McCoist

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

This old chestnut again, any manager, irrespective of where they came from and who've they've managed before won't necessary be a success at Rangers or any other club that they go to.

All the criticism that went to Coisty during cup games, how many cups did we win when Coisty and Co came back?

As for whether or not he can be a successful manager, going to another club for experience means absolutely nothing at all, if he is successful at another club still doesn't mean that he would be successful for us.

As for this experience crap, that's just what it is, he is being taught by one of the greats, and with Scotland and us how many years has he now been Walter's assistant? That experience alone could be more valuable than managing a smaller club than ours where there is less expectation and pressures.

If he does become manager next season for us, then and only then should he be judged, if he is a success then brilliant, if he crashes and burns then at least he tried.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the point that Coisty is too much of a joker and not "tough" enough etc.

Paolo Maldini was quoted in this month's FourFourTwo saying what made Carlo Ancelotti such a great manager was his ability to get the team behind him and being comfortable enough to joke while still maintaining a level of discipline. I'm not saying Ally will ever be as good as him as a coach but if he finds the balance, it won't be a problem IMO.

Little bit more on this, the public persona of Coisty is this joker attitude, but from the story's I've heard about him in the past he is one serious fucker behind closed doors when it comes to his football, and this was when he was playing.

Yeah, he can be a great laugh, but he's not the sort of person you would want to cross and I think players past and present have a great respect for him.

Little bit more on this, the public persona of Coisty is this joker attitude, but from the story's I've heard about him in the past he is one serious fucker behind closed doors when it comes to his football, and this was when he was playing.

Yeah, he can be a great laugh, but he's not the sort of person you would want to cross and I think players past and present have a great respect for him.

Agreed 100%.

In a perfect world we could choose from a handful of the top managers but it looks like Coisty will be the man.Would I prefer a high profile successful manager? Yes probably, but that would have to be considered against how a high profile manager would perform on a limited budget and how well he could motivate players to play above their price tag. I will give Coisty my backing and hope that he has learned well from Walter. Time will tell

Really ? you actually think Lafferty is better than Novo ?

Im not saying Novo is amazing or anything but Lafferty is pish

He basically possesses no ability

Novo>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lafferty

what a pile of dog dirt

:anguish:

These stories come from professionals who have played with him and players who he has coached

What would they know compared to the academia we have assembled on here..... ;)

These stories come from professionals who have played with him and players who he has coached

What would they know compared to the academia we have assembled on here..... ;)

:D

Yep

If he does eventually become manager I really hope he is a success, which I'm sure most of the members wish also(there will be a few who won't, called lurkers).

The problem that has been coming through that some don't have confidence in him, ironically, there were some members who said that Walter shouldn't have came back.

Can i point out that everyone says he makes an arse of the crappy cup games he takes control of, yet, in the last 3 years, weve reached 5 finals out of 6 and won 4. Decent record for someones whos not ready to be a manager.

He shouldn't be our next manager. Numerous times he has taken charge, we have been awful!

Walter may have had some input tonight, but everything was rotten about the selection and formation.

I'm not trying to take away from the shocking individual performances btw.

It's Walters team - He has more than some input.

Judge McCoist on what he does next year when he's in total control.

I think people are overstating the whole "taking charge in the cups" thing. He probably has a larger input but I doubt that he manages the team for those matches.

You are correct.

This si the first season he has picked the team and been in total charge for the cups.

Walter and ally confirmed this before the dunfermline game. Seems he did have more responsability over the last few years but it was still walter that was boss in the cups

You are correct.

This si the first season he has picked the team and been in total charge for the cups.

Walter and ally confirmed this before the dunfermline game. Seems he did have more responsability over the last few years but it was still walter that was boss in the cups

What? Coisty had total free reign or more of a free reign for the Dunferlime game?

That was one of our best performances. :D