A thread for the RM drama queens...

papaguy51

The treble isn't that important anyway. The league is the most important thing in scottish football. Much more important now than it was even 5 years ago. Winning the league is all that counts. Then focus on getting back into the CL.

No point in crying about going out of the scottish cup.

For a club like Rangers, winning trophies is everything.

Can't win ALL THE TIME. Thats the point. You can only try. 9 men had just won the league cup a few days before. Tired legs do come into it. A lot of people on here seem to think the players are robots.

Fucking hell guys - no disrepect but i think some of you need a dose of perspective. Let's recap - the club is in the financial shitter. If we hadn't won the league last season we'd possibly be in administration right now. The previous year to that we lost the league on the last day chasing a quadruple.

If we don't win the league again this year we are in serious financial danger. Walter and the team took the decision that Saturday away to Hearts was more important given:-

- Celtic were likely to win at St Mirren tonight and at home this weekend. Had we slipped up at Hearts the gap would be 4pts (albeit we'd have had 2 games in hand). Hands up who'd have lost sleep at that prospect? Certainly me.

- The guaranteed £15m CL money from the league this season if we win the league means we can attract a new owner, we can keep key players and the essential mgt team.

- We played 30mins with 10 and 20mins with 9 on Sunday then travelled to the 3rd place side in the league who but for a ropey spell when they lost their manager would be pushing for 2nd place.

Am i disappointed to miss out on a treble - hell yes.

Do i think the mgt team were a touch too conservative tonight - absolutely

However i completely understand why they did and given Smith, McCoist et al (and this same bunch of players for 3 seasons) have effectively saved Glasgow Rangers as an institution means i will not be taking cheap shots tonight.

Well said sir. some fans are young and spoiled by the success of recent decades.

I know - im no wise old head like some of here who might have had to live through Celtic's nine a row but im in my 30's and started watching Rangers when we had Bobby Williamson up front!! Anyone who has played football at any decent level knows that on any given day 11 men can beat most other 11 men. You would think we'd just been pumped 4-0 by St Mirren or Berwick FFS. :drool:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am over the moon with tonight we have a thin squad and would much rather get put out now than get beat in the final by them, because they would then finish the season on a high, we were never going to go the full season with only 1 loss n I would much rather it be in the cups than spl :wink:

The treble isn't that important anyway. The league is the most important thing in scottish football. Much more important now than it was even 5 years ago. Winning the league is all that counts. Then focus on getting back into the CL.

Can't win ALL THE TIME. Thats the point. You can only try. 9 men had just won the league cup a few days before. Tired legs do come into it. A lot of people on here seem to think the players are robots.

only touble i have with that is winning with 9 men doesnt go down in history just a memory.. losing does

What? <cr>

just saying winning a final wi 9 men wont go down in history the 1-0 win will ... just like the 1-0 loss will.. im just arse hurt at losing always will be

only touble i have with that is winning with 9 men doesnt go down in history just a memory.. losing does

What? <cr>

just saying winning a final wi 9 men wont go down in history the 1-0 win will ... just like the 1-0 loss will.. im just arse hurt at losing always will be

So that cup final won't be rememberd? What a crock of shit.. :BELM:

As far as I'm concerned, winning the treble means you've had the ultimate season. It now feels like theres a huge hole, the fact we all expected the treble and now we can't get it, it's sickening to be honest. Yes I'll still be over the moon when we win the league, I'm not exactly heartbroken, it's still been an incredible season but just not the ultimate season.

Retaining our title is always the main priority of course but I just felt like this season we could actually win the treble, and top off a fantastic season.

I'm gutted

As far as I'm concerned, winning the treble means you've had the ultimate season. It now feels like theres a huge hole, the fact we all expected the treble and now we can't get it, it's sickening to be honest. Yes I'll still be over the moon when we win the league, I'm not exactly heartbroken, it's still been an incredible season but just not the ultimate season.

Retaining our title is always the main priority of course but I just felt like this season we could actually win the treble, and top off a fantastic season.

I'm gutted

I expected the treble to begin with.

Then we hit December, I thought it was a certainty.

Then we started playing poorly recently and I thought we might be in a bit of trouble.

Then I saw the line up and first ten minutes of tonight's match, and to be honest, I didn't think we'd sneak over the line again.

extremely disappointed at that performance tonight. I know it was a 2nd string line up but smith and mccoist know how much we wanted the treble, now we have a couple of games and thats the league ours again. Ill enjoy it alot but when i watch the scottish cup final ill be thinking if only it was us there.

