Big Eck - How do you remember him?

GOAT

Do you remember him as the man who delivered 2 League titles, 2 Scottish cups, 3 League cups and signings such as Prso, Arteta, Andrews and Novo?

Or, do you remember him as the man who took us on our worst string of results in our history, seven consecutive loses to the bheggers and signings such as Emerson, Ostenstad and Capucho?

I'd like to think most of you remember him for his success and being one of the most unfortunate managers in our history on the basis he had little to spend and was up against the bheggers best manager in years.

For me the big man was a success.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was a big ginger heeded guy ...

naw honestly he done well with us and his last season was a bit of a bad one and he took stick

that wasnt needed....RESPECT TO THE BIG MAN and THANK YOU ..

Didn't he win the same amount of trophys as O'Neill during his time in charge ..... including a treble?

he sure did, O'neill was vastly overrated IMO, mostly because the time's he did win the league he won them by being miles infront, I remember Big eck as a successful manager who was always under pressure, the big man's a legend :praise:

Didn't he win the same amount of trophys as O'Neill during his time in charge ..... including a treble?

Aye, seven apiece.

The big man won them in less time aswell.

he sure did, O'neill was vastly overrated IMO, mostly because the time's he did win the league he won them by being miles infront, I remember Big eck as a successful manager who was always under pressure, the big man's a legend :praise:

As much as I hate O'neill, he is a good manager, there's no getting away from that. Look what he did before Celtic, and look what he's done since.

Aye, seven apiece.

The big man won them in less time aswell.

But yet O'Neill has legend status and McLeish doesn't.

He deserves a lot of credit for his success and he's proving to be a top manager at Birmingham too.

As much as I hate O'neill, he is a good manager, there's no getting away from that. Look what he did before Celtic, and look what he's done since.

Big eck won the same amount of trophy's as O'neil in less time, now look at what big eck has done since leaving rangers, how come nobody goes on about his achievments as much as O'neils ?

Big eck won the same amount of trophy's as O'neil in less time, now look at what big eck has done since leaving rangers, how come nobody goes on about his achievments as much as O'neils ?

I do. Both of them have proved their good managers.

Big Eck was thee man loved him but things did need to change at the end up, we wouldn't have had ally and walter here now if not for Big Eck's bad run.

But wish him all the best with birmingham.

I tell you what though.

One has class and dignity, where as one well...a picture says more than words.

_40547267_oneillfinishedsns.jpg

"shocking!"

I can remember that, O'neil kept draggin lennon back to do that, total prick

I tell you what though.

One has class and dignity, where as one well...a picture says more than words.

_40547267_oneillfinishedsns.jpg

"shocking!"

I can vaguely remember this, but I'm not all too sure what had happened?

Isn't Paul Lambert a rangers fan and his family all Rangers supporters?

What if he had the chance to manage the club in the summer?

Paul Lambert and his dad had a season ticket at ibrox before he signed for celtic and his dad then started going to parkhead to watch him, don't know how he feels about the club now though

It's not a black-and-white issue, is it? McLeish did so well up to the Summer of 2003 when he signed a load of shite (and Henning Berg), and the resulting pish season must be laid at his door. In 2004/05 we had something like a 24-game unbeaten run, and we won the league, just, which was absolutely priceless. His final season was bizarre, with us becoming the first Scottish club to get out of the group stage of the CL, yet we finshed third.

His signings were never, ever young up-and-coming bargain buys. He hardly ever signed a CM during his time in charge. He was no match at all to MO'N in OF games.

But he won us quite a few trophies in a financially difficult time.

Etc., etc.

"Do you remember him as the man who delivered 2 League titles, 2 Scottish cups, 3 League cups and signings such as Prso, Arteta, Andrews and Novo?"

Aye thats how I remember him. Great guy and great manager. Took us to the knock out stage of Champions League as well.