interested in wrestling and football games than anything like that but I'm gonna start playing them as RPG's are my kinda thing nowadays now that I'm older and the Final Fantasy series is apparently the best there is so I shall see if I like them which I probably will if they are as good as people say they are.

Only ever played FFVII when I was like 6 at my mates and we were useless so we never got very far and we were more interested in wrestling and football games than anything like that but I'm gonna start playing them as RPG's are my kinda thing nowadays now that I'm older and the Final Fantasy series is apparently the best there is so I shall see if I like them which I probably will if they are as good as people say they are.

They are pretty brilliant Martin. You should get 7, 8 and 9 for the PS emulator. If you can get a DS emulator then the remakes of 3 and 4 are pretty good as well.

I meant to ask did you get the PS emulator up and running???

Not even tried yet tbh. Thanks for the info though, I'll give it a bash soon and let you know.

Still got a mountain of other games to play so if I got in about the FF on the emulator that'd bring me up to about 7 games on the go and I really want to enjoy the FF ones for the PS.

I'm gonna play VI on my SNES emulator first then I will will the PS1 games. Plus I also have Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross and Xenogears to play aswell. All Sqaure Enix RPG's.

Good call actually, VI is superb. The Chrono games are also highly thought of, though I've never managed to get round to playing them (tu)

• 4 weeks later...

First time I've played a Final Fantasy game, and it's pretty good. The story is brilliant and I'm getting drawn in even if the combat system is a bit boring and repetitive. I'm trying it like a film tbh.

get yersel FF7 and FF8 on the PS1 mate, they are proper FF games of this and the previous generation

FF7 and FF8 are arguably 2 of the best ever games made, i particularly like FF* due to the junctioning system and the storyline is wicked also

I don't understand the criticism of this game!

It's bloody brilliant, the cinematic scenes are brilliant, there's great character development and it's just fun watching the story unfold. For me, the combat is a secondary in the game - I'm playing to find out what happens so far. When it opens up I think it will get better, but so far I'm just enjoying it for what it is!

Wonderful game.

I don't understand the criticism of this game!

It's bloody brilliant, the cinematic scenes are brilliant, there's great character development and it's just fun watching the story unfold. For me, the combat is a secondary in the game - I'm playing to find out what happens so far. When it opens up I think it will get better, but so far I'm just enjoying it for what it is!

Wonderful game.

I also thought it was pretty fantastic.

Problem is that folks were brought up on the earlier ones that gave you a lot more freedom to do what you want. 13's a bit linear so some folks hate that. I just enjoy any of the FF games. The differences don't bother me that much as long as you can still grind away on some bits.

I also thought it was pretty fantastic.

Problem is that folks were brought up on the earlier ones that gave you a lot more freedom to do what you want. 13's a bit linear so some folks hate that. I just enjoy any of the FF games. The differences don't bother me that much as long as you can still grind away on some bits.

Aye it probably is jsut because people compare it to the old ones but to be honest the game felt to me like I could ahve completed it by jsut running about pressing X, the game does everything for you if you want.

Aye it probably is jsut because people compare it to the old ones but to be honest the game felt to me like I could ahve completed it by jsut running about pressing X, the game does everything for you if you want.

I felt exactly the same at first as well mate. The missus loved the game for that though so they're doing something right imo if they can get impatient fuckers like my wife interested.

I still enjoyed the combat. They changed it just enough to make it accessible to noobs and kept just enough in to appeal to oldies like ourselves.