I'm going to have my moan...

Muff

It's not the loss, it's the manner we lost in. We never turned up, our attitude was a disgrace, we were second best, too many shitebags on the park, pulling out of challenges, aerial duels... not testing the opposition, getting outclassed, out fought, lack of basics.

I don't know how many times Whittaker, Papac, Weir, McGregor, and Wilson shook their head in disgust - but it was a lot!

Its amazing how fatigue can make you look like your not trying. (tu)

How come a near on 40 year old can last the pace, and look the fittest? He's played the most number of games, and still strolled through the game.

Naismith, Edu, Fleck, Beasley, Little, Lafferty... all started ffs.

It is far tougher to play on the wing for example; up and down the whole game, than play CB.

Doesn't matter, and center back is still a tough position to play, especially when there is no midfield, and you are on the back foot!

Also, David Weir's age comes into it. He's nearly 40, played 42 games this season, looked as fresh as a daisy, and strolled through it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the loss, it's the manner we lost in. We never turned up, our attitude was a disgrace, we were second best, too many shitebags on the park, pulling out of challenges, aerial duels... not testing the opposition, getting outclassed, out fought, lack of basics.

I don't know how many times Whittaker, Papac, Weir, McGregor, and Wilson shook their head in disgust - but it was a lot!

there was 4 players tonight who have had more rest than santa claus ffs

fatigue my arse, weir done more work than most out there

as a few have said, dundee united are probably the worst team in the SPL to lump high balls up to, and what did we do

it smacks of the hibs game last season, first half we gave jones and that big coloured boy all the high balls they wanted,

after 5 mins everycunt could see it wasnt working, so what did we do, plod on for the rest of the game

i dont mind getting beat if the team come off having given 100%, in the last 4 games they havent given 100% in total

not good enough and thank fuck the beggars are woeful, or we could be sitting here shitting ourselves

What is the point in saying thank fuck they are awful? The players would just step it up again and play better. What is happening is not only mental fatigue but also complacency in general. The team isn't passing it as well as it did earlier in the season.

The squad has been fantastic this season.

can they step it up again, it took them going down to 9 men before they felt like they had to do something last sunday, only having 2 shots on target against st mirren is fucking woeful for a team like us

the recent displays have been abysmal, nothing else, thats the issue here,

as i said, if the beggars had won tonight, how confident would you REALLY be knowing we are playing hearts away with an understrength team, and our 2 games in hand arent guaranteed wins either

They really need to step it up again.

The annoying thing with Rangers is that you can almost tell when the defeat is coming.

I didn't think we'd lose at any point against St Mirren, even with nine, but tonight felt totally different.

as a few have said, dundee united are probably the worst team in the SPL to lump high balls up to, and what did we do

it smacks of the hibs game last season, first half we gave jones and that big coloured boy all the high balls they wanted,

after 5 mins everycunt could see it wasnt working, so what did we do, plod on for the rest of the game

i dont mind getting beat if the team come off having given 100%, in the last 4 games they havent given 100% in total

not good enough and thank fuck the beggars are woeful, or we could be sitting here shitting ourselves

What is the point in saying thank fuck they are awful? The players would just step it up again and play better. What is happening is not only mental fatigue but also complacency in general. The team isn't passing it as well as it did earlier in the season.

can they step it up again, it took them going down to 9 men before they felt like they had to do something last sunday, only having 2 shots on target against st mirren is fucking woeful for a team like us

as i said, if the beggars had won tonight, how confident would you REALLY be knowing we are playing hearts away with an understrength team, and our 2 games in hand arent guaranteed wins either

It would not surprise me at all if we won 1-0 away to hearts.

Its not about winning the league anymore, its more about just playing the games and not losing.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

How come a near on 40 year old can last the pace, and look the fittest? He's played the most number of games, and still strolled through the game.

It is far tougher to play on the wing for example; up and down the whole game, than play CB.

Doesn't matter, and center back is still a tough position to play, especially when there is no midfield, and you are on the back foot!

Also, David Weir's age comes into it. He's nearly 40, played 42 games this season, looked as fresh as a daisy, and strolled through it.

It does matter, as you do far more running on the wings.

It's a fact.

I do understand what you are saying about his age though.

It would not surprise me at all if we won 1-0 away to hearts.

Its not about winning the league anymore, its more about just playing the games and not losing.

eh? :lol:

It does matter, as you do far more running on the wings.

It's a fact.

I do understand what you are saying about his age though.

I'd like to see the amount of miles covered by Weir, compared to the likes of Beasley, and Lafferty tonight. I bet Weir covered more ground.

I'd like to see the amount of miles covered by Weir, compared to the likes of Beasley, and Lafferty tonight. I bet Weir covered more ground.

I bet he didn't :blush:

And if you don't like it, then I couldn't give a shit!

Chasing a domestic treble, and you put out a side like that?

Three players who have not kicked a ball in some time. One of them being Andrew Little, who was asked to play upfront. Was never going to work, even more so when we were going to spend the whole game lumping the ball up to him, knowing fine well that Dundee United had two animals in the center of their defence... great thinking there. How Little stayed on the park for so long, I will never know? Not having a go at him, but more the management.

