News Regarding Proposed Takeover

boss3

heres tomorrows front page

best i can do

rm-1267829671-U9650.jpg

Saturdays Times is printed on Friday Afternoon ? How come nae other cunt is interested ? :sherlock:

looks like a saturday paper to me

It's printed oan Friday fur balloons, don't take this personal, maybe like yourself who believes anything these bawbags tells yees. Even the date. And fur yer information this picture was posted on Friday night. As I said printed oan Friday afternoon for the mug customer on Saturday. Like they dae wae comics ! ;):sherlock:

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be careful what we wish for. We know very little about the motivation behind this latest bid or their future plans for the club.

At the risk of playing devil's advocate, lets take a step back and think like a speculator with no emotional attachment to the club rather than as the supporters we are.

So, you buy a business for £33 million. With that business you get a stadium and some land in Govan which doesn't have much value from a speculative perspective. But you do get a very nice piece of land in desirable Milngavie and you get a number of players who have value on the transfer market. You also get a large supporter base which is passionate about the club and access to the CL next year.

So, you are down £33 million but have no debt on top of that. You sell Booger, Shagger and Davis in the summer and net, say £13 million from that. Now you are down just £20 million. You make sure you bring in no new players and you let the likes of Boyd leave on a Bosman. So your wage bill is also down a couple of million. That, plus the CL money and you are probably looking at a net profit of around £12 million. In addition, you sell Auchenhowie to a well connected property developer in Glasgow for £8 million. So now you are at break even..

By this time, the support are up in arms and the brown stuff is flying. So you concoct a scheme to sell the club back to the support - who are willing to pay what it will take to save the club - for the £33 million you put in originally. So, in just two years, you walk away with a nice profit of £33 million or 100%.

Not saying this will happen ...... but you never know.

Ber sceptical fellow Bears, be very sceptical.

best i can do

rm-1267829671-U9650.jpg

Saturdays Times is printed on Friday Afternoon ? How come nae other cunt is interested ? :sherlock:

looks like a saturday paper to me

It's printed oan Fridays fur balloons, don't take this personal, maybe like yourself who believes anything these bawbags tells yees. Even the date. And fur yer information this picture was posted on Friday night. As I said printed oan Friday afternoon for the mug customer on Saturday. Like they dae wae comics ! ;):sherlock:

:lol::sherlock:

Lets be careful what we wish for. We know very little about the motivation behind this latest bid or their future plans for the club.

At the risk of playing devil's advocate, lets take a step back and think like a speculator with no emotional attachment to

the club rather than as the supporters we are.

So, you buy a business for £33 million. With that business you get a stadium and some land in Govan which doesn't have much value from a speculative perspective. But you do get a very nice piece of land in desirable Milngavie and you get a number of players who have value on the

transfer market. You also get a large supporter base which is passionate about the club and access to the CL next year.

So, you are down £33 million but have no debt on top of that. You sell Booger, Shagger and Davis in the summer and net, say £13 million from that. Now you are down just

£20 million. You make sure you bring in no new players and you let the likes of Boyd leave on a Bosman. So your wage bill is also down a couple of million. That, plus the CL money and you are probably looking at a net profit of around £12 million. In addition, you sell Auchenhowie to a

well connected property developer in Glasgow for £8 million. So now you are at break even..

By this time, the support are up in arms and the brown stuff is flying. So you concoct a scheme to sell the club back to the support - who are willing to pay what it will take

to save the club - for the £33 million you put in originally. So, in just two years, you walk away with a nice profit of £33 million or 100%.

mr ellis? Is that u telling us ur plans?

lol

Only messin mate

At the risk of playing devil's advocate, lets take a step back and think like a speculator with no emotional attachment to the club rather than as the supporters we are.

So, you buy a business for £33 million. With that business you get a stadium and some land in Govan which doesn't have much value from a speculative perspective. But you do get a very nice piece of land in desirable Milngavie and you get a number of players who have value on the transfer market. You also get a large supporter base which is passionate about the club and access to the CL next year.

