News Regarding Proposed Takeover

boss3

I remember the uproar and expectation last time there was a statement on the offical website, and it led to fuck all.

True, I got a text while in Tesco I recall and my laptop web wasn't working until the next morning and could only log on the web from phone.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Chick Young

BBC Scotland football reporter

A bid to buy Rangers could be lodged within days.

A consortium headed by London-based property developer Andrew Ellis, a former director at Queen's Park Rangers, is preparing to make an offer.

However, BBC Scotland has learned that two other parties are also considering bids to take over the Ibrox club.

Sir David Murray, who relinquished his chairmanship and place on the board in August, controls around 90% of the shares in the Scottish champions.

Rangers, who are refusing to comment, are £31m in debt and last month chairman Alastair Johnston warned that the "future outlook remains fraught with challenges".

The club has been under pressure from Lloyds Banking Group to bring their costs under control and have not signed any players since August 2008.

The squad was trimmed last summer, while Portuguese midfielder Pedro Mendes was sold in January.

Manager Walter Smith and his assistant Ally McCoist have been working without contracts since their agreements expired at the turn of the year.

Rangers enjoy a 10 point lead in the championship race, with a game in hand over closest challengers Celtic, while they are in the final of the Co-operative Insurance Cup and the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8553269.stm

It says we have refused to have comment but we have!

it may or may not happen but what really saddened me was the treatment of boss3 by some members on this thread

on behalf of RM i would like to apologise for the treatment you received on this thread and hope it hasnt put you off using the site again

it may or may not happen but what really saddened me was the treatment of boss3 by some members on this thread

on behalf of RM i would like to apologise for the treatment you received on this thread and hope it hasnt put you off using the site again

(tu) well done mate

All very interesting!!! I'm a bit surprised by the timing as i didn't expect anything to happen till the summer. I guess its very clear we'll win the league and be in the CL, so there are no real unknowns for bidders.

I'm not over the moon about property developers buying us, with quick profits etc; but it could work to mutual benefit, but only short-medium term. I want a long term vision and a business plan to take Rangers forward, not to make profits for a consortium of profiteers.

I'm intrigued about the Far East consortium too; i've never heard anything along those lines until now. It may also spur King's consortium into another bid.

"THE Board of Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc ("Club") is aware of the recent takeover speculation in the media and refers shareholders and supporters to a previous statement issued in October 2009.

The Club's board has been advised by its principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Limited ("MIH"), that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the Club and this may or may not lead to MIH disposing of some or all of its stake in the Club to a third party.

The directors of the Club will keep shareholders advised of key developments but the Board is unable to comment further at this time."

They don't appear to be saying anything that hasn't been said before. :pipe:

I remember the uproar and expectation last time there was a statement on the offical website, and it led to fuck all.

True, I got a text while in Tesco I recall and my laptop web wasn't working until the next morning and could only log on the web from phone.

Boab, what the fuck were you doing in tesco?

"THE Board of Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc ("Club") is aware of the recent takeover speculation in the media and refers shareholders and supporters to a previous statement issued in October 2009.

The Club's board has been advised by its principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Limited ("MIH"), that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the Club and this may or may not lead to MIH disposing of some or all of its stake in the Club to a third party.

The directors of the Club will keep shareholders advised of key developments but the Board is unable to comment further at this time."

Statement is for the Stock Exchanges, legalities etc.. The Rangers won't make any others comments. Can't at this stage. (tu)

Aye apologies, but I hope he understands the amount of pish we've heard in the past like this so can you really blame people for being sceptical?

Boab, what the fuck were you doing in tesco?

I was picking a pal up from his work.

I had a wee wander and may have bought some fruit, pineapple etc if I remember correctly for my breakfast the next morning.

Statement is for the Stock Exchanges, legalities etc.. The Rangers won't make any others comments. Can't at this stage. (tu)

Isn't it the same statement from October reissued ?

By the sounds of this Ellis boy i wouldn't want him 100 miles near Ibrox imo.

Just done alot of reading on him there he probably move Rangers from Ibrox and build appartments at Ibrox and turn Murray Park into a theme park.

By the sounds of this Ellis boy i wouldn't want him 100 miles near Ibrox imo.

Just done alot of reading on him there he probably move Rangers from Ibrox and build appartments at Ibrox and turn Murray Park into a theme park.

:lol: after the reading ive done on him last night it wouldnt surprise me :lol:

Absolutely (tu)

FTAOD, boss3 has nothing to do with me - I have no idea who he is.

And a massive well done to Number One fanzine - it has the exclusive in the new edition out today, which must mean it was printed earlier in the week, long before the newspapers had this story. (tu)