McCoist

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I've said for the last 2 years that Coisty isn't ready for the top job at the moment and I'm doubtful that he ever will be ready to boss Rangers, so tonights result has no bearing on my thoughts.He may be a very good coach in the eyes of the players but having been a great player or a good coach doesn't mean to say that he is good enough for the top job.

Calling for him to be sacked is way over the top but giving him the top job would be detrimental for us IMO

I concur **thumbs up**

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if hes the next boss, thats maybe enough to drive me over the edge

please God no, please please please please NO.

fucking no chance

all the facilites, wealth, resources, internationals, sports scientists, everything we have at our great club and he has not had 1 good performance from any side he has picked. weve struggled against every opponent and he must hold the record for replays against provincial clubs in cup ties, hes never a Rangers manager, scoring goals for us in the past does NOT give him the right to be in charge of our institution, he must prove himself elsewhere, although what ive seen of him at Rangers, he wouldnt last long at any club.

a great striker

a club legend

but a useless manager and coach may i add

I'm not sure how you can say he is a "useless coach",only the players can tell you how good he is.

Agree with most of the other stuff though.

has he improved any of our attacking players? doesnt look like it to me, maybe boyd, but lets be honest, the attributes he has improved could only get better, they couldnt get any worse, everyone except boyd knew what was wrong with his game, his granny could have told him to get his finger out more.

is he happy with young fleck being embarrassed in left midfield? has he said anything to change it, doesnt look like it

is he happy with how Walters team plays week in week out? if he is, then hes not the man i thought he was, if hes not then why is he not doing something to change it. if he is? what? what is he bringing to our huge table?

he was given games and time in the cups and we get more of the same dross as Walter serves up.

i just dont see anything in him.

his interviews recently have also been totally bizarre, hes talking some pish.

i hope hes not our future.

nice guy though, but his current job has totally changed my opinion of him. i thought he was better than that.

most players, especially good players are not cut out to manage, Ally shows me nothing that makes me say, yeah he would excite me as the new boss, he fills me with fear, even worse than how i feel when one of Walters teams takes to the pitch in a European game.

Really ? you actually think Lafferty is better than Novo ?

Im not saying Novo is amazing or anything but Lafferty is pish

He basically possesses no ability

Novo>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lafferty

He possess no ability. I look forward to him proving all you doubters wrong. Was our best player in attack tonight, just isnt getting the goals he needs.

McCoist should be fucking sacked a complete joke of a team tonight!

Stick to Arsenal you moron, get a fucking grip we have no players to select from the league is a big priority if the tims didn't get pumped tnite we would be 7 points with 2 dodgy away games in hand. Fuck sake fans like you make me sick at times.

Fuck up prick :rolleyes: you talk shite no players to select from is that right why were fucking boyd and miller on the bench then?? Away you go

Just in from training so i missed the game, but asking for ally to be sacked there is only one prick here and that is you.

Okay so why talk shite and say no players to choose from,yes they might not be 100% but with a team like that out,Lafferty instead of Novo,It was Allys fault tonight and if he should be sacked thats my opinion so dont talk pish

Hahaha press the panic button. Im not saying Ally is the best manager but he plays a part as coach and from what i here is well respected by the players. We are 10 points ahead and after losing our second game of the season you want him sacked. As i said stick to Arsenal your boring.

I couldnt give a fuck what you think i think your a dick so there you go,and im pressing no panic button all i want is our strongest team :rolleyes:

why do people think miller and boyd needed a rest ?

don`t get it. they only played 90 mins on sunday.

yet davie weir is ok.

let me guess novo need a rest so little played.

you put your best 11 on the park and try and win it. end off.

not try and scrape it . or lose a goal and bring them on at the death.

when st mirren were 2 up at least then bring on the 2 forwards and try and win the game before

extra time.

bottom line here . the team selectin was pish. Walters fault he`s the boss.

no rangers fan would have picked that team.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Really ? you actually think Lafferty is better than Novo ?

Im not saying Novo is amazing or anything but Lafferty is pish

He basically possesses no ability

Novo>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lafferty

He did not bad tonight, better than most

Never manager material. Assistant at best. Watching him carrying on in the pre match warm up was embarrassing. Scores a goal, and celebrates like a kid.

If he is the next manager, then we are in big trouble. He couldn't pick his nose, get a reaction from his players, or change a game. Been saying it after every game.

Where was Walter Smith tonight, was he in the dugout?

McCoist should be fucking sacked a complete joke of a team tonight!

Stick to Arsenal you moron, get a fucking grip we have no players to select from the league is a big priority if the tims didn't get pumped tnite we would be 7 points with 2 dodgy away games in hand. Fuck sake fans like you make me sick at times.