So, you are down £33 million but have no debt on top of that. You sell Booger, Shagger and Davis in the summer and net, say £13 million from that. Now you are down just £20 million. You make sure you bring in no new players and you let the likes of Boyd leave on a Bosman. So your wage bill is also down a couple of million. That, plus the CL money and you are probably looking at a net profit of around £12 million. In addition, you sell Auchenhowie to a well connected property developer in Glasgow for £8 million. So now you are at break even..

By this time, the support are up in arms and the brown stuff is flying. So you concoct a scheme to sell the club back to the support - who are willing to pay what it will take to save the club - for the £33 million you put in originally. So, in just two years, you walk away with a nice profit of £33 million or 100%.

I agree you're right to be sceptical. People earn respect and we know nothing of this man, his intention or even if he will bid but it's a very bleak outlook to take.

Anyone coming in could do anything with our club when they buy it, is their any real sense in painting doomsday scenarios before a bid is even placed..?

I agree GLC. If it does go thru or get close to pen and paper time then I think we shud hear the guy out, let him tell us wat the future has in store for RFC. He hasn't even spoke to the media about us yet. Give the guy a chance IMO

I can't help but agree. What are his plans for Ibrox, Auchenhowie, management, players etc.? Will this flush out others? Looking forward to getting more information in the days ahead.

I'd say my position just now is one of 'interested scepticism'.

The ist column story is mere interestin, cannae wait tae find oot the extent of wee purcells misdemeanours, they tell me this is gonna be some scandal ! :sherlock:

who?

best i can do

rm-1267829671-U9650.jpg

Him, rhattler fae glesga city cooncil !

I can't help but agree. What are his plans for Ibrox, Auchenhowie, management, players etc.? Will this flush out others? Looking forward to getting more information in the days ahead.

I'd say my position just now is one of 'interested scepticism'.

I know what your saying but Murray won't be that stupit and leave the club to someone that could destroy us, or would he.?

I know what your saying but Murray won't be that stupit and leave the club to someone that could destroy us, or would he.?

Let's hope not. Can any of us be certain, though?

Ach no John Mackay. Stupid weekend news. Nothing again.

Hmmmm wonder where that camera was from today.

They were filming the Founders' Trail which left from Ibrox.

That should be a good program (tu)

Very hard to find anything on Ellis's RFC Holdings (Guernsey Ltd), appears to be a shell, and people who use shells worry me greatly. http://www.guernseyregistry.com/

I asked this question earlier in the thread mate. I'm sure one of the pundits on the radio said RFC holdings was formed purely to buy rangers. Ie it only exists for this purpose

It is a difficult situation as a buyer is exactly what we need, and great news in itself.

But the wrong person could be dangerous.

My concern is simply that this guy doesn't have a clue what Rangers mean to the punters like us.

I asked this question earlier in the thread mate. I'm sure one of the pundits on the radio said rfc holdings was formed purely to buy rangers. Ie it only exists for this purpose

Yes, RFC Holdings (Guernsey) Ltd was only set up on 3 February.

Very hard to find anything on Ellis's RFC Holdings (Guernsey Ltd), appears to be a shell, and people who use shells worry me greatly. http://www.guernseyregistry.com/

I asked this question earlier in the thread mate. I'm sure one of the pundits on the radio said RFC holdings was formed purely to buy rangers. Ie it only exists for this purpose

That is the part that bothers me, you would think that such a high flyer would have a successful trail that we could follow, in the football world this guy's trail is all failure and failure to deliver as QPR.

That is the part that bothers me, you would think that such a high flyer would have a successful trail that we could follow, in the football world this guy's trail is all failure and failure to deliver as QPR.

As others have mentioned I am bothered about Murrays overall debt problems and how RFC shares may have been underwritten through one of his other companies. Will it be as simple as a new owner shelling out £60M or so..

In addition, will this alleged buyer be interested in the long haul or will he just be a venture capitalist looking for a 2/3 yesr high interest ' account ' to pay him lots of loot when he strips down the sellable assets.

To say i am wary is putting it mildly!