***PreMatch Analysis*** Hearts versus Rangers

nvager

Hearts versus Rangers at Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh, on Saturday March 25, 2010. Kick-off 12:30 PM.

Rangers sit at the top of the SPL with 67 points from 28 games and have a goal difference of +48 goals. Celtic are in second place with 57 points from 30 games and have a goal difference of +23 goals. Our opponents Hearts are in sixth place and have 40 points from 30 games and have a goal difference of -5 goals.

This is the beginning of a run in of the last 10 games in the league. We need only to win 5 out of 10 games to win the title or take 15 points from 10 games. I hope we go on good run and win 5 games in a row. This is entirely possible but it needs the team to be really motivated and to be playing a much better standard of football than we have seen these past few weeks. Surely we will see a reaction from the team after the poor display on Wednesday night.

Davis coming into the team will make a big difference as will having a choice of McCulloch, Thomson and Edu in midfield. We will miss Bougherra in defence. Wilson has performed terrifically well for an 18 year old, but he is not yet nearly as good as Boogie.

Our defence has done well, generally speaking, but we still need to score goals and in our past two games have struggled mightily in midfield and up front. There have been reasons for this with Davis ill and suspensions to McCulloch and Thomson, but nevertheless we need to improve our game going forward and try and reach the standard we achieved in December.

Players need to make an extra effort to "kill off" this league title as soon as possible. They can then relax all they want to.

The title is ours to win or throw away, but it would be criminal if we did not win it now by a convincing margin.

The good news is that all players are fit except for Bougherra and Broadfoot.

In my opinion the we need strength in midfield and up front. We need some pace on the wing. Walter will have choices and I think he will play this team: McGregor, Whittaker, Weir, Wilson, Papac, Davis, McCulloch/Thomson, Edu, Beasley/Novo, Miller and Boyd.

I would prefer that both Lafferty and Novo if played are substitutes, because I think they perform better from the bench.

The team if properly motivated can win this game. A worry is that Driver will give Whittaker a hard time, but Whittaker has been better defensively of late. We need a bit of guile in the team and hopefully Davis being fully fit will make a difference.

We need Boyd to regain his scoring touch and to prove that the rumour going around that he has signed a pre-contract agreement with Birmingham and that he now lacks any motivation is just not true.

In any event we have everything to play for and hope we attack from the start and score a bunch of goals and put Celtic under even more pressure when they kick off at Parkhead a little later in the day.

My guess is that Walter will have the team well up for this game and that we will win a hard fought game. My prediction is Hearts 1-3 Rangers.

That will leave us four victories away from winning the SPL.

Something far wrong if the team is not fired up for this one. I expect a lot from them this weekend.

I hope your right but I dont think so. Boyd is defo off to Engerlund has nothing to prove now, which leaves Miller to bang in a goal tomorrow from our front 2. Id like to see Davis score and have a funny feeling that Whittaker might score to. 2-2 tomorrow anyone ?? Scorers Miller & Whittaker

Generally, we have reacted well -- over the last few seasons -- to adversity. A loss for The Rangers these days is almost a crisis situation! So I expect our lads to come out firing on all cylinders.

Hearts 0 - Rangers 2

Boyd, Miller.

Normal business shall be restored