John Fleck had a few nice runs, that's about it, far too greedy.

Kyle Lafferty, is a dud, and a fcuking shitebag - you see better in the Scottish Sunday league games. An absolute dumpling who is a complete, and utter waste of space. Please just go!

DaMarcus Beasley goes on about getting a new contract... well he can ram that up his back box. He doesn't deserve one. Four good games in December, and he's not kicked a ball since. He was absolutely brutal tonight. Couldn't even take the ball with him, or find a Rangers player. If he wasn't falling over, he was running into someone.

Maurice Edu, bar a few runs, you wouldn't have thought he was on the park, and was totally outshawn by both Prince Bauben, and Morgaro Gomis.

Steven Naismith crashed into tackles, tried to get on the ball, create, defend... his attitude was right, but his final ball, and awareness was shocking.

Not sure how long it took us to get a shot at Pernis, but it was a hell of a long time. Our delivery, and lack of movement at set pieces, was a complete, and utter joke. McGregor was looking for an early ball, the players had their back turned to him, and he was raging, and it happened far too often.

Our attitude from the start was poor, Dundee United wanted it more, they played better, and scored the goal right at the end.

It's been coming, and our luck finally ran out, due to our piss poor performance. Whoever was incharge of that team tonight got it completely wrong. Couldn't get the players going, couldn't see where the game was going, no plan B... nothing. I'll bet that was McCoist incharge tonight!

A win on Saturday, nothing less!

I very rarely, if ever, agree with Muff - but youre spot on here pal. DMB, Edu etc a pair of wasters - get rid AFAIAC. lafferty at least I thought showed a bit more tonight - lacking quality around him.

Fleck looked like a 16yr old player tbh. naive and too eager to please. Little was much better but lacking the right sort of player around him - at least he showed for the ball.

Worryingly on that performance - fleck has a good bit to go in terms of development. he's showing nothing of the hype and seems like he ksut need s to get back to basics.

any talk of a multi million deal for him is so far removed now its not true - the kids still a kid.

And if you don't like it, then I couldn't give a shit!

Chasing a domestic treble, and you put out a side like that?

Three players who have not kicked a ball in some time. One of them being Andrew Little, who was asked to play upfront. Was never going to work, even more so when we were going to spend the whole game lumping the ball up to him, knowing fine well that Dundee United had two animals in the center of their defence... great thinking there. How Little stayed on the park for so long, I will never know? Not having a go at him, but more the management.

John Fleck had a few nice runs, that's about it, far too greedy.

Kyle Lafferty, is a dud, and a fcuking shitebag - you see better in the Scottish Sunday league games. An absolute dumpling who is a complete, and utter waste of space. Please just go!

DaMarcus Beasley goes on about getting a new contract... well he can ram that up his back box. He doesn't deserve one. Four good games in December, and he's not kicked a ball since. He was absolutely brutal tonight. Couldn't even take the ball with him, or find a Rangers player. If he wasn't falling over, he was running into someone.

Maurice Edu, bar a few runs, you wouldn't have thought he was on the park, and was totally outshawn by both Prince Bauben, and Morgaro Gomis.

Steven Naismith crashed into tackles, tried to get on the ball, create, defend... his attitude was right, but his final ball, and awareness was shocking.

Not sure how long it took us to get a shot at Pernis, but it was a hell of a long time. Our delivery, and lack of movement at set pieces, was a complete, and utter joke. McGregor was looking for an early ball, the players had their back turned to him, and he was raging, and it happened far too often.

Our attitude from the start was poor, Dundee United wanted it more, they played better, and scored the goal right at the end.

It's been coming, and our luck finally ran out, due to our piss poor performance. Whoever was incharge of that team tonight got it completely wrong. Couldn't get the players going, couldn't see where the game was going, no plan B... nothing. I'll bet that was McCoist incharge tonight!

A win on Saturday, nothing less!

I think you are correct in everything you have stated here; I think it was the wrong system,wrong tactics,substitutions, as usual, made far too late to have much effect. I wonder what,if any, pre match instructions were given and from what I saw there were no effective sideline leadership qualities apparent,again same as usual in cup ties for the past couple of years.

I fcuking hate losing - but when you witness a performance like that, it makes it even worse.

Thing is we have performed like that a number of times and got away with it. It is like they are expecting to get things handed to them.

We have had our good games this year, but too many poor ones, where thankfully the luck has been on our side. Great at grinding out results, but there is only so long a team can do that for.

Too many bad performances, bar December, we have been mediocre. To some, being slightly better than a piss poor celtc side is good enough, not for me - they are not the benchmark.

League was a must this season, look's like it's staying where it belongs, but things must improve next season. Changes are needed in the personnel - new, and different types of players are required. A bit of much needed pace, and quality wouldn't go a miss. Players out of contract should be binned, and others squad members sold/moved on/released... whatever it takes to get rid of them.

Not too sure if the money will be there tho?

Don't agree with Walter Smith on this occassion.

I felt we played well at Tannadice

Don't know what game he was watching last night?

He's speaking as if we played a few days ago. <cr>

I was appalled by our performance tonight, I had to hide the remote so my da couldn't turn it over to Spurs!

Think Walter must have been watching that game.... for we certainly didn't play well.