Ten points clear, two games in hand and the League Cup...

papaguy51

Would anyone on here SERIOUSLY not have taken the situation we are currently in at the beginning of this season, when it was all doom and gloom regarding transfers and finances?

I'm amazed by some of the comments I've read on here since last night, you'd think we'd just lost our only trophy chance of the year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am for being positive, but that was a terrible performance from a team that couldn't do the basics and it is not the first time we have seen it. If we play like this on Saturday we will get beat no doubt about it. The first leg was supposed to be a wake up call, we were 3-1 up at home!!!! And we throw it away. It is all very well saying we have won a cup and we are miles ahead in the league, look we could be 5 points clear or 50 points clear and I would still not be happy with a performance like that. Here's hoping we are miles better against Hearts because we will need to be.

No-one could have foreseen the shambles that celtic were to become, that's obviously had an enormous bearing on the position we currently find ourselves in.

I'm all for Smith receiving huge credit for the job he's done this year, but he blew it big time last night. Big time.

Would anyone on here SERIOUSLY not have taken the situation we are currently in at the beginning of this season, when it was all doom and gloom regarding transfers and finances?

I'm amazed by some of the comments I've read on here since last night, you'd think we'd just lost our only trophy chance of the year.

I think you call them glory hunters m8 (tu) I wonder how many of they people would have followed Rangers in the early eighties ;)

I would have taken just the league at the start of the season considering the state of the finances.

Some people haven't grasped the concept that it's impossible for the team to win every single game. Injuries, suspensions and burn-out will always affect a squad as small as ours if we are challenging on all fronts.

I'm disappointed to be out of the Scottish Cup, because if we'd won it I think we would of equaled Celtic's record?

But, I'm more then happy being so far in the league and with a League Cup in the bag already.

I'm disappointed to be out of the Scottish Cup, because if we'd won it I think we would of equaled Celtic's record?

This is the biggest pain in the balls, I can't stand them having won more Scottish Cups than us.

This is the biggest pain in the balls, I can't stand them having won more Scottish Cups than us.

Its alright.

In 2 years, We'll be ahead of them :)

i agree mate, disappointed to lose last night but theres still a league to be wrapped up n i would have taken our current position at the start of the season

I think you call them glory hunters m8 (tu) I wonder how many of they people would have followed Rangers in the early eighties ;)

I would have taken just the league at the start of the season considering the state of the finances.

Pointless statement. Total shite.

We have by far the most in the one that matters, and that's not even including all the war league titles. Tumshie has hit the nail on the head, we have been due a defeat for a long time. Hopefully this is the kick up the arse the team needed.

So we should all just accept a pathetic defeat because we had a poor spell 25-30 years ago? wacko.gif

We have by far the most in the one that matters, and that's not even including all the war league titles. Tumshie has hit the nail on the head, we have been due a defeat for a long time. Hopefully this is the kick up the arse the team needed.

I thought throwing away a 3-1 lead at home was the kick up the arse the team needed?

That result has been coming - I'm dissappointed in both the management and players. We've been shite in the Cups.

How come when we are playing well 'having a small squad works better' 'rather that than a big one'... yet when we put in a piss poor performance, and get beat it's, 'but we have a small squad', 'not spent money in 18 months'... bullshit.

There can be no excuses for surrendering a two goal lead at Ibrox, that performance last night. We've not been good enough. We've not got that big a squad yet we managed to make changes which saw five international players come in, and an under 21 internationalist aswell. More than enough to get past Dundee United!

There is a great team spirit there, can't doubt it.

Perhaps there was one or two too many changes last night, but it's down to the fact that the players were just not good enough on the day.

I would have snapped your hand off if offered the league and cup at the start of the season, but this isn't the start of the season, and we found ourselves in a situation where the treble was on. Couldn't give a shit about what I would have taken 8 months, it's what was on offer now, which mattered!

At the beginning of the season I was fairly confident of winning the league. However I thought it would have been closer. If we were in a winning position in the league, then it follows that we would be the best team, and therefore at least one Cup would have been won.

I didn't think about the treble, it was just a bit too much. However, realising how bad Celtic are, I now think the treble was a possibility. I'm now annoyed that we can't do it.

Add to that, that Celtic might win the Cup on the last day of the season pisses me off. A bit of glory they don't deserve, in terms of play, their Chairman's jibes at Rangers, and the their undermining of referees for their own ends.

If ever a club deserved to win nothing it's this season's Celtic.

beasley 1 start and 2 subs since his injury ? not match fit, edu - couple of sub appearances after a serious Knee injury , naismith - not a midfielder ( what happened to Ness ?) Little only his second appearance in the first team was always going to be difficult and the less said about Lafferty the better ( even though that was a "better" performance than normal from him .

Last night was a bit of a flashback to the time when Smith often baffled us with team selections and hit high balls up to the Dundee United defence, I do accept that.

The manner of the defeat was unacceptable.

Can only just remember that period, 5-1 gubbing from Aberdeen sticks in my mind :anguish:

Last night aside Rangers are in a great position which no one would have foreseen considering all the financial constraints on the manager. Gutted the treble's not on but things could be a lot worse.