Fuck up prick :rolleyes: you talk shite no players to select from is that right why were fucking boyd and miller on the bench then?? Away you go

Just in from training so i missed the game, but asking for ally to be sacked there is only one prick here and that is you.

Okay so why talk shite and say no players to choose from,yes they might not be 100% but with a team like that out,Lafferty instead of Novo,It was Allys fault tonight and if he should be sacked thats my opinion so dont talk pish

Hahaha press the panic button. Im not saying Ally is the best manager but he plays a part as coach and from what i here is well respected by the players. We are 10 points ahead and after losing our second game of the season you want him sacked. As i said stick to Arsenal your boring.

I couldnt give a fuck what you think i think your a dick so there you go,and im pressing no panic button all i want is our strongest team :rolleyes:

what a pleasant cunt this guy is! :rolleyes:

RMF welcomes pleasant cunts with well rounded points of view... so that's you fucked for starters!

He shouldn't be our next manager. Numerous times he has taken charge, we have been awful!

Walter may have had some input tonight, but everything was rotten about the selection and formation.

I'm not trying to take away from the shocking individual performances btw.

exactly look at the cup run 3-3 Hamilton 2-0 Hamilton AET 0-0 St Mirren 1-0 St Mirren 1-0 Dundee Utd plus we struggled at bit going to the league cup final in the dundee game it was close dunno about the QoS because i wasn't here but it didn't sound good

Never manager material. Assistant at best. Watching him carrying on in the pre match warm up was embarrassing. Scores a goal, and celebrates like a kid.

If he is the next manager, then we are in big trouble. He couldn't pick his nose, get a reaction from his players, or change a game. Been saying it after every game.

Where was Walter Smith tonight, was he in the dugout?

A manager or assistant can not be one of the boys during the week,going to the races,larking about on the training ground and then demand respect and exert authority on game days.McCoist,if he wants to be a manager at some club,has to distance himself from his players and adopt an aura of authority and demand respect; having players laughing and joking with him is not the way to go about the job.

there's noway i believe for 1 minute that he's given full control over the squad, players, tactics, formation so i for 1 wouldnt judge him on these games (although i dont want him for manager anyway anytime in the future)

McCoist just has a bigger role in Cup games. He does the team talk and the press conferences.

The final decision always comes down to Walter Smith, he's not going to let him put out a squad he doesn't think is capable.

if hes the next boss, thats maybe enough to drive me over the edge

please God no, please please please please NO.

fucking no chance

all the facilites, wealth, resources, internationals, sports scientists, everything we have at our great club and he has not had 1 good performance from any side he has picked. weve struggled against every opponent and he must hold the record for replays against provincial clubs in cup ties, hes never a Rangers manager, scoring goals for us in the past does NOT give him the right to be in charge of our institution, he must prove himself elsewhere, although what ive seen of him at Rangers, he wouldnt last long at any club.

a great striker

a club legend

but a useless manager and coach may i add

I'm not sure how you can say he is a "useless coach",only the players can tell you how good he is.

Agree with most of the other stuff though.

has he improved any of our attacking players? doesnt look like it to me, maybe boyd, but lets be honest, the attributes he has improved could only get better, they couldnt get any worse, everyone except boyd knew what was wrong with his game, his granny could have told him to get his finger out more.

is he happy with young fleck being embarrassed in left midfield? has he said anything to change it, doesnt look like it

is he happy with how Walters team plays week in week out? if he is, then hes not the man i thought he was, if hes not then why is he not doing something to change it. if he is? what? what is he bringing to our huge table?

he was given games and time in the cups and we get more of the same dross as Walter serves up.

i just dont see anything in him.

his interviews recently have also been totally bizarre, hes talking some pish.

i hope hes not our future.

nice guy though, but his current job has totally changed my opinion of him. i thought he was better than that.

most players, especially good players are not cut out to manage, Ally shows me nothing that makes me say, yeah he would excite me as the new boss, he fills me with fear, even worse than how i feel when one of Walters teams takes to the pitch in a European game.

More of the dross Walter serves up??? you are fuckin joking mate. So we lost a cup game so what. We will still win the SPL thats where the money is. Negative whinging bastards fucking nothing is ever good enough.

• 6 months later...

I hope it works out for him when he takes over, would hate his legend status to be tarnished if he turned out to be a terrible manager. Some of the games he has been in charge of (particuarly all those games last seson/season before that needed a replay) havent looked promising but here's hoping it will.

Regarding the point that Coisty is too much of a joker and not "tough" enough etc.

Paolo Maldini was quoted in this month's FourFourTwo saying what made Carlo Ancelotti such a great manager was his ability to get the team behind him and being comfortable enough to joke while still maintaining a level of discipline. I'm not saying Ally will ever be as good as him as a coach but if he finds the balance, it won't be a problem IMO.