Walter's new signings

Emerson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like Piquionne, good player who I think would do well at Rangers. Not too sure in the chances of signing him; fee, wages and other clubs interested... ?

Is it Lyon he is on loan from?

Whoever it is, he wants out, and his club won't stop him from moving on - I doubt he would cost too much, and as I'm on my iPhone, I can't be arsed checking to see his contract situation.

Although he may feel that a move to a club like Rangers would be a good move at this stage in his career. 30/31, the chance to play for a big club, win trophies, play in the Champions League...

He's th type of striker I want to see at the club, and one we need!

Just remembered at stat re Piquionne; year loan at Portsmouth cost the club £420k, plus £240k which was paid to his agent. £660k plus wages... probably looking at around £1.4m for the loan deal as I'm sure the guy Proudfoot mentioned him being on around £14-15k a week at Fratton Park. Whether that is a percentage of his wage in France is another thing? Although I'm sure Lyon only paid around £3.5m for him?

IMO I dont see Pompey comming back up to the EPL anytime soon. People talked about us having a fire sale of 2/3 players. I Can see them fire selling 12/13 players :lol:. There will be alot of teams taking advantage of there situation.

Andrew Halliday, the lad at Livingston who is out of contract in the summer is someone we should be snapping up. Livingston have a decent record of churning out good young players in recent years; Snodgrass, Dorrans, Griffiths, and I know someone who has been up watching Andrew Halliday in recent weeks, and he has been impressed. Although it seems a few English, and Scottish clubs are looking at him.

Capable of playing with both feet, and anywhere in attack.

Another player who i can see moving on to a bigger club next season would be Gary Cahill for Bolton. had a great season and then got put out with an injury, just seen him on SSN there in a reserve match nice to see him playing again.

Andrew Halliday, the lad at Livingston who is out of contract in the summer is someone we should be snapping up. Livingston have a decent record of churning out good young players in recent years; Snodgrass, Dorrans, Griffiths, and I know someone who has been up watching Andrew Halliday in recent weeks, and he has been impressed. Although it seems a few English, and Scottish clubs are looking at him.

He's my mate, and has been on trial with Charlton and Middlesbrough this season.

Hes a big gers fan (tu)

He's my mate, and has been on trial with Charlton and Middlesbrough this season.

Hes a big gers fan (tu)

Plymouth, and West Ham have had him watched in the last few weeks aswell.

fuck it.... Darren Fletcher, Alan Hutton, bring back Ferguson, ill say Gattuso just cos his wife is Scottish... Craig Gordon as a back up :P em, who else... Gary o Conner, oh well lets just by all the Scottish internationals and win the Champions League!!!

One thing I liked about Walter was the fact he is willing to sign Scots and keep a Scottis identity to the team - I like that. One thing Rangres have a history of is some great scots, scots backbone to the squad and supplementing them with some quality from abroad.

I Would like too see a defender like the two CB's that play at Birmingham

Just mentioned them in another thread. Scott Dann, and Roger Johnson have been excellent this season, and a reason why Birmingham have had such a great season, and good defensive record.