Good/Great Players who would struggle in the SPL?

outlaw69uk

Flo.

Flo was not the flop some made him out be.

Averaged a goal every other game and was sold for £6m.

00000042.gif The great lie about Flo is he was a flop, when he certainly wasnt

00000042.gif yep spouted by the mhedia and taigs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Davis isn't the strongest but he doesn't struggle in the SPL...

A great player can play anywhere in my opinion.

I think Steven Davis Steve Davis is a snooker player. :lol:

Only joking WEEBLUE i know what you meant. :lol:

Steve Davis isn't the strongest but he doesn't struggle in the SPL...

A great player can play anywhere in my opinion.

you think? i see davis mixing it with the opposition when they try and out muscle him, a very strong and quick player is young davoboogie.png

This (tu)

Remember some wanker said Xavi & Iniesta wouldn't be able to play in the SPL :lol::lol:doh

See, the way I view this is, taking everything in. Cant deny how good these guys are, but, could you see them at Fir Park on a Tuesday in January in the teaming rain, and, being so so up for it?

Remember some wanker said Xavi & Iniesta wouldn't be able to play in the SPL :lol::lol:doh

See, the way I view this is, taking everything in. Cant deny how good these guys are, but, could you see them at Fir Park on a Tuesday in January in the teaming rain, and, being so so up for it?

Any spanish or warm climate player would find that hard. :lol:

Right enough, give me big Lee any day :anguish:

Right enough, give me big Lee any day :anguish:

Why??

No great player currently in World football would struggle in the SPL. Robbie Keane is a 'good' player, he's not doing too badly in the SPL. You can't judge him on one game against us, just like you can't judge Lionel Messi's performance at Ibrox.

You can see the different wave length Keane is on compared to the the rest of his team-mates, and the players he play's against.

Karim Benzema pissed all over us at Ibrox, he couldn't look at Lionel Messi.

In the other thread, a few said Brian Laudrup was able to play in Scotland due to him being pretty strong - Messi is 10 (+) times stronger than Laudrup was, the wee man is a tank. His upper body strength is incerdible, he's strong as an ox, and a fantastic athelte, and that's one of the major reasons to why he is the player he is.

Gourcuff, Flamini, Toulalan, Pato, van Persie, Aguero, Rooney, Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Eto'o, Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Cambiasso, Gerrard, Fabregas, Mascherano, Perotti, Ozil, Ribery, van der Vaart, Sneijder, Henry, Capel, David Silva, Pranjic, Dzagoev, Pedro... would be untouchable in this league.

Players like Lennon, Jussie, Gervinho, Modric, Arteta, Moutinho, Boukari, Defour, Jovetic... would stroll through the SPL - it's more to do with the personnel, tactics, and formation. If you don't utilise a player in the right way, then he will struggle, no matter how good, or bad the league.

Good/great players have a way of overcoming obsticles, and that's why they are in a league of their own!

No great player currently in World football would struggle in the SPL. Robbie Keane is a 'good' player, he's not doing too badly in the SPL. You can't judge him on one game against us, just like you can't judge Lionel Messi's performance at Ibrox.

You can see the different wave length Keane is on compared to the the rest of his team-mates, and the players he play's against.

In the other thread, a few said Brian Laudrup was able to play in Scotland due to him being pretty strong - Messi is 10 (+) times stronger than Laudrup was, the wee man is a tank. His upper body strength is incerdible, he's strong as an ox, and a fantastic athelte, and that's one of the major reasons to why he is the player he is.

Gourcuff, Flamini, Toulalan, Pato, van Persie, Aguero, Rooney, Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Eto'o, Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Cambiasso, Gerrard, Fabregas, Mascherano, Perotti, Ozil, Ribery, van der Vaart, Sneijder, Henry, Capel, David Silva, Pranjic, Dzagoev, Pedro... would be untouchable in this league.

Players like Lennon, Jussie, Gervinho, Modric, Arteta, Moutinho, Boukari, Defour, Jovetic... would stroll through the SPL - it's more to do with the personnel, tactics, and formation. If you don't utilise a player in the right way, then he will struggle, no matter how good, or bad the league.

Good/great players have a way of overcoming obsticles, and that's why they are in a league of their own!

