Your pet hates in football?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

short corners, the lack of goal line technology, stupid yellow cards and refs in general. and don't get me started on sky's coverage...

I dread the day this happen's.

Football should be run by people, not camera's.

There's not much about the game I would change except diving and time wasting when we are losing.

Time wasting can be grand if we are winning though :lol:

This is not obstruction.

If your playing in defence and a striker knocks the ball past you and wants to run on to it and you step in to his path, preventing him from reaching the ball, then this is obstruction.

If you are a defender and someone plays a pass to the striker but the pass is heading out of play. If the ball is within 3 yards or within a playable distance to the defender then you can use your body to shield the ball out of play, this is not obstruction.

Gloves with short sleeves. I'm looking at you Magic. :p20:

I always thought that was stupid, but some people have a condition called reynoids disease (spelling?). And it just means that when its cold the circulation to your hands stops working as well meaning hands go purple and stuff :lol: . I've got it, so i wear gloves when im playing football, i usually wear long sleeved tops mind you :wink:

Divers not being punished and when a ref gives a penalty but doesn't book the player or send them off, as it's always a bit strange.

P.S. Thanks Welsh, looks like I have that thing :lol:

Looks like some people who have commented haven't played football before

Looks like some halfwit has commented without reading the title or first post in this thread.

My other pet hates are, people getting booked for taking their top off, the EPL always being mentioned, certain teams being targeted by the media to spread lies and British fans being attacked by police in some foreign countries.

Another pet hate of mine is managers who constantly big up their own players for international squads and almost tell the national team manager that they should be called up.

Does Capello go and watch games and then give interviews afterwards saying that team a or b need more options in positions x, y & z before suggesting a load of players who could offer them that?

No he doesn't so why don't guys like Redknapp, Hodgson & Bruce leave Capello to get on with his job and pick the players he wants to pick?

Ironically on the day I posted this Allardyce comes out and moans about Capello not picking Paul Robinson.

Platini, he's basically made football a non-contact sport. Slide tackles which win the ball, even with excessive force should still be fair play if the ball is won first!

The protection goalkeepers get is absurd as well, the amount of times a keeper fucks up a punch and goes to ground to cover his shortcomings...is unreal!

Any players caught diving should IMO recieve an automatic red, that would shake up these continental types (see Dani Alves)

Apart from that its mostly fine and dandy :pipe:

When players score important goals and do ridiculous celebration. Such as the "shhhh" celebration. If you can't do a backflip/cartwheel etc, then don't bother trying to do a cool celebration.

It's impressing nobody. (td)

Also, why do players take their shirts off in celebrations, when they KNOW that its a guaranteed booking?! Players shouldn't be booked for it but continuing to do it isn't going to change anything. Managers should come down hard on this. Hmmph.

Shot corners , chiped penalties and Christano Ronaldo - most overated player I have ever seen along with Aiden Mcgeady

Overated as in made out to be the best ever?

or do you just not think he is good?

Platini, he's basically made football a non-contact sport. Slide tackles which win the ball, even with excessive force should still be fair play if the ball is won first!

The protection goalkeepers get is absurd as well, the amount of times a keeper fucks up a punch and goes to ground to cover his shortcomings...is unreal!

Any players caught diving should IMO recieve an automatic red, that would shake up these continental types (see Dani Alves)

Apart from that its mostly fine and dandy :pipe:

Agree with 100% with PR , Football has become a joke especially like every time a British team tackles it's a free kick against them

Referees in European Competitions from leagues that are obviously not at the standard required for them to have the experience to ref at European level.

E.g. Norway or Switzerland.

One of my pet hates is when people say things like that.

(No offence.)

Defenders running into the corner and diving.

Refs buying into defenders that dive.

Empty seats.

Club managers that manage a nation and pick the players they had at their former club.

Crocker saying that Papac is the only player of the PLG era, also whenever Celtic are drawing or losing in the last minute he always says "Celtic are not adverse to a late goal or two".

Lack of common sense from refs.