News Regarding Proposed Takeover

boss3

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just recieved a text and it will be done and dusted today murray bain and muir will all leave rangers wooooooooo :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not convinced by you.

I dont know about this guy at all, the things I read, about moving QPR somewhere totally different and the like are a bit, well, concerning, then again did he just have ambitions to make them "bigger"? Its a bit like Arsenal moving to the emirates, yet, the media like to portray it as negative. At the same time, I am not exactly doing backflips over Dave King and his consortium either. The one thing about this guy, he made a move, officially, so, he must have a serious interest in us, and, in the short term, if this removes Murray from the equation, and allows us to operate with some security, that may not be the worst thing, especially if Smith is still here to let him know exactly what is required.

A lot of people have said "The big worry was always that people with no interest or love of the club would buy us and could potentially do more damage than has already been done"

And, in that regard, we are currently owned by someone whom that statement could also be referring to. Then again, thinking about it, a "football man" would not perhaps be a Rangers fan, but, the Protestant and Unionist aspects of our club are a reason i could see an Englishman being interested in buying us. For me, one possible upside of this, is I dont believe they would put up with the shite that comes from the bheasts and liewell.

The other aspect is, we are in a position to really kick on now, and, leave the scum a mile behind. It takes an owner to do that, and, I suppose, therein lies the dilema about what actually is "best" for us. We know what isnt, such as Murray. But, the uncertainty at the moment has the potential to do far more harm than a poor owner. We could lose Smith, Boyd etc etc which would do a lot of damage.

I think Ellis is looking at Rangers as a club that could make him and his company a lot of money. I don't care what anyone says it is possible for Rangers to turn a profit without Champions League money. What we need is a guy at the helm with fresh ideas to get the club moving forward again off the park. In the last decade we have gone so far backwards in a commercial sense it's untrue.

I think Ellis is looking at Rangers as a club that could make him and his company a lot of money. I don't care what anyone says it is possible for Rangers to turn a profit without Champions League money. What we need is a guy at the helm with fresh ideas to get the club moving forward again off the park. In the last decade we have gone so far backwards in a commercial sense it's untrue.

I would think this too. Someone with the nous to come in, do things right, and, then perhaps resell at a large profit in 2-3 years? I could see that happening. Its the exact opposite of the stagnation we have been in for sometime, including some aspects going backwards. On the flip side, if successful, we continue to grow and their profits grow, they may stick around.

bheast media will be trying to report it as negatively as they can, because they will be shit fucking scared of exactly what we will do to them if we also have money! A blind man could see that :lol:

It is impossible to say with any certainty what would be good for the club, the talks about fears of property developers buying us just to sell the property for housing, in all honesty I don't buy that.

These people (if genuine in their interest), will be fully aware of the prestige of owning a club like ourselves will bring them, they will want to be involved in a club which always wants to win, and possibly even more important to them from a financial point of view, as long as they have the whole package they will be fully aware of the development plans that had been agreed with Glasgow City Council and the respective organisations for the land round Ibrox, and even though we are still in a financial recession countrywide it's my belief that we are slowly coming out of it, and if they can get this deal in place now, then they could make millions just on re-development around Ibrox.

Just heard the rst reserve spokesman on sky sports news saying the new interested parties must speak to the RST.......why ?

If he does speak he should communicate with all the fans at once not a tiny group of fans who have misrepresented us in the past. If he must speak with any group it should be the largest and that means the RSA.

These days of fan groups trying to build a wee empire should be long gone whoever the new owner is.

Just heard the rst reserve spokesman on sky sports news saying the new interested parties must speak to the RST.......why ?

If he does speak he should communicate with all the fans at once not a tiny group of fans who have misrepresented us in the past. If he must speak with any group it should be the largest and that means the RSA.

These days of fan groups trying to build a wee empire should be long gone whoever the new owner is.

We agree on something, Token!!

The self-interested can fuck off. Any consultations should be public, and should take on the views of a cross-section of our fans.

i really dont know about this guy the things i've read about him are not to promising :(

I'm not too sure on this guy either, hopefully though John Greig, Alistair Johnston & Martin Bain will make sure that the bid is all above board and the guy has solid plans for us before making a recommendation on it.

its going to be wierd havig a english man as owner of our Rangers. :(

might not have an english men as the owner, there are other parties also involved in this, maybe dave king will have seen this and steped up and not just be all talk.

its going to be wierd havig a english man as owner of our Rangers. :(

might not have an english men as the owner, there are other parties also involved in this, maybe dave king will have seen this and steped up and not just be all talk.

Hope so (tu)