Messi

WeeBlue

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8rK6vyUQ6kQ

I think this kid is the best player ever.. Another hat trick and his 2nd goal is absolutely amazing..

How anyone can compare Ronaldo to him is beyond me.. I think we're now watching the best player ever to play the beautiful game.

Im expecting him to have a world cup comparable to Maradonas 86 tournament.

Is he the best ever. thoughts?

Won't be on the same level as Maradona until he wins the World Cup

Don't agree...

George Best was ten times the player of many who've won the World Cup.. Its a team sport. :wink:

Don't agree...

George Best was ten times the player of many who've won the World Cup.. Its a team sport. :wink:

Whilst I don't agree either... Maradona single-handedly won an average Argentina side the World Cup, so Messi should surely be able to too.

He's not the new Maradona, he's in a class of his own right now, I really don't like referring to players as "the new..". If he can maintain this level of performance and maybe win a world cup I think he will be the greatest player of all time.

Don't agree...

Whilst I don't agree either... Maradona single-handedly won an average Argentina side the World Cup, so Messi should surely be able to too.

I see what you did there. :wink:

Don't agree...

I see what you did there. :wink:

:lol:

The thing that makes messi so good, apart from his world class ability on the ball, is the way he is able to handle himself during a game. For someone so small he can fairly give it out and when he gets brought down he is straight back up on his feet looking to get on the ball again.

All top players are able to handle themseleves and Messi is no different.

He is the best in the world at the moment.

But no, he is not the best ever.

Let's not forget, Maradona won tiny Napoli two championships and a European Cup AND the World Cup for Argentina.

He was surrounded by decent players but nothing compared to the players that Messi has around him.