Rangers make statement to the LSE

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a text from Bain himself saying that Ellis giving us £150million to spend on players

:P

Don't believe anything that that Kev says. He tried to sell me some Celtic shares a couple of years ago, telling me that Celtic were just entering a generation of domination.

He forgot to tell me that it would be a generation of Rangers domination!! doh

:D

My reading of this is there is a genuine interest now and discussions are taking place between MIH and the Ellis consortium. While he might not be the ideal person at least his group are serious and this in any case may flush any other interested parties out of the woodwork so we could in fact be much nearer a new owner now.

I do like the idea of having John Greig as part of the group looking at the implications as he should at least know how important the club is to us the fans.

This is my hope BB.

Going on what I've read about Ellis since the story broke, I've no desire to see a geezer like him take us over. I have absolutely no respect for someone who wants to buy football clubs and either merge them or move them away from their home.

oh no thats scary

I wonder what kind of folks are in the Far East consortium

I don’t doubt that these guys are Rangers fans, we just want them to act like Rangers fans.

If they act like fans then their hearts will rule their head and this deal is too important for that to happen IMO.

We need guys who can see the bigger picture involved in the deal and I think Bain, Greig & Johnston will do that

I think its easy at this time to overlook the predicament we are in. I say this because a lot of people seem underwhelmed with the notion of this Ellis guy taking control and its largely because he doesn't seem to fit the bill of a mega rich investor.

I understand those feelings but am also quick to remember the current situation we find ourselves in. We have considerable debt and an owner who has bailed on us and is not going to solve our financial problems let alone invest in the future.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that any investor that comes in and clears our debt alone puts us in a better position than we are now ?

We have the appropriate assurance filters in place in the form of an independent committee to assess his suitability and intentions to bring long term stability to the club and I'm happy to see what develops from that.

Lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt for the meantime and you never know this could be a new and exciting beginning for Rangers FC.

Whats interesting is that Donald Muir is not part of this board representation

Its because he is employed by MIH and may have different interests when considering an offer, and not have Rangers at heart.

I know, its just that some people believed Muir was pulling all the strings

I think its easy at this time to overlook the predicament we are in. I say this because a lot of people seem underwhelmed with the notion of this Ellis guy taking control and its largely because he doesn't seem to fit the bill of a mega rich investor.

I understand those feelings but am also quick to remember the current situation we find ourselves in. We have considerable debt and an owner who has bailed on us and is not going to solve our financial problems let alone invest in the future.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that any investor that comes in and clears our debt alone puts us in a better position than we are now ?

We have the appropriate assurance filters in place in the form of an independent committee to assess his suitability and intentions to bring long term stability to the club and I'm happy to see what develops from that.

Lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt for the meantime and you never know this could be a new and exciting beginning for Rangers FC.

Totally agree bud (tu)

is it not the case that anyone can promise the world to get their hands on murrays shares, then do whatever they like. so the directors committee could easily be led up the garden path . dont think ellis or anybody else need to sign anything stating they will do this or that in the future

Very fair point. Ok, you've calmed me down a bit with that :), but if it all goes pear-shaped I'm sending the boys round to sort you out OK? :D

Very fair point. Ok, you've calmed me down a bit with that :), but if it all goes pear-shaped I'm sending the boys round to sort you out OK? :D

Send girls instead ? ;)

He seems to be entertaining him as he has had to announce they are in talks. It will be interesting to see what his plans are for Rangers because as you say his previous is far from inspiring. Although the clubs he was involved in previously were not in the same situation as us.

I am waiting to see hwta comes out these talks before making any judgements

My concern is that as this drags on and on Murray may become less principled in who he sells to.

I'm pretty sure if there are more than one interested party,Mr. Murray will sell to the highest offer. :(

He seems to be entertaining him as he has had to announce they are in talks. It will be interesting to see what his plans are for Rangers because as you say his previous is far from inspiring. Although the clubs he was involved in previously were not in the same situation as us.

I am waiting to see hwta comes out these talks before making any judgements

My concern is that as this drags on and on Murray may become less principled in who he sells to.

I'm pretty sure if there are more than one interested party,Mr. Murray will sell to the highest offer. :(

i hope i,m wrong but i think sir flim flam could be selling to himself

I do see ur point on this. But how wud it benefit him or RFC?

If mih goes into administration and took us with them publicity be unbearable but if he was to save rangers publicity wouldnt be half as bad. When the rest of mih goes to the wall he buys back the bits he wants. Call me a cynic but i find it strange that this RFC holdings has come about lately

i hope i,m wrong but i think sir flim flam could be selling to himself

I do see ur point on this. But how wud it benefit him or RFC?

If mih goes into administration and took us with them publicity be unbearable but if he was to save rangers publicity wouldnt be half as bad. When the rest of mih goes to the wall he buys back the bits he wants. Call me a cynic but i find it strange that this RFC holdings has come about lately

:lol:

I wonder where Andrew Ellis is getting the money from to buy Rangers, his deal with QPR fell though because of funding and that was only 8 million.

That was 9 years ago though. I've got a lot more money now than I did 9 years ago.

Lucky you.I haven't :rolleyes:

Press Release

The Board of RFC Holdings (Guernsey) Limited (the "Company"), notes the announcement by The Rangers Football Club Plc ("Rangers") this morning and can confirm that it has entered discussions with Murray International Holdings Limited ("MIH") in relation to a possible acquisition of MIH's interest in Rangers, which may or may not lead to an offer being made for the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Rangers (the "Discussions").

It should be noted that the Discussions do not constitute a firm intention to make an offer for Rangers pursuant to Rule 2.5 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "City Code") and, accordingly, there can be no certainty that an offer will be made.

A further announcement will be made in due course.

For further information:

RFC Holdings (Guernsey) Limited

David Gilmour

Tel: +44 (0) 7781133322

Bartholomew Harte Solicitors - Legal Adviser to the Company

Michael Harte (Partner)

Tel: +44 (0)20 7887 6366

Email: michael.harte@bartholomew-harte.com

www.bartholomew-harte.com

http://bartholomew-harte.com/news/press-releases/

This is the David Gilmour mentioned as the contact for RFC Holdings..

He was educated in Scotland, somebody must know this guy.

http://www.marlboroughtrust.com/marlborough-trust-team.asp?ID=25