I am over the moon with tonight we have a thin squad and would much rather get put out now than get beat in the final by them, because they would then finish the season on a high, we were never going to go the full season with only 1 loss n I would much rather it be in the cups than spl :wink:

what a stupid reply !

win tonight and beat them in the final . why would they win against us.

we would have finished the season with games to spare and been able to rest players.

we didn`t need to rest novo !

why not at least bring on boyd with 20 mins to go ?

Also I get a bit fed up with the walter and ally saved the club .

we were never going to go to into administration.

we have to cut the debt by £1 million a year end of story !

I don`t forget the mess they made of europe the last 2 seasons.

they cost us a fortune and them buying lafferty and valicka and no midfielders was classic .

then buying davis and mendes when we were out . then telling us we had spent to much and had

to get rid of players . davis / boughy are good ( great buys ) the rest I`d rather not have had.

what a stupid reply !

we would have finished the season with games to spare and been able to rest players.

they cost us a fortune and them buying lafferty and valicka and no midfielders was classic .

then buying davis and mendes when we were out . then telling us we had spent to much and had

to get rid of players . davis / boughy are good ( great buys ) the rest I`d rather not have had.

you're absolutely correct - Walters a shite manager and doesnt know what buying a good player means.

forget laudrup, gazza, et al. bringing through rooney in the everton youth etc (im an evertonian btw)

you clearly know better than WS so why not submit your CV to the rangers board - you can email it to "iknowfuckingbetterthanallofyoubecauseIvegotnofuckingexperiencewhatsoever@RFC.com"

I dunno whether the 'i' in the email address should be in CAPS though??

probably best try both - hopefully you'll get the job - GOOD LUCK!!

what a stupid reply !

Mate so when we are resting all our big players for the final would u not be moaning about that. The management cant win

Really sickened at the way we started the game and with the line up, too many people at the game wanting to celebrate in the tims pity and forgetting all about the game that was going on underneath them.

I thought that too.

Really sickened at the way we started the game and with the line up, too many people at the game wanting to celebrate in the tims pity and forgetting all about the game that was going on underneath them.

I thought that too.

wunning the spl is what we all set out to do. winning anything else after that is all well and good (tu)

what a stupid reply !

Mate so when we are resting all our big players for the final would u not be moaning about that. The management cant win

why would I be bothered if we were resting our players for the final . we would have a double and going for a treble ?

the management won`t win when they make pish moves like tonight.

if they don`t really give a shit about the cups then we should get in for free with youre season tickets like we used to .

I believe we blew a great chance of a treble ( which would have been legendary) more so to keep the manky mob down.

we need to take every chance to keep them down.knock them back a few years.

as for numbnut saying what about signing gazza etc . rooney at everton.

first. rooney was already at everton when he went there. he and his staff did help him. fergie has made him.

it wasn`t hard to sign players for rangers in smith hayday.

laudrup / gazza and a few more .

but don`t miss out on boli , prodan and many more.

I actually think he`s best at signing defenders that are suited to the scottish game.although he`s had a few mistakes there.

how many players play out of position with him.

as I`ve said before he`s a good manager but never a great manager because things like tonight happen due to mistakes by him.

yes we will get beat from time to time but thats not what bothers me.

we got beat tonight because of the team selection .

If he puts our best team out there and we lose well fine he`s done his best , but when he doesn`t put our best team out there

and we lose it then becomes his fault. we will never know what would have happened with our best team out there tonight

but one thing for sure is we would have had a better chance of winning in the 90mins.

I agree with the OP, but still think WS got the team wrong tonight and should have had Boyd and Miller on at half time as it was obvious that Little and Fleck were just not up to it. Neither was Naismith and Lafferty is just Lafferty.

Can't believe everyone isnt caring we have just flung away a treble!! It could be another 7 years til we get a shot of another one. Cos let's be honest the tims canny be worse next season than this....... People disregarding the treble as an inconvenience etc, fuckin unreal

it wont be 7 years. we will get a shot at the treble again next season.

I hate coming on here after a loss but I just can't help myself. :craphead:

I actually thought people wouldn't be so raging considering we've won the League Cup and have a potential 16 point lead in the SPL...