Takeover bid

nvager

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard and I will get shot down for this no doubt but here goes, 2 deals very much on however the one which is more likely is the one we wouldnt want as allegedly ellis wants murray park to be sold on or some pish like that but thats what the guy in asda said the day? probably shite but thats what the man said?

I have heard and I will get shot down for this no doubt but here goes, 2 deals very much on however the one which is more likely is the one we wouldnt want as allegedly ellis wants murray park to be sold on or some pish like that but thats what the guy in asda said the day? probably shite but thats what the man said?

Asda great source lol - joking mate - his brother could be on the committee - but I heard Ellis was not amused he wouldn't be allowed the ground all around Ibrox for redevelopment and that had stalled him ? The Council own it do they -I dono?

Strange it was every 5 mins you were hearing news and now nothing - it gives me a bad feeling and I am normally a optomist !

they said 2 weeks me thinks

They certainly did, and we have only entered week 2, or is this week 3. Time goes so fast.

Having been involved in a few due diligence studies over the years 2 weeks sounds quite short. That would imply tey can look at Rangers in isolation without geting embroiled in the state of MIH's finances, whcih of course is good news. My biggest fear is that that distinction between Rangers and MIH is not transparent. That would probably scare off most investers.

Asda great source lol - joking mate - his brother could be on the committee - but I heard Ellis was not amused he wouldn't be allowed the ground all around Ibrox for redevelopment and that had stalled him ? The Council own it do they -I dono?

Strange it was every 5 mins you were hearing news and now nothing - it gives me a bad feeling and I am normally a optomist !

Ellis was doing it for self publicity, but i believe SDM used his to shield the real bidders interest

My understanding is Rangers (or is it MIH) own the land around Ibrox but the issue is over planning permisison for residential or commercial purposes - for example supermarket. All land is designated for planning purposes and as the land around Ibrox used to be industrial (railways sidings) I guess it is desingnated as available for industrial development, which there is no money in, compared to housing or commercial development. Ellis will be working with GCC on getting the designation changed but that takes some investment in some facilites for the public benefit. This is normal and I thnik is referred to as "planning gain". GCC will be saying something like it can be residential but we would then need to build a primary school to accomodate the extra population so can you contribute £1m towards that. - just an example but how the real world works.

Ellis and his backers are content with the inside issues with rangers.

The sticking point was the land around the stadium.

Gcc will grant planning permission for retail and housing development if ellis and his backers contribute to educational developments in the area. As this is only week two. It is still to be signed.

I have been advised ellis and his backers will come out with a statement to the stock exchange one week tomorrow At 12 noon

do we really want some prick thats only interested on what land is available to him AROUND THE STADIUM to take us over...

i want someone who is interested in the land INSIDE THE FUCKING STADIUM and who plays upon it, to take us over...

this guy reeks tbh...there has to be a better option ffs ,cause there cant be much worse..

Perhaps if the land can be used to good effect then that will mean more money to be invested in Rangers. if so then great, but I can understand people being nervous about new owners that seem more interested in the land development than the football club.

Perhaps if the land can be used to good effect then that will mean more money to be invested in Rangers. if so then great, but I can understand people being nervous about new owners that seem more interested in the land development than the football club.

apologies for my angry rant ,but it just amazes me that all we have heard about this takeover is

how much land is there available to us,,,,how can we make money out of taking over this club that stinks of tbh

all i want to hear is HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS FOOTBALL CLUB BETTER...have we heard a whisper of that?

honestly these are the wrong investor/investors guys ...ask northampton town ffs

he only had 500k he could invest in them and fucked off 12weeks or so down the line cause there was no property/land developement...

get him to fuck...

apologies for my angry rant ,but it just amazes me that all we have heard about this takeover is

how much land is there available to us,,,,how can we make money out of taking over this club that stinks of tbh

all i want to hear is HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS FOOTBALL CLUB BETTER...have we heard a whisper of that?

honestly these are the wrong investor/investors guys ...ask northampton town ffs

he only had 500k he could invest in them and fucked off 12weeks or so down the line cause there was no property/land developement...

get him to fuck...

That sounds just about bang on to me m8. I dont like the idea of this guy. If Tom Hunter is involved as some people on forums have suggested then Yes Please, but this guys in it for one thing and one thing only..... PROFIT.

It really concerns me that all Ellis seems to be worried about is how much he can make outside Ibrox.

As has been said in previous posts do we really want this guy to buy our club. My fear is he will make his money from the sale of the land around Ibrox and possibly the sale of Murray Park then leave us in a worse state than we are in now.

Ellis and his backers are content with the inside issues with rangers.

The sticking point was the land around the stadium.

Gcc will grant planning permission for retail and housing development if ellis and his backers contribute to educational developments in the area. As this is only week two. It is still to be signed.

I have been advised ellis and his backers will come out with a statement to the stock exchange one week tomorrow At 12 noon

can we hold u to that sasa? (stock exchange statement by ellis next wk)

i dont want an owner who only wants to buy the club to see how much money he can make from the land around ibrox although to be honest i cant really see this as his only reason for wanting to buy the club. Surely he can buy land for much less than it would cost to get control of rangers and still make money on it?

another point that i should maybe make a seperate thread on..but here goes PUFF DADDY ?

now who at our club is looking for prospective investors/buyers ??

are we being administered by more money grabbers who are doing fuck all...

this guy is worth well over 500million dollars and hes wanting to take over crystal fuckin palace....

who do we get as one of the top 10 supported clubs in the world ..a fuckin meccano/airfix man that only wants

to build shit on land around OUR STADIUM/TEAM .who hasnt even had 600k in the past to help an other football team

but hes our saviour ,away and wank ellis....

I am not convinced Ellis is doing anything wrong.

Many posters on here (myself included) have long shouted about how Rangers need to work harder to find new revenue streams to sustain our club and our ambitions in the stagnant Scottish game.

There ARE NO options within the football operation. Scottish football is what it is. We can change sponsiors, bring merchandising back inhouse etc but that is that

Ellis is doing what we have always wanted. He is using Rangers and the clout that brings to force through changes that will BENEFIT the club. Of course he will make some dosh. Why not. But SO WILL WE.

He has sized up the options, seen the silver lined one and is pushing it to full effect.

Nothing wrong with that.

If he makes us a well run, viable and successful operation we will get the investors we all pray for but let's be honest - these guys ain't gonna throw there hard earned at Murrays current black hole are they?

People are too quick to assume he's an asset stripper and in it for a quick buck. Because the mhedia says itdoesn't make it so.

That's my ten bobs worth!

Markybear, I am willing to put £££ notes on it

so do u think he is our way forward...a property developer that has no money????

He is the front. There are a few good men behind him. Ellis' part is all for the property aspect