Who Was Your Biggest Inspiration?

Iserdo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Coops for me. The one spark we had in a very mediocre, but young, team in the early/mid 80s. I wrote school projects on him, had the scrapbook the works. I tried all to copy his moves, but as a goalie that didnt do down well!

i would say Super Cooper he was the man and the gent that i looked up to :) What a human and a player.Who was your Inspiration?

Davie Cooper without a doubt - sheer genius. Would sort of price would that guy be in todays market ?

i would say Super Cooper he was the man and the gent that i looked up to :) What a human and a player.Who was your Inspiration?

Davie Cooper without a doubt - sheer genius. Would sort of price would that guy be in todays market ?

He would be priceless in todays market. ;)

Although my user name indicates Baxter my Rangers inspiration was the one and only John Greig, I started watching The Rangers in the 60's when that lot were doing their 9iar [God It hurts to type that] and unless you had to suffer it you young un's will never understand what John Greig done for The Rangers, the word Legend in my time watching The Rangers should only be reserved for this most fine servant of our institution, and I mean that sincerely,they say one man does not make a team but they never knew John Greig, I love him.

Outside of The Rangers I would have to say Muhammid Ali. :praise:

Interesting post mate. I said Baxter since I thought he could do no wrong -- an could produce brilliance on demand. But your points about Greig are spot on as well.

Can't argue with Ali either. Imagine, a heavyweight fighter being nominated for the Nobel peace prize? Clearly astonishing -- and an utterly compelling story. His accomplishments outside of the ring are inspirational. (tu)

Jock Wallace and Tam Forsyth. Say no more.

Jaws wi that goal.

Jock Wallace with the steel.

Cooper and his left peg.

McCoist and his goals.

Souness with his determination.

In today's team if I were a youngster, to sit and watch Bougherra, Boyd and Davis (Whittaker if he keeps it up) must be an inspiration surely. And so we move on.

As an Englishman i'd favour Terry Butch..

But in my heart it was always Brian FKIN Laudrup!

If i close my eyes i can still see Durie noddin one down to him and smashing it beyond, well any keeper back then :praise::rolleyes: