If Boyd Goes in the Summer...

Emerson

i think boyd will sign a new contract

no chance, i believe he is long gone now

as for the OP

a 4-5-1 could work if walter uses the right people

play 2 defensive mids , thommo and edu

3 attacking mids, naismith?, davis, beasley?

novo or miller up front, with lafferty as 3rd choice

thats if we dont get any new investment mind

i think boyd will sign a new contract

no chance, i believe he is long gone now

as for the OP

a 4-5-1 could work if walter uses the right people

play 2 defensive mids , thommo and edu

3 attacking mids, naismith?, davis, beasley?

novo or miller up front, with lafferty as 3rd choice

thats if we dont get any new investment mind

Thats my thinking also, and it would allow Fleck to have a more prominent role in the squad. I think with whats left in the squad after everyones left in the summer, this formation would be our strongest.

i hate to say but it looks as if boyds on his way,shame after the way he's been playing latley.

but i would think walter would stick with just miller up front an maybe naismith or novo,beasly or even lafferty,as i still beleive he's good enough for us,maybe if he gets a good pre season behind him and less pressure,and with regards to novo n beasly,are they not out of contract this summer?

He looks uninterested again and hasn't signed a new deal

He hasn't signed a new deal because of the uncertainty surrounding the club as he has already said. He looked pretty interested yesterday, I would say he was more pissed off before due to his lack of fitness. If he goes, he goes we move on. I think he will be here next season though.

Anyone saying that Boyd looks uninterested and hasn't been playing well, should probably remember hes been rushed back from injury! He's nowhere near match fit at the moment, hence some sluggish performances recently. He'll stay at the Rangers :sherlock:

I hope he does stay. Maybe I was critical of him yesterday and he did have a great knock down for Naismith. I think we just expect him to score every game.

I suppose once we find out about Walters situation we will here more

I'd say yesterday was Boyds best game since he came back from injury, he was everywhere and won alot of headers and some nice link up play outside the box. Kenny miller having 17 goals this season is proof of boyds improvement and work outside the box. Love the big man and would be totally gutted if he were to leave. Maybe he just thinks he's done everything in the spl and wants a fresh challenge. I wouldn't grudge him a crack down in England.

to be honest, i wouldnt grudge him a crack in the epl either. but i would be angry at the fact we had lost him for nothing . on current form he is worth between 5 and 10 million and we cant afford to lose out on that kind of money . heres hoping the big man stays .

He looks uninterested again and hasn't signed a new deal

straight to the point

if it was true that rangers offered 2k less than boyd wanted, and now he's leaving, i'd be pretty pissed considering we took him from killie and made him what he is today

Kris Boyd doesn't owe this club anything.

I don't think he will sign, much the same as I said back in January, but, I think 4-4-2 has been too successful so can't see him resorting to 4-5-1 again. If he does go, we will have that money available to replace him. Not sure what we could get for the same amount but, we will see.

Jut wondering, why is everyone so convinced he is away?

Because the contract is on the table.

Even if we get new owners, I don't think Boyd will do better than a contract that, given his goalscoring add-ons, comes to the region of £20k a week at Rangers.

Plus, I think he's using the managerial situation as a reason not to sign. He must surely know that any new owner in their right mind would NOT tell Smith to leave.

If he goes, which is certain to happen IMO, we will need a replacement who will guarantee goals. Miller, Naismith, Lafferty, Fleck, Little and Velicka won't get the amount of goals Boyd will.

Hopefully he signs a new contract but I don't think he will.

Boyd will sign a new deal, why do I think he will, because he has been talking to big eck for almost 3 month now, and he still aint signed a deal with them, so It cant be about money, because they can offer more than us, so when walter signs a new deal boyd will follow, 20 grand per week 3 year deal. :wink: