A Tale of Integrity, Fair-mindednesss and Hypocrisy

Frankie

Spot on Frankie. You would have thought if there was a pro-Rangers bias in Scottish football we would have been shown a bit of understanding regarding our fixture congestion during the Uefa Cup run... who won the league that season as a result?

4 games in 8 days.

Vinegar in mahooselstink and Robson committing 2 dreadful assaults on Dailly and Faye with no repercussions.

5 minutes injury time so Vinegar could score the winner

Foul on McDonald outside the box which they got a pen for to win the game too.

Zander diamonds goal chopped off when nothing wrong with it.

2007/2008 season 5 reasons they won the league.

you forgot about Eddie Smith at St Mirren or was it Falkirk? That was the season of sporting integrity. Have to add that was a superb post!!

Excellent stuff Frankie, although I would question whether Fortune's "goal" was harshly disallowed. If, as you go on to say, it was rightly disallowed, surely that is all that needs said. The referee saw the infringement which some of us missed, so nothing harsh about it...?

Good post, though. I just think they're making a laughing stock of themselves, anyone I've spoken to about this thinks they sound like paranoid delusional fuckwits. That can't be true, can it? :D

Brilliant stuff Frankie. We must be a shit country when The Establishment could only muster 3 league titles between 1964 & 1987.....poor government obviously.

Surely not, Caesar Salad himself said 50 years of bias, how did we manage that?

Excellently put Frankie. It's funny how every decision that we have benefited from has been scrutinised, but the ones that have went against us, of which there has been many, have been completely ignored. rolleyes.gif

tends to happen when you don't complain every fucking day of your life.

Kudos to Frankie and also to Gaffbear for telling the truth. These Green-and-Grey-hooped midgie rakers have some amount of nerve, considering what we had to go through at the end of season '07-'08. Bunch of myopic no users!

Well balanced, well delivered. Top, top post Frankie! :clap:

Yes we've been lucky, but we've also had a few decisions against us, but did we complain?

Did we complain last season when DaMarcus Beasley scored a perfectly good goal up at Pittodrie, denying us the three points?

Did we complain the season before when we had to play 4 games in 8 days, including a title decider, a UEFA Cup final?

Did we complain when celtc called off a game for the death of Tommy Burns, when really it was because they had alot injuries and suspensions?

Rangers Football Club are a club off dignity and class, the same could not be said for the scum across the City.

I may be wrong, but did they not get the game called off after Phil O'Donnell died, which meant that McGeady was available for the old firm game, and then played the game after Tommy Burns died, because they didn't want the league to be extended.

No you are correct, and by the way of course we complained about all these things! Walter named and shamed linesmen/refs, complained about Liewells plans for the Tour of Japan and there was countless threads on here about what the table would look like had the correct decisions been given in games. Its easy to forget all that when the goings good I suppose.

A1 Article!

' I am surprised you also did not mention 'Ussain Bolt' Keane's signing as the saviour of them or perhaps your comments were to fast for me to read!'

(I actually posted similar to this in 'The Rabbits' thread about waletr but it fits here as well.)

No you are correct, and by the way of course we complained about all these things! Walter named and shamed linesmen/refs, complained about Liewells plans for the Tour of Japan and there was countless threads on here about what the table would look like had the correct decisions been given in games. Its easy to forget all that when the goings good I suppose.

I said as much in the article where I pointed out that the bias argument falls down simply because there are so many different subjective examples of supposedly bad decisions which can be seen quite differently by the individual - no matter who they support and no matter their position in the league.

However, Smith named only one linesman in a reasonably unusual fit of pique while Celtic FC, their manager, their players and their fans are going after almost every official after every game.

The fact is their complaints are nothing more than a poor attempt to deflect from their own various problems. Quite simply they are panicking and using any issue to try and keep the support on their side.

If I were the SFA I'd be charging the club with bringing the game into disrepute and if I were an official, I'd be consulting a lawyer.

We could laugh louder at all of this if we didn't see the problems suffered by people like Hugh Dallas and Rangers players with regard to their personal property when people take umbrage with their performance.