Lafferty Left Out Again

Seeing Lafferty on the team sheet is like eating an out of date orange, you'd be doing very well to get a decent game of football with it and it leaves a sour taste. Worst player on the team without a doubt, the lack of basics in our team is shocking at times but Laffertys downfalls are extremley poor for a professional footballer. Some of the basics you learn as a child at football training either haven't sunken in or were just ignored with Laffairy, ball watching is the main one, and one I've seen Ally and team mates shouting at him for, something which cost us a goal against Dundee United at home. Then there's the shocking first touch, which 8/10 times will end up two metres in front of him, to be picked up by an opposition player. Don't get me started on his lack of heading ability (at his height), inability to mark and tackle a player (bar almost breaking their legs) and the nonsensical, constant, turning backwards when he has the ball. No player is perfect, and hardly anyone on the team yesterday could make a basic pass, but still, we would be much better of if Smith just held his hands up and admitted he wasted £3.5m on a dud.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the 3-0 Hibs game, I don't think I've seen him dribble past a player.

He's so predictable.

He took one person down the wing tonight, then thought he was brilliant, so instead of playing the pass, tried to go past another player, and fell in a heap.

That was shameful -he was away with the ball and assumed he was going to get fouled and gave up.

If the defender (Kenneth?) had brushed against him he would have been down in a heap again.

He spends most of his time looking at the crowd and the bench instead of watching the ball.

Oh and he's a cheat.

Wonder what Bill Struth would make of him swanning about in his Bentley.

Thought he was okay in spells last night but we need to get rid of him. He can't do the basics, his second touch is a tackle ffs, he's a giant and wins fuck all in the air, He holds onto the ball for an eternity when a simple pass is on. He's a bit of a shitebag aswell, more than happy to lunge in on someone but too much of a pussy to stick his head in where it hurts or to go in for a 50/50 tackle.

Lafferty put in a shift last nite when it came to defending, problem is thats not his position. He was no better than average in play but given what he's been like lately it seemed like a big switch. he needs to wake up and understand that if he doesn't get his finger out then he's headed for the doldrums of Championship football at best.

Anyone who pulls on the Rangers top has my support for them to do well, but fvck me he's testing my patience.

I hate to see so much venom being directed towards anyone who wears the famous Rangers Shirt, no matter how badly they are playing.

However, I have to say in this case, it's completely justified.

Lafferty spends far too much time swanning around doing fuck all, waving his arms at everybody and anybody who is in the vicinity, and can be blamed for his own inadequacies, and basically not even being able to perform the basics that any half decent footballer in our Junior Leagues would be capable of.

My biggest fear for Lafferty however, is not actually for the guy himself, but for anyone who has to play against him. I really do believe that somebody is gonna cop a real serious injury some day, due to his wreckless tackles.

It's time for Rangers to accept this signing as one of failure, cut our losses, and move the guy on - at least we can then offer his wage to someone more deserving, whether it be a new signing or one of the current squad we would like to keep at Ibrox.