Lafferty Left Out Again

Walter is normally incredibely loyal to his players when they are going through a rough time, but yet again Lafferty was left out of the squad.

Is it the cruel to be kind method, is Smith trying to get a reaction from him or has Smith just finally run out of patience with him?

Just what does the future hold for Lafferty?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers

* 25 Alexander

* 03 Weir

* 05 Papac

* 16 Whittaker yellow card

* 66 Wilsonred card

* 06 McCulloch yellow card

* 07 Davis (Edu 45)

* 08 Thomson red card

* 09 Boyd (Naismith 79)

* 10 Novo (Smith 89)

* 18 Miller yellow card

* 99 THE PIGEON

Substitutes

* 01 McGregor,

* 26 Smith,

* 02 Edu,

* 20 Beasley,

* 14 Naismith

would have any of the above before lafferty

Walter is normally incredibely loyal to his players when they are going through a rough time, but yet again Lafferty was left out of the squad.

Is it the cruel to be kind method, is Smith trying to get a reaction from him or has Smith just finally run out of patience with him?

Just what does the future hold for Lafferty?

hope he is on his bike ,a prima donna with a high opinion off himself ,but f---ing useless ,also an embaressment to the blue jersey. i also think he thinks because hes northern irish ulsterman and all that rubbish we will be behind him.not true i would say.

Was thinking the same when I heard the team lines, and subs. Before the Killie away game, McCoist pretty much got straight to the point re Kyle Lafferty. Said that they are dissappointed in his performances, and that's why he had not been in the squad for recent games. They hoped it would spark a response. He came on for 23 odd minutes aainst Dundee United, and was terrible, so no suprise he has been dropped yet again.

He's been given a lot more chances than some players this season, and has not taken them. He's had a run on the left, and upfront, and bar two halves of football, has been absolutely woeful.

Some said give him a chance in his so-called favoured position, he blew it. IMO, he's not a striker, and never will be. He doesn't have the brain, is not a goalscorer, doesn't have a strikers instinct, can't hold the ball up, is terrible in the air, his link up play, and understanding is poor, he's lazy... he lacks the basic attributes, and has a poor attitude.

He's probably more suited to playing out on the left than upfront, and out there, he is still pretty gash.

Don't know what the management team saw in him, because anytime I saw him for Burnely, he was terrible, and 9/10 that was when played out on the left of midfield.

He's never going to make it at Rangers, he has had more than enough chances, and it's time to move him on if possible. There are a number of players who should be given the nod ahead of him, and by the sounds of Ally McCoist's interview the other week, they are anything but happy with his attitude, and performances.

24 games this season - 1 goal, and that includes a run in his 'best' position when Boyd was out. Needs to porove it all again on the training ground before he is near the team again.

29 games, 2 goals, 5 assists, 5 yellow cards.

Was thinking the same when I heard the team lines, and subs. Before the Killie away game, McCoist pretty much got straight to the point re Kyle Lafferty. Said that they are dissappointed in his performances, and that's why he had not been in the squad for recent games. They hoped it would spark a response. He came on for 23 odd minutes aainst Dundee United, and was terrible, so no suprise he has been dropped yet again.

He's been given a lot more chances than some players this season, and has not taken them. He's had a run on the left, and upfront, and bar two halves of football, has been absolutely woeful.

Some said give him a chance in his so-called favoured position, he blew it. IMO, he's not a striker, and never will be. He doesn't have the brain, is not a goalscorer, doesn't have a strikers instinct, can't hold the ball up, is terrible in the air, his link up play, and understanding is poor, he's lazy... he lacks the basic attributes, and has a poor attitude.

He's probably more suited to playing out on the left than upfront, and out there, he is still pretty gash.

Don't know what the management team saw in him, because anytime I saw him for Burnely, he was terrible, and 9/10 that was when played out on the left of midfield.

He's never going to make it at Rangers, he has had more than enough chances, and it's time to move him on if possible. There are a number of players who should be given the nod ahead of him, and by the sounds of Ally McCoist's interview the other week, they are anything but happy with his attitude, and performances.

Spot on.

Worst signing in a while and waste of money for how big the transfer fee was :angry:

I know in the current financial climate for the club and the financial limitations in Scotland I find this slightly amusing, as a few years ago this would have been peanuts to us, and in comparison to what other clubs pay it wasn't that much.

It's one of those classic moments where you have a player and you pay for what is regarded as being over the odds because they haven't performed to your expectations, it happens at every club, now if he had came here and managed to displace Boyd and knock goals in for fun etc then we would have been saying we've had a bargain, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

lafferty doesnt deserve to be in the team. I have been very disappointed with him this year. I thought he had some excellent games for us last year but he hasnt had a good game all this season. Not the most talented in the world of course but i think its his attitude thats the problem more than anything else. He just looks like he cant be bothere. If we could get even half of what we paid for him back i would take it and run. I dont know what posessed us to spend so much money on potential when we were already struggling financially.

Think Walter is simply showing him that he has not made it. Not to mean he can't. But it's probably a 'shut the f*ck up Kyle' for now. Notice we haven't heard too much out of him lately?

Ask Walter why not.

And when Kyle comes back.. let's hope he is the player we have seen glimpses of. Still a young guy, and Walter has probably laid down the law to him.

Kyle better listen. He is fast running out of chances.