(tu) thats pretty well put. (but you didnt say which ones might struggle haha)

Thing is, I think some would struggle (especially the French ones if they came to us), and, you actually brought up another reason I forgot. You mentioned Keane being on another wavelength to his opponents, and his own team mates. We saw this to an extent with Mendes, and at times Davis. The problem there is, without enough players of that ilk/mindset, they would struggle

On the positive side, the older guard are moving on, and, we see from our young players coming through, that they make the runs, use the space, look for the passes more.

edit: you said Arteta, he has been here before, and, easily played out the game with a swift kick. He was much younger then though

Half our players cant do it in those conditions. British players like Lafferty, Naismith, McCulloch, Broadfoot... struggle.

You see the top teams in the Champions League going to countries where it's cold, wet windy, snowing... and putting on a show, same goes for international football, so that excuse doesn't wash with me.

I still think some of them player's would stuggle Muff, alright you have made an excellent point but going by the Scottish game great player's would or could struggle.

Half our players cant do it in those conditions. British players like Lafferty, Naismith, McCulloch, Broadfoot... struggle.

You see the top teams in the Champions League going to countries where it's cold, wet windy, snowing... and putting on a show, same goes for international football, so that excuse doesn't wash with me.

Also true

See, this came from me thinking, there are all these times you see names bandied about, and, how they would be "great signings", and, also, you see players signing for teams and thinking they are going to be cracking signings, but, doesnt work out. must be multiple reasons for it. I mean, Rangers and French players? Just doesnt work (in general). Spanish players dont tend to do well up here, yet, Italians tend to be ok. Many "why"s in there

Not a question to be taken arrogantly or offensively to those who think great players would struggle in our league, but do you actually see any football outwith Rangers?

Of course i do, i just think great player's can struggle too in our league just like the average player would. Example.....(lafferty).

Not a question to be taken arrogantly or offensively to those who think great players would struggle in our league, but do you actually see any football outwith Rangers?

Cant say my life revolves around it, but, I may have, on occasion, spied a moment or 2 og matches from other leagues. :sherlock:

I dont care about it though, albeit some is entertaining haha

The one thing I notice about almost all of it, is, the pitches are better, the technique is better, however, in general, many of the overseas leagues the players have far more time on the ball (one of the reasons Hemdani was mooted with a move back to France where he would shine again)

Point of this thread is, not every player mentioned in it would be a hit up here, whther that be from external circumstances, or, in my opinion, being dragged down to the level of the opponents (something I see often from Rangers)

To be honest mate I often wonder if certain posters on here even bother watching Rangers let alone any other teams.

The last player(s) we had that were close to being 'great' were Albertz, Numan, Gio, De Boer and perhaps Larsson on the other side.

And let's be frank, they absolutely pished it.

All strong player's. (tu)

Not really that much stronger than Messi.

If you watched him more than you clearly do, you'd see that he can hold of players that are bigger and heavier and that he is rarely kicked off the ball.

Go and find a DVD of Barca beating Madrid 6-2 at the Bernabeu if you want some proof of that.

I'd like to see Arteta in the SPL now, certainly not the 'lightweight' player some make him out to be.

So-called weaker players who have done it in the SPL; Beasley (shown that he can handle the physical nature), Brahim Hemdani, JJ, Ronald de Boer, Tore Andre Flo, Peter Lovenkrands, Thomas Buffel, Jeremy Clement, Pedro Mendes... all dubbed lightweight, not strong enough... on here. Can't be arsed naming players from other SPL clubs.

Spanish players make it in the SPL; Cuellar, Novo, Arteta, Aaron wasn't given the chance, so he cannot be mentioned, Ruben Palazeulos (sp), David Fernandez, Fransisco Sandaza...

Marc Crosas has been pretty shit. Spanish players are a lot tougher than people think, as is La Liga.

I'd like to see Arteta in the SPL now, certainly not the 'lightweight' player some make him out to be.

So-called weaker players who have done it in the SPL; Beasley (shown that he can handle the physical nature), Brahim Hemdani, JJ, Ronald de Boer, Tore Andre Flo, Peter Lovenkrands, Thomas Buffel, Jeremy Clement, Pedro Mendes... all dubbed lightweight, not strong enough... on here. Can't be arsed naming players from other SPL clubs.

Spanish players make it in the SPL; Cuellar, Novo, Arteta, Aaron wasn't given the chance, so he cannot be mentioned, Ruben Palazeulos (sp), David Fernandez, Fransisco Sandaza...

Marc Crosas has been pretty shit. Spanish players are a lot tougher than people think, as is La Liga.

Too true.

Apart from that Cuellar lad, he was a shitebag!

Never ever even thought about sticking his head where it might hurt.