As someone who gets paid to coach sports...

Canadaready

As I am someone who gets paid to coach athletics ... albeit in college ... I am completely shocked by what Walter did tonight with regards to the line up. I would never be so comfortable in my job to start a line up like that.

He is a great manager, but, a sudden lapse in urgency screwed us here. Time to get back to realizing that managing Rangers FC isn't a hobby, it's a job.

tonights line up had me feeling he was resting players for what was a vital game against hearts on saturday

pity its only a fucking friendly now on saturday, leagues finished :lol:

to play united away, and start 3 guys that have barely played, only thing that can explain that is that he was resting players

With thomson, mcculloch and davis already out i think that thats more than enough players to "rest".

Boyd and miller should of started, boyd needs game time to work on his sharpness and what does he get? 3 mins. I knew they would wait till 1 down to throw him on.

tonights line up had me feeling he was resting players for what was a vital game against hearts on saturday

pity its only a fucking friendly now on saturday, leagues finished :lol:

to play united away, and start 3 guys that have barely played, only thing that can explain that is that he was resting players

Agreed.

Celtic looked as if they were building up a head of steam(albeit from miles behind). We also have a more difficult run in, and still to visit Parkhead. If Celtic had lost 4-0 on Saturday I think the team would have been different tonight. We also had 9 players exhausted from Sunday and an away fixture at Tynecastle on Saturday.

well everyone knew when it was 2 : nil to st mirren , why did he not go for it then. even he must have known it was over.

no your right the best thing to do is take it to extra time to fuck the players even more for saturday !

smith was a numbnut tonight with his team selection.

where would extra time benefit us . it wouldn`t !

so you have to try and win it in normal time. ok lets play our attackers then.

OR maybe the players needed rested? doh

Nah, thats too much credit for Walter, let's all just jump down his throat at the first opportunity doh

FFS.

exaclty yeah maybe it wasnt the best decision but you need to look at what walter has achieved, he done it for a reason and it didnt go to plan so theres no need to jump down his throat FS!

st mirren players didn`t need to be rested . they were full of energy.

smith blew it tonight.

could he not even change his plan when celtic were 2 down.

or at least try and win it . bring boyd on for at least 20 mins,

As I am someone who gets paid to coach athletics ... albeit in college ... I am completely shocked by what Walter did tonight with regards to the line up. I would never be so comfortable in my job to start a line up like that.

He is a great manager, but, a sudden lapse in urgency screwed us here. Time to get back to realizing that managing Rangers FC isn't a hobby, it's a job.

Thats a bit harsh. Has Boab stolen your login details?

St Mirren were playing with 11 men.

Nine men doing the work of 11 is fucking knackering.

we boyd wasn`t knackered on sunday. what extra did he do ?

novo was hardly on .

miller just done his usual shift ( only 90 mins)

did the rest of the defence not play for the 90 as well. apart from wilson.

why could he not change things when he knew the score with celtic?

he must have known the league was over then.

he could have brought boyd on 70 mins for little.

he only brought on miller because lafferty had cramp.

how would playing extra time help the players before saturdays game ?

you try and win it in 90 mins to stop extra time. piss poor management here.

In all honesty if Im going to rest players id do it in the competition which is already in the bag!

Not in a cup QF.

Is the spl not number 1 tho mate n anything else we win after that is all well n good, this is the way i see it (tu)

In all honesty if Im going to rest players id do it in the competition which is already in the bag!

Not in a cup QF.

Is the spl not number 1 tho mate n anything else we win after that is all well n good, this is the way i see it (tu)

The SPL is the number 1 priority but we went into tonights game 10pts clear with a game in hand and a huge GD advantage.

We could afford to rest players v Hearts or just wait til its won.... now we're out of the cup.

EVEN (and I think he did it for the best of reasons), EVEN if Walter made a mistake, he aint perfect and a lapse or two does not make him a bad manager - if we had sneaked a 1 0 win he would have been a genius for resting his players when needed?

BTW - does the team you coach win everything, every time? or do they just, occasionally, lose?

Not in a cup QF.

If you dont believe the league is won you believe in the flat earth society