Your pet hates in football?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wages that players are on and command.

Emile Heskey on £60k a week? Give me a break.

Money has ruined football.

The money has to go somewhere, I'd rather see it going to the men on the park. Football is a business.

I'd put a cap on agent-fees though.

Players from Britain wearing gloves in the middle of March.

The fact that you can't tackle anyone now without commiting a foul.

Players acting as if they have been shot and then 2 minutes later they are up and running free again.

Far too many prima donnas.

Referee's assistants not assisting as much as they should.

Referee's being allowed to throw out an appeal against their own decisions.

Keepers being six yards out by the time a penalty has been struck

People moaning about a team not putting the ball out of play or returning possession after an opposing player has received treatment.

- Keepers getting far too much protection

- Refs automatically giving a foul from a corner if the original decision to give the corner was a controversial one. Easy way out.

- Players who wear gloves yet still wear a short sleeved top

- Keepers acting like they dont want to celebrate after they've saved a penalty and pretend they want to get defenders organised for the corner instead

- Players who put their hands together as if they are praying when speaking to the ref (usually italians)

- Players harassing the ref at full-time if he made a bad call earlier. As if they expect him to start the game again and change his decision.

Players from Britain wearing gloves in the middle of March.

The fact that you can't tackle anyone now without commiting a foul.

Players acting as if they have been shot and then 2 minutes later they are up and running free again.

Far too many prima donnas.

that sounds like a kyle lafferty summary to me :L :lafferty: although he was good last nite til he got whatever it was he got

Hate when players go down too easy, like the slightest touch and they fall over, when its blatantly obvious it's not enough to make them fall. Nakamura did it whenever he got close to the 18 yard box and the refs always gave him the free kick. Tims must have won so many games because of his shitey diving

Players who commit fouls, and act surprised or appauled when the ref books or sends them off.

Ashley Cole springs immediately to mind.

And people who insist on calling Dundee United - "Dundee"... but then I'm a bit of a pedant, so plenty of stuff like that drives me mental!