News Regarding Proposed Takeover

boss3

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember guys be careful what you wish for . could well be the demon at the door from what ive heard

care to elaborate?

heard this is the guy murray met in a london hotel 2 years ago when sdm admitted the papers were on the table to

sign but he new if he signed that murray park was going to end up a housing estate

u think its defo the same guy?

SDM will have no input into who the buyer is.

I would have thought that because he OWNS the shares in the club that he would have a the biggest input considering ,as has been stated time and time again, the bank and the club have an agreement inplace for paying off the majority of the debt and an agreed overdraft facility for the remainder.

Mar 7 2010 Gordon Waddell, Sunday Mail

Property developer Andrew Ellis could move a huge step closer to becoming the new owner of Rangers within the next 48 hours.

The former QPR director is spearheading a £33million takeover bid of the club.

And MailSport understands the 41-year-old is the real deal after passing the litmus test Sir David Murray vowed to run over any buyer.

The former chairman, selling up after 21 years at the helm, has always insisted he would never pass the Ibrox institution into the hands of anyone he felt wasn't right to run it.

However, we believe Ellis has satisfied Murray and the Lloyds Banking group with his outline proposals over the past few weeks.

Which means that not only is the cash there to buy the bulk of Murray's majority shareholding - the steel magnate will keep a minor stake - and deal with the debt due to Lloyds, but that there's investment planned to follow the takeover.

Ellis' bid for the club has been bubbling under the surface since the turn of the year, with other nibbles coming from a Far East consortium.

Speculation was also rife that the release of details of the London mortgage consultant's involvement could flush out a higher bid from South African investor Dave King.

Again, though, MailSport believes Ellis' bid all but rules out the chance of that happening, with Murray sceptical about King's attempt to low-ball the club with his initial attempt.

Stock exchange rules forbid any of the parties speaking on the subject and last night Rangers issued a statement simply acknowledging that the club's majority shareholder is considering his options.

It said: "The Board of Directors of the Rangers Football Club plc is aware of the recent takeover speculation in the media and refers shareholders to a previous statement issued in October 2009.

"The club's board has ben advised by its principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Limited, that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the club and this may or may not lead to MIH disposing of some or all of its stake in the club to a third party.

The directors of the club will keep shareholders advised of key developments but the board is unable to comment further at this time."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2010/03/07/rangers-48-hours-away-from-takover-by-andrew-ellis-86908-22091759/

Not that much of an exciting story.

Interesting develoopments but really need to know what the plans are. Thinking it might be true this time but we will just have to wait until someone from the club actually comes out and talks about it or the man in question himself. Time will tell

If it's the famed "ibrox insisder" that will whore himself to any passing press man who will listen (even more than only show in town) then no wonder he is playing it down..... :lol:

If a takeover does happen, am i right in thinking that a transfer embargo would be in place until its complete?

hopefully that doesn't stop us maybe bringing in a few players if all this goes ahead.

Football Manager loyal :lol:

:lol:

to be fair thats where i get most of my knowledge about these sorts of things!

remember guys be careful what you wish for . could well be the demon at the door from what ive heard

care to elaborate?

heard this is the guy murray met in a london hotel 2 years ago when sdm admitted the papers were on the table to

sign but he new if he signed that murray park was going to end up a housing estate

I believe you may have shot yourself in the head with that statement. :sherlock:

care to elaborate?

I believe you may have shot yourself in the head with that statement. :sherlock:

Must be the daftest post from him on this thread.......and that's saying something..... :lol:

I believe there are people waiting in the wings, and I think CL qualification is one of the things holding them back meantime.

When our CL place is secured, they will make their move, as it's worth 10 Million plus big ones to them.

But IF MIH are still in a poor state and are guaranteed a £10m windfall whilst retaining the club and its assets including the stadium,training ground,players etc why would he sell for £33m?

I just dont get that unless the club is still running at a loss with all the cuts that have been made? and if that is the case why would a 'property developer' with no connection with our club wish to buy?

Simply because Rangers are a very small part of the Murray Empire, which is around 600 million in debt.

He needs to get rid to concentrate his efforts on keeping the rest of his empire going.

(I think)

Can someone clear this up for me once and for all - is our debt *only* 33 million (or so), or is it somehow also connected to the megamillions owed by MIH?

Can someone clear this up for me once and for all - is our debt *only* 33 million (or so), or is it somehow also connected to the megamillions owed by MIH?

Thats exactly what I would like to know mate - this is one of the reasons I think Murray is not playing ball.

It worries me just how badly tied up in his mess Rangers FC really are.

SDM quite legitimately after the failed shares issue, which he claimed to underwrite, converted Rangers debt into shareholdings, the mystery is who actually owns these shares. It is thought that as much as £80 million of Rangers debt could be held elsewhere in MIH or subsidiaries. Giving a total debt or purchase price however you wish to look at it, of over £100 million, that is of course if the shares held elsewhere were traded for debt. Who can say at this moment.

Se when this goes awe tits up officially am in there, am puttin a bid in ! Dae they take provi cheques ? :sherlock:

checque cashing center mate, you will have to see if rangers will wave the 8% it's gonna cost you to get it cashed