I Kept Believing- Kenny Miller

Lando

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100321/i-kept-believing_2254024_2001139

I tried to get a photo of Kenny Miller with the cap backward with a towel wrapped around his neck in the locker room, but the "page info" that I right-clicked on it did not show .jpg.

KENNY MILLER insists he always believed Rangers could beat St Mirren to the League Cup - even when they were reduced to nine men.

The Light Blues were poor at Hampden in today's final and their cause wasn't helped when both Kevin Thomson and Danny Wilson were sent off in the second half.

But they somehow dug deep to find a winner, scored by Miller with a well-placed header after Steven Naismith's right-wing cross.

Kenny Miller scores Rangers in the League Cup final against St. Mirren. The 84th-minute strike provided a dramatic end to a tense afternoon as the Ibrox outfit hung on to claim their fifth major trophy since Walter Smith returned to the club.

Miller said: "There's always a chance of winning when you are level. Whether you are down to eight men, nine or whatever, there's always that prospect.

"We always say that teams' best chances against us are probably from set plays but that was the case for us when we were down to nine men.

"We hoped to maybe get a corner or a free kick, when we could pile players into their box, and maybe get on the end of it.

"With the way we played, they dominated and they did that again when we went down to 10 men.

"They were pressing and pressing and trying to get a goal and in a way, that probably worked to our advantage.

0,,5~8688115,00